Roster Speculation Pt. 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Dude I’m 75% expecting him to just f***ing retire, doesn’t matter.
If we only dumped 4.5 of Mojo it's still fine. He wasn't worth that.

Maybe this is the pegula strategy. Save money by getting players who will quit, so they can show they made an effort while also not having to spend more

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
Yes!!!! We finally have a reliable #2 center!

oh wait, it isn’t 2008...

What an uninspiring move.

It's not sexy at all, but we got our 2C without letting go of #8, which this organization is in absolutely no position to do.

I was hoping they didn't go for the homerun in a trade and they didn't. Now draft Lundell and simmer him for a year.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Love the move.

Now hopefully the plan is Staal as 3C

Staal as a short-term 2C is just fine. He might not be what he once was.....but he's still just fine as a 2C. Might not be a high-end 2C, but he's a guy we can use to keep Cozens and Mitts developing. He's right about 50/50 at the dot. 14 of his 19 goals last year were 5-on-5 and 15 of 22 the year before. He'll center our PP2, which gets a nice boost in talent.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Staal as a short-term 2C is just fine. He might not be what he once was.....but he's still just fine as a 2C. Might not be a high-end 2C, but he's a guy we can use to keep Cozens and Mitts developing. He's right about 50/50 at the dot. 14 of his 19 goals last year were 5-on-5 and 15 of 22 the year before. He'll center our PP2, which gets a nice boost in talent.
Doesn’t need to be an elite 2C either since we have Eichel. Could also see RK putting Staal on PP1, but maybe there are more moves to come .

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I think there's another move for a center coming.
I want Stepan as 3c. I don't know if financially it works but it would really set us up nicely down the middle short-term. Then you can play youngsters at wing, Mittelstadt, Cozens, Kahun ( Not experienced at center) and Thompson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad