May 9|vs. Slovakia|Helsinki|15:15|9:15 AM
May 11|vs. United States|Helsinki|15:15|9:15 AM
May 12|vs. Canada|Helsinki|19:15|1:15 PM
May 14|vs. Finland|Helsinki|19:15|1:15 PM

borat.jpg

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Anyone know if Antropov will play this year? It'd be nice to see him back on the international stage and helping his country avoid relegation.

harju

Jun 16, 2007
Three friendly games against Italy on 24, 26, 27 of April.

Roster:

Vitaly Eremeev, Barys Astana (KHL)
Vitaly Kolesnik, Salavat Yulaev Ufa (KHL)
Alexey Ivanov, HK Astana (Kazakhstan)

Vitaly Novopashin, Barys Astana (KHL)
Alexei Litvinenko, Barys Astana (KHL)
Evgeny Fadeyev, Barys Astana (KHL)
Roman Savchenko, Barys Astana (KHL)
Alexei Troshchinsky, Vityaz Chekhov (KHL)
Denis Shemelin, Kazzinc-Torpedo (VHL)
Andrei Korabeynikov, Kazzinc-Torpedo (VHL)
Vladislav Kolesnikov, Kazzinc-Torpedo (VHL)
Sergey Yakovenko, Sary-Arka (Kazakhstan)

Andrei Gavrilin, Barys Astana (KHL)
Vadim Krasnoslobodtsev, Barys Astana (KHL)
Talgat Zhailauov, Barys Astana (KHL)
Konstantin Pushkarev, Barys Astana (KHL)
Roman Starchenko, Barys Astana (KHL)
Fedor Polischuk, Barys Astana (KHL)
Konstantin Romanov, Barys Astana (KHL)
Yevgeni Bumagin, Barys Astana (KHL)
Dmitry Upper, HK Atlant Mytishchi (KHL)
Maxim Belyayev, Yugra Hanti-Mansisk (KHL)
Dmitry Dudarev, Kazzinc-Torpedo (VHL)
Konstantin Savenkov, Kazzinc-Torpedo (VHL)
Alexei Vorontsov, HK Astana (Kazakhstan)
Andrei Spiridonov, HK Astana (Kazakhstan)
Yevgeni Rymarev, Barys-2 Astana (Kazakhstan)

Antropov has some small injury, and his acception will depend on doctors. He will join the team in Italy or Helsinki, if he gets permission.

Alexei Vasilchenko (Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL), Yevgeni Blokhin (Yugra Hanti-Mansisk, KHL) and Maxim Semyonov (HK Atlant Mytishchi, KHL) out cause of injuries. Three hard hits on defence, whole top 8 could've been from KHL.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Alexei Vasilchenko (Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL), Yevgeni Blokhin (Yugra Hanti-Mansisk, KHL) and Maxim Semyonov (HK Atlant Mytishchi, KHL) out cause of injuries. Three hard hits on defence, whole top 8 could've been from KHL.

Alexei Bondarev (Metallurg Magnitagorsk) is also ineligible due paperwork issues. Their full strenght D would be really awesome.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I'm guessing CET is -1 from Helsinki and Stocklhom?

I know that Helsinki is two hours ahead of GMT at the moment.

Partagas

Dec 20, 2011
Plus possibly Antropov. Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if this team is relegated.

What do you mean , yesterday they lost to Italy 2-5 , it's an upset or not ?
They play anyway in a much stronger league than the italian champioship, i was surprised.

harju

Jun 16, 2007
What do you mean , yesterday they lost to Italy 2-5 , it's an upset or not ?
They play anyway in a much stronger league than the italian champioship, i was surprised.

Yeah, been following Kazakshtan for couple years now and that result is really bad. Hoping that other 2 games against Italy bring much better result, otherwise Antropov is really needed to get even a chance not to relegate. Though avoiding relegation is easier in the new system, only need to win France really.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Yeah, been following Kazakshtan for couple years now and that result is really bad. Hoping that other 2 games against Italy bring much better result, otherwise Antropov is really needed to get even a chance not to relegate. Though avoiding relegation is easier in the new system, only need to win France really.

France is likely a stronger team than Italy. They have been in the championship round for the last few years without being relegated. Kazakhstan should beat Italy and France, but anything can happen.

They could really use the experience and size on forward that Antropov brings to the table. He may not be the same player he was 2 years ago, but he's still the best Kazakh of all-time and their only current NHLer. Haven't heard anything official from him yet, but we should soon. I have a feeling that he'll be there.

croAVSfan*

France is likely a stronger team than Italy. They have been in the championship round for the last few years without being relegated. Kazakhstan should beat Italy and France, but anything can happen.

They could really use the experience and size on forward that Antropov brings to the table. He may not be the same player he was 2 years ago, but he's still the best Kazakh of all-time and their only current NHLer. Haven't heard anything official from him yet, but we should soon. I have a feeling that he'll be there.

Kazahstan won't play Italy at WC

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I've seen a couple sources saying Antropov will not join the team for the WC because of an injury. That's very unfortunate for both him and Kazakhstan.

harju

Jun 16, 2007
Still nothing from Antropov. Dont believe he's joining the team.

E: Yeah, not joining: http://yvision.kz/post/252700 Says that his knee isnt fully healed, and need atleast 10 days of full rest, but no chance on joining the team.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Plus possibly Antropov. Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if this team is relegated.
Actually, Kazakhstan is not team Barys. Only ~6-7 of the players are a part of the Barys main team, the rest of them are either playing in the Kazakhstani league (Barys 2, HC Astana) or in the Russian 2nd league, with a couple playing in other KHL clubs (according to eliteprospects).

If this was indeed team Barys, they wouldn't be where they are now (ranked 17th in the world or something).

So I'm not sure what exactly you meant by "yeah I wouldn't be surprised if this team is relegated".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad