WC: Roster Talk '11 – Austria

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
No Thomas Pock or Andre Lakos?

I'd expect to see Grabner there for sure and I'm thinking Vanek will be there after the first round of the playoffs. I wouldn't expect to see Nodl this year though.

IIHFjerseycollector

Feb 2, 2005
Sturgis SD
No Thomas Pock or Andre Lakos?

I'd expect to see Grabner there for sure and I'm thinking Vanek will be there after the first round of the playoffs. I wouldn't expect to see Nodl this year though.

from what ive read on another board Grabner might not be playing unless he can secure a new contract with the Islanders first ..

IIHFjerseycollector

Feb 2, 2005
Sturgis SD
From what I heard it's more a thing his gf just had a kid

im aware he had a kid.... from the international forumshttp://forums.internationalhockey.net/showpost.php?p=197951&postcount=108

"Little update on the player availability:

Michael Grabner's participation in the IHWC is really much in doubt. The reason is not however his newly born first kid but upcoming the contract negotiations of the RFA. His contract with the Islanders was just for this season and I guess he is not willing to jeopardize his market value by playing in Slovakia. So team AUT has to hope that the procedure is done soon."

Last edited:

IIHFjerseycollector

Feb 2, 2005
Sturgis SD
I read the Islanders want to get this done quickly, if that helps. But obviously that doesn't mean anything. I'm sure his new baby doesn't make the decision any easier.

well i guess it would be a good chance to bring his new baby home to his side of the family(if they live in Austria that is) too.. but thats more an assumption on my part..

Id love to see him play, he could steal a game!

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
as what I remember Grabs decision was to come after he got a baby, his manager said later (just a few days ago) he might not come because of his new contract...who knows?

but it would be really cool if he would come. even if he couldn`t do much because he`s the focus for every other defense he would create room for the other forwards (like Vanek a few years ago)

but the guy I really hope to make the team is Komarek, this kid has potential!

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
ouch, after Grabner also Brückler said he won`t come

he gets a new baby in September...so he can`t play in April?!?

so Pöck, Grabner, Brückler out...it seems to me that Vanek is the only guy with balls from our "superstars":shakehead

and with Divis, Starkbaum and Brückler out we have a hugh hole at the goaltending position...Division B here we come again

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Ouch, no Grabner, Pock or Bruckler? Any word on Lakos?

Ouch, Austria is in some trouble if they don't get Vanek and Nodl.

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
Ouch, no Grabner, Pock or Bruckler? Any word on Lakos?

Ouch, Austria is in some trouble if they don't get Vanek and Nodl.

in this minutes Lakos plays overtime in game7 in the austrian finals, he`ll go to Slovakia for sure

meh, Nödl would be hugh but he isn`t really a difference-maker. Vanek puts all the weight on his shoulders in such situations, which isn`t very productive since the austrian system isn`t built for guys like him

btw we are in trouble anyway, with or without them but the best players from our league still arrive...they know each other, they know how to play this situations so we`ll see

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
in this minutes Lakos plays overtime in game7 in the austrian finals, he`ll go to Slovakia for sure

meh, Nödl would be hugh but he isn`t really a difference-maker. Vanek puts all the weight on his shoulders in such situations, which isn`t very productive since the austrian system isn`t built for guys like him

btw we are in trouble anyway, with or without them but the best players from our league still arrive...they know each other, they know how to play this situations so we`ll see

Well if Austria had a lineup of:

Vanek-Nodl-Grabner

Lakos-Pock

Bruckler

They could really have a chance to be a spoiler. However all of these guys (minus Lakos) will be absent.

Austrian Devil

Here we go again
Mar 11, 2008
Graz, Austria
Our lack of a capable goalie more than the absence of anyone (which in the case of Lakos actually would be a good thing) will seal our fate to return to Division I.
Both Weinhandl and Penker played abysmal in the Euro Challenge.

Last edited:

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
first Komarek cut, now Ulmer...wtf is Gilligan thinking?!?

at least the game today wasn`t that bad, gives a little hope

ChrisObey

Oct 4, 2008
Austria
From Facebook:

Thomas Vanek (official)
Fyi: Thomas WILL JOIN the Austrian national Team for the World championships. However, he will only be able to come over at the beginning of next week - right on time for the game against Norway and the rest of the tournament!

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
TV is a warrior and not one to back down from the challenge to play for a shoddy Austrian team and help them stay in the A-Pool. Well done Thomas!

Our chances, while still slim, have increased.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
I hope beastmode Vanek shows up.

Anyboy wanna guess on the lines with/without Vanek?

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
Van is (still) the man!! this guy has nuts!

I hope beastmode Vanek shows up.

Anyboy wanna guess on the lines with/without Vanek?

Guess on Gilligans lines?!? no, I don`t dare but I hope he plays with Koch as his playmaker and Welser or Raffl as the defensive part of this line

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
It is pity, that Grabner couldnt come. Damn, even Slovaks, Czechs and Finns have not two 30+ goals scorers from NHL :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad