Niklas Kronwall, Jonathan Ericsson

Erik Karlsson, Staffan Kronwall

Victor Hedman, Niklas Hjalmarsson.

Loui Eriksson, Henrik Zetterberg, Johan Franzén

Daniel Alfredsson, Marcus Krüger, Viktor Stålberg

Jakob Silfverberg, Calle Järnkrok, Gabriel Landeskog

Fredrik Pettersson, Joel Lundqvist, Niklas Persson

(J.Larsson, Zackrisson, Brodin, Ekholm)

Why is Karlsson playing with ****** Kronwall? Jesus christ if he's gonna keep those..

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Do you guys think there is enough depth and hands in swedish defense? There are alot of big, slow and wooden-handed players such as Hedman, S.Kronwall and Ericsson who have not scored many points in any season of their carreer. Sure there are Karlsson and N.Kronwall, but do you think team Sweden needs more hands and creativity to the defense?

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
S.Kronwall can't be that bad. He is rated 4/5 by Wennerholm in the world champs guide by aftonhoran ;)

Funny read by the way! Great imagination for an old geezer.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
That's pathetic(Expressen and Joensuu..).

-Så där håller man på i Sverige. Inte i Finland, säger Joensuu.

Right, of course. :shakehead

AE

May 10, 2010

nwaZ*

Do you guys think there is enough depth and hands in swedish defense? There are alot of big, slow and wooden-handed players such as Hedman, S.Kronwall and Ericsson who have not scored many points in any season of their carreer. Sure there are Karlsson and N.Kronwall, but do you think team Sweden needs more hands and creativity to the defense?

You got a point. Too bad Enstrom declined so early, after all I think he would've want to play...

AE

May 10, 2010
Is people comfortable with Fasth/Enroth duo?

Fasth, yes
Enroth, no
= Duo, no

But i really don't know who would be there instead of Enroth..
Wesslau? Svedberg? Ersberg? seems to be same **** different names...

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
http://www.expressen.se/sport/kronikorer/magnus-nystrom/nystrom-dags-att-ta-tillbaka-vm-bucklan/

I found this pretty entertaining to read with translator, but if someone wants to translate it or the best parts better, would be great.

Anyway, I get feeling the swedish press aint actually the most analyst and realistic style, they're just more like really optimist and throwing bs for us ofcourse...:help:

They actually dont know much about our players, as they only think we have like three good players and others are just taken in like randomly. :D And they say "they only got 4 NHL players", well we had to drop couple after eht, we happen to have some better players in europe than in NHL, but its probably hard to understand for em. :)

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Fasth, yes
Enroth, no
= Duo, no

But i really don't know who would be there instead of Enroth..
Wesslau? Svedberg? Ersberg? seems to be same **** different names...

Enroth is a solid wellrounded goalie. Very good guy to have as Fasth's alternate. If the defense can't play well together, he can still do an alright job. Fasth however is somewhat exposed if the defense fails against teams that play very aggressively. Fasth is the better goalie, but don't underestimate his buddy!

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
http://www.expressen.se/sport/kronikorer/magnus-nystrom/nystrom-dags-att-ta-tillbaka-vm-bucklan/

I found this pretty entertaining to read with translator, but if someone wants to translate it or the best parts better, would be great.

Anyway, I get feeling the swedish press aint actually the most analyst and realistic style, they're just more like really optimist and throwing bs for us ofcourse...:help:

They actually dont know much about our players, as they only think we have like three good players and others are just taken in like randomly. :D And they say "they only got 4 NHL players", well we had to drop couple after eht, we happen to have some better players in europe than in NHL, but its probably hard to understand for em. :)

Expressen and Aftonbladet are tabloids and their hockey columnists are about as knowledgable as your average chimp. I wouldn't read too much into it, actually, I try to avoid those papers entirely. :)

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden

Hedman S.Kronwall and Ericsson need to be at thier best in thier own end. I am not worried about Swedens offence in the slighest, our weakness could possible be in the defence, goalies in particular.

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
Did you guys catch any buffalo games early on in the season? Enroth was great and almost stole Ryan Miller's job. He had a much tougher time down the stretch and didn't get as many starts though.

Can't imagine why anyone would want guys like Svedberg and Ersberg over a guy like Enroth who's proven that he can play well at a very high level already.

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
If the playoffs started today I would probably use Enroth against Canada and USA and Fasth against FIN/CZE/RUS/SLO/SWI. There are lots of games before the quarters and both goalies will have a chance to shine and take the nr. 1 spot.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
EkExpressen Team Sweden coach Pär Mårts holds spots open for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Patrik Berglund, Nicklas Bäckström and Henrik Lundqvist

svartgul

Hata Löven
May 9, 2007
Beyond the Infinite
www.northpower.nu

Swedish press doesn't have a journalistic "style" other than to attract as many readers/viewers as possible and that isn't usually accomplished by quality reporting but hype building and twisting the truth as far as possible by writing tensionious articles. Expressen and Aftonbladet get extremely nationalistic during sports tournaments and do everything to increase national interest by any means necessary, with themselves in the center of it all naturally.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
haha swedish press have already started: "MOI MUKULAT, NYT TULEE ISOVELI!"

"HEJ SMÃ… KNATTAR, NU KOMMER STOREBROR!" :laugh:

http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/tre-kronor/finske-stjarnan-om-lopsedeln-kaxigt/

It not provocative, unless you find utter stupidity provocative.

Sweden and Finland have a healthy rivalry in hockey as it is. We don't need artificial pathetic attempts by journalists trying to stir **** up for the rivalry to work. Quite the opposite. It detracts from it.

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
Did you guys catch any buffalo games early on in the season? Enroth was great and almost stole Ryan Miller's job. He had a much tougher time down the stretch and didn't get as many starts though.

Can't imagine why anyone would want guys like Svedberg and Ersberg over a guy like Enroth who's proven that he can play well at a very high level already.

The answer as to why anyone would want another goalie can probably be found in your third sentence.

Not sure if anyone currently available would do a better job though. On the other hand Svedberg looked a lot better during the playoffs than Fasth and Enroth did during the last two weeks. But who knows if Svedberg would play like that if you put him in net today?

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
If the playoffs started today I would probably use Enroth against Canada and USA and Fasth against FIN/CZE/RUS/SLO/SWI. There are lots of games before the quarters and both goalies will have a chance to shine and take the nr. 1 spot.

I would also like Fasth against Finland :)

;)

Kidding aside. Considering that guy's competitiveness he would probably win it just because of the loss last time.. His style however meshes badly with Finland's play.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden

No fun for us though :(

"Note: Access is geo-blocked in a few countries where exclusive media license agreements are in place including: Belarus, Denmark, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Ukraine and the USA. Please see the list of broadcasters to watch the games in these countries."

Because there is nothing like a proxychanger..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad