WC: Roster Talk '11 – Germany

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I guess this is as his contract with Carolina just starts at the 1st of july and he's at the moment still getting money from the SC Bern. ;)

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
nothing to wonder about

Krupp goes to cologne, Lavallee goes to cologne (after he said yes to munich). No, I'm not saying this has nothing to do with each other :sarcasm:

God, I really hope me and you and a lot of other German hockey fans have to eat some crow regarding Lavallee, but I can't see him play at this level. :help:

And I am afraid he will see some significant ice time.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
I don't know if this is relevant, but Justin Kreuger signed with Carolina and will play in North America next season. I just noticed he's still listed with Bern here.

Players are always listed by the team they played for during the current season. Alexander Barta is also listed as playing for Hamburg, even though he won't be with the team next year. Same with Gogulla, who was listed as playing for Portland last year, even though he had already signed in Cologne.

As for Lavallee, he can't be worse than Bakos and Schmidt were at the Olympics ;)

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
As for Lavallee, he can't be worse than Bakos and Schmidt were at the Olympics ;)

excellent point! lavallee made the team so the fans have a scapegoat and the other players can focus on their game. krupp is smart!

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
What about Tom Kühnhackl now that Windsor is bounced from the OHL Playoffs. He's was leader scorer in the playoffs with 23 pts in 18 games...

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
What about Tom Kühnhackl now that Windsor is bounced from the OHL Playoffs. He's was leader scorer in the playoffs with 23 pts in 18 games...

I don't think he is an option. Krupp was reluctant to add some of the better players just because they had long runs in the DEL-Playoffs and missed the exhibition games and training camp. I don't think he will add a 19-year-old that has never played with this team before.

modano

Mar 29, 2010
I'm not sure. He was struggling playing even in the DEL in the 09-10 season. I don't think he is ready to play at this level at the moment.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Can you now see him to play at this level?! :sarcasm:

For one game, yes. :nod:

Hopefully he will keep this up. I was very happy with him. He played a very responsible game. I only noticed one or two little mistakes and lot of good defensive plays.
I'm gonna be much more relaxed in the games to come.

Good thing Krupp is the coach and not me. :D

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Hey, Germans, it's not fair!!! :laugh: No doubt you defeated us :biglaugh:

230495_1712356817914_1507963747_31417004_1762156_n.jpg

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
It's great to see that Germany is doing so well! I wish I could watch some of the games, but I'm in South Africa currently. The German's have many good, young players and in coming years could be full of NHLers. I'm thinking that within the next two years Holzer, Mueller, Krueger, Greiss and Endras will all be in the NHL with Kuehnhackl, Rieder, Noebels, Hofflin, Abeltshauser, Pielmeier, Flaake, Elsner and Grubauer (and more) as NHL prospects. Looks promising!

Like Brian Burke has said before, Germany is the next "Sweden" in terms of hockey production and development. Having a huge country like Germany join the big 7 is huge for the growth of the sport around the world.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
I think you are always way too optimistic about the chances of German players to make it to the NHL and German hockey in general smitty.

The only one right now who I think will make the NHL in the future without a doubt is Kühnhackl and maybe Krüger.

Holzer and Mueller need to have a great camp to make the Leafs. We'll see.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
The only one right now who I think will make the NHL in the future without a doubt is Kühnhackl and maybe Krüger.

krueger is great, but i wouldn't say he's a safe prospect. he has good tools, but sometimes it takes some luck to make the NHL. i hope he'll have some luck.
kühnhackl i agree. complete package.

i highly doubt marcel müller will make the NHL. he's too ordinary. players like him a dime a dozen in NA and he doesn't really standout.
holzer's chances are slightly better.

rieder and noebels are interesting. but that's about it at the moment. i don't see many germany making the NHL the next 4-5 years.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Haha nope I didn't write that.

Also I know I can be unreasonably optimistic, but I just really want to see hockey grow and I think Germany is really emerging and doing a good job of develoment.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Haha nope I didn't write that.

Also I know I can be unreasonably optimistic, but I just really want to see hockey grow and I think Germany is really emerging and doing a good job of develoment.

You may be a little too optimistic, but in a good way. ;)

I think there have been some improvements in the past that are paying off a little right now, but DEL, DEB and ESBG are already working hard to make sure it won't get any better any time soon.

There are certaine limits to the growth of hockey in Germany, unless you think real long term or if they just decided one day to ban football (soccer).
But even within those limits there is still room for more improvement. I just don't think the people in charge are willing or able to take the necessary steps.

Also basketball might become more popular soon with the involvement of Bayern München. Although the people in charge of basketball are just as logheaded as those in hockey and might squander that opportunity.

I'll better stop now before I get myself worked up over this again, and before this goes any more off topic. :laugh:

Puckslinger

Apr 10, 2011
The Island
I think you are always way too optimistic about the chances of German players to make it to the NHL and German hockey in general smitty.

Holzer and Mueller need to have a great camp to make the Leafs. We'll see.

It'll be interesting to see whether this generation produces a few more NHLers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad