WC: Roster Talk '12 — Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2006
Burrows 2010/2011 - 48 points
Bozak 2010/2011 - 32 points

Burrows 2011/2012 - 52 points
Bozak 2011/2012 - 47 points

One plays with the Sedins. One does not. But of course... Burrows has history and consistency of being so superior while playing with 2 of the best players in the league... how laughable. The guy is a rat who runs away and hides every time.

Bozak PP TOI/G: 2:47
Bozak SH TOI/G: 0:41

Burrows PP TOI/G: 2:02
Burrows SH TOI/G: 1:52

What a horrible comparison.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
Bozak is not good defensively like Burrows and he is not good offensively either. Don't see why Bozak would be better inclusion on the fourth line over Burrows.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Bozak PP TOI/G: 2:47
Bozak SH TOI/G: 0:41

Burrows PP TOI/G: 2:02
Burrows SH TOI/G: 1:52

What a horrible comparison.

I dont think Bozak is as good as Burrows

However, the TOI stats are misleading. Being the 1C (sad I know) Bozak didnt really play much PK because he already played heavy 5 on 5 and PP time. He didnt play any PK for about the first 20 - 25 games, and at the end of the season the same.

If he were a 2C or 3C (what he should be) his PK times would be much higher

Jeff Babchuk

Jan 15, 2010
within my bubble
With the name Subban on his jersey,
he'll be a popular player in Sweden (especially for non-NHL fans)...
And many Swedish speaking Finns will have a big smile on their faces too,
when they watch him play. :nod:

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I think Burrows was selected out of merit, but I should probably point he is only 1 of 2 French Canadian players on the roster.

Team Canada, after all, should represent Canada.

May 31, 2006
I'll just respond to this all at once because it's all just butt hurt canuck homers.

I never said Bozak should be chosen. I said if Burrows can't even produce more than Bozak, he shouldn't be chosen. Burrows scores points because he plays with the Sedin's... the fact that 90% of his points come shorthanded (after several people tried to point out he doesn't play with them on the PP) only further proves this. He is not great defensively... if he was great defensively... he is not bad but far from great... the fact that's he's ninth on the Canucks (5th for forwards) in PK time proves even his coach didn't think he was all that amazing considering 2 full lines of players were out there more often than him. So he doesn't score all that much, and he's not incredible defensively... he shouldn't have been chosen.

And that isn't even mentioning how much of a complete tool the guy is.

1. Burrows was actually 4th among forwards in PK TOI if you don't include Pahlsson, who played most of the season in Columbus. It's also misleading to say this considering he was 2nd in PK TOI among wingers who don't take faceoffs, so it's pointless to compare the two when at least one centre must be on the ice.

2. My original point was that Burrows was one of the best two-way wingers in the league, which you disagreed with. In 2009 he was 11th in Selke voting and 3rd among wingers. In 2010 he was 13th in Selke voting and 2nd among wingers. In 2011 he was 25th in Selke voting and 6th among wingers. If that's not an indication of "one of the best", then what is?

3. Ignoring the defensive aspects of the game, Burrows is a very good complementary offensive winger. He will never carry a line offensively, but he is very good with skilled forwards in reading the play, retrieving the puck, and finding open ice. Not to mention he scores big goals. With the other forwards on Team Canada, he will be a great fit on the team.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I expect to see him on a checking line with Ladd.

Though I would love to see him on a line with Perry.

Mojo Risin*

Hahahaha I was hoping the last few pages of this thread would be exactly like this when I came here. Thank you to everyone hating on Burrows. So sweet how everyone has to like him for a couple weeks.

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
1. Burrows was actually 4th among forwards in PK TOI if you don't include Pahlsson, who played most of the season in Columbus. It's also misleading to say this considering he was 2nd in PK TOI among wingers who don't take faceoffs, so it's pointless to compare the two when at least one centre must be on the ice.

2. My original point was that Burrows was one of the best two-way wingers in the league, which you disagreed with. In 2009 he was 11th in Selke voting and 3rd among wingers. In 2010 he was 13th in Selke voting and 2nd among wingers. In 2011 he was 25th in Selke voting and 6th among wingers. If that's not an indication of "one of the best", then what is?

3. Ignoring the defensive aspects of the game, Burrows is a very good complementary offensive winger. He will never carry a line offensively, but he is very good with skilled forwards in reading the play, retrieving the puck, and finding open ice. Not to mention he scores big goals. With the other forwards on Team Canada, he will be a great fit on the team.
1. Now THAT is cherry picking stats. I'm taking them off NHL.com... you're now claiming even though he's 5th he's really not because one of the better players wasn't always there and wingers are worth more anyways

2. Centers are more valuable than wingers... any center can play wing. Not any winger can play center....

3. He is not good enough to warrant an invite to Team Canada.

Not using "bias" to "cloud" your judgment? Clearly. As a Leaf fan, how would you even know how to define a good 2-way player? Ah - things make more sense now.

Ah yes.... because the Leaf fan has more bias than the Canuck fan when talking about a Canuck player.

Kickassguy

High-End Intangible
Sep 24, 2002
Vancouver + NYC
1. Now THAT is cherry picking stats. I'm taking them off NHL.com... you're now claiming even though he's 5th he's really not because one of the better players wasn't always there and wingers are worth more anyways

2. Centers are more valuable than wingers... any center can play wing. Not any winger can play center....

Ah yes.... because the Leaf fan has more bias than the Canuck fan when talking about a Canuck player.

Fine. Let's get back to the argument at hand. You still haven't posted Burrows' goal totals. Or exactly how far back his points/goal-scoring goes. Why? Because then your argument falls into an even deeper hole than in which it currently resides.

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
Fine. Let's get back to the argument at hand. You still haven't posted Burrows' goal totals. Or exactly how far back his points/goal-scoring goes. Why? Because then your argument falls into an even deeper hole than in which it currently resides.
No it really doesn't because the goal totals don't matter... it doesn't change the fact that he only scores goals or assists as shown because of the Sedin's. Secondly like I previously stated... if you have to go back 3 years to get to a time where he was better than Tyler Bozak then how in the hell should he be on Team Canada?

May 31, 2006

1. I wasn't cherry picking stats there, I was explaining the stats. Fact of the matter is he was 2nd in PK TOI among wingers. The team also fared much better shorthanded while he was on the ice than when he was off (source).

2. This is simply not true, as there are many centres who struggle when switched to the wing. You are also not addressing the fact that Burrows is one of the best two-way wingers in the league, which past Selke voting records indicate.

3. Yes, you have made your opinion very clear. Thankfully the people in charge disagree with you.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Are we seriously talking about bozak vs burrows.

Yes lets compare a 30 goal scorer who is clutch as hell, who is great defensively, kills penalties to Bozak lol?

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
25709.jpg

Haha amazing :laugh:

May 31, 2006
No it really doesn't because the goal totals don't matter... it doesn't change the fact that he only scores goals or assists as shown because of the Sedin's. Secondly like I previously stated... if you have to go back 3 years to get to a time where he was better than Tyler Bozak then how in the hell should he be on Team Canada?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Bozak play mostly with Kessel and Lupul? You are aware that Lupul and Kessel both outscored the Sedins, right?

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
That's surprising how low Burrows is on the PK time. He and Kesler are generally the first unit (unless they've just played a long shift or are in the box) and they usually get a second shift towards the end of a penalty. I'm pretty sure the low time just shows that Burrows and Kesler get the job done on the PK. Kesler's totals are likely higher because he gets extra shifts as a centerman, which occasionally gets him bogged in.

yapperface

Bo Knows
Jan 22, 2010
British Columbia
Bergeron, Toews, Maholtra, etc.

You're beyond ignorant. Malhotra hasn't been the same since his eye injury. Toews and Bergeron are elite defensive forwards and nobody is claiming Burrows is better than either.

Burrows is a versatile winger who can play his heart out up and down the line up. And no matter what haters on HF think, he's a stand-up character guy (much more so than Kesler and Lapierre.)

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
You're beyond ignorant. Malhotra hasn't been the same since his eye injury. Toews and Bergeron are elite defensive forwards and nobody is claiming Burrows is better than either.

Burrows is a versatile winger who can play his heart out up and down the line up. And no matter what haters on HF think, he's a stand-up character guy (much more so than Kesler and Lapierre.)

Not concerned with what HFer's think of Burrows... but I would be interested to hear what some of the opposing players who have played against him and his antics have to say about being on the same team.

I don't like it.

Not taking anything away talent wise from Burrows, but the guy is flat out a piece of **** on the ice and wouldn't surprise me if some players just straight up don't like the guy regardless how nice he is off the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad