Roster Speculation Pt. 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
What would the ask on Ristolainen be?
Laughton+2nd is a good guess but would feel pretty pointless since that makes our d really soft with the exception of Dahlin.

I'd probably prefer to add something to Ristolainen and get your first this year. Any interest in Mojo? He's decent but Sabres can't afford him.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Laughton+2nd is a good guess but would feel pretty pointless since that makes our d really soft with the exception of Dahlin.

I'd probably prefer to add something to Ristolainen and get your first this year. Any interest in Mojo? He's decent but Sabres can't afford him.
Borgen should take a place in the third pair in the current situation and we still need one LD, maybe he will also be physical.

I don't see how we can afford to keep Risto, Montour and Miller and at the same time boost the attack and keep the cap around 70 million, two of these three should leave.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
What would the ask on Ristolainen be?

It will vary depending on who you ask. To me I’d do something like Sanheim for Risto, or Patrick + Sanheim + conditional pick (the condition is Patrick plays next year for more than 10-15 games) for Risto + Mitts. It might seem “unfair” but you’ll get two people who will play at some professional level vs. One who will and one who is a question mark, hence the conditional pick added.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Who would be the leagues forward equivalent of risto ?

Kadri??! damn should've traded for him am i right

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Who would be the leagues forward equivalent of risto ?

Kadri??! damn should've traded for him am i right

Lucic.

edit: Low IQ hockey player, whose style of play has expired in this league. Is only useful when the rest of the player(s) on the ice are competent.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Lucic.

edit: Low IQ hockey player, whose style of play has expired in this league. Is only useful when the rest of the player(s) on the ice are competent.

Except for how Risto is undeniably productive and Lucic is only still in the league because he sometimes hits.
Over the last 5 seasons, Risto is a top 20 point-getter among D, and he's consistently good for 40+ points every year.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Except for how Risto is undeniably productive and Lucic is only still in the league because he sometimes hits.
Over the last 5 seasons, Risto is a top 20 point-getter among D, and he's consistently good for 40+ points every year.

Lucic was a fairly productive player for years as well.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
As much as we dumped on Sobotka, we played great at the beginning of the season prior to his injury. He played a solid shutdown role and had our best faceoff winning percentage. We are terrible from the dot and it must be addressed with the new 2C. Eichel needs to improve big time as well, apparently possession is important in the NHL.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
As much as we dumped on Sobotka, we played great at the beginning of the season prior to his injury. He played a solid shutdown role and had our best faceoff winning percentage. We are terrible from the dot and it must be addressed with the new 2C. Eichel needs to improve big time as well, apparently possession is important in the NHL.

Is he going to get off the ice as soon as he wins the draw...? Because that is the ONLY thing he does at an NHL level.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
So, I've built out a more "budget" friendly version of the team.

Seeing as the Kuemper rumors are pretty strong as this point, I'm not going after Raanta at all.

However, Stepan is only due 2M on a 6.25M cap hit. Flipping Johanssen for Stepan (and retaining 2M salary) would essentially be a break even cash wise but adding ~4.25M in cap space.

My other C target is Tierney. Fast C that can PK and handles 58% D-zone deployment. Montour for Tierney seems to make a good bit of sense as Ottawa could use a veteran RHD to lighten the load on Brannstrom.

I'm also flipping Colin Miller to Winnipeg for a 2nd round pick. We're taking an immediate loss here, but it's about clearing cap space/salary

In goal, I'm sending Hutton to the minors or flipping him for next to nothing. Buyouts don't save much.

I'm either waiting out the goalie carousel to see who is left standing and offering them a 1 or 2 year deal or working out a trade similar to the Allen to Montreal deal. Ullmark gets a 3 year, 8-9M deal.

That leaves: RW and LHD as spots to fill. I'd like to add one RW. UFAs I like are Craig Smith, Josh Leivo, and Jesper Fast. I think Fast will have a ton of suitors. Leivo is coming off of injury season and might be had cheaply. Smith you could probably do cheap-ish as well.

As far as LD, I'm pretty open to options here.

Going into the season:

Olofsson-Eichel-Reinhart
Skinner-Stepan-Cozens/Thompson (camp battle)
Kahun-Tierney-UFA RW
Asplund/Ruotsalainen-Okposo

Dahlin-Risto
XXXX-Joker
McCabe-Borgen

Ullmark
XXXXX

That's a 75M-ish cap hit team with 2M of "no cash" cap space in the Stepan contract.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Joe thorton and Ralph Krueger are very very close Apparently..

Not good news lol

"Hey Joe, Ralph here"
"Hey Ralph, how are things"
"Great. Let me cut to the chase. I know you are getting up in years and your chances at winning a cup are dwindling"
"....And?"
"Well, you know how in California you have great weather but high taxes?"
"Ha, yeah"
"How would you like to just have high taxes"
"What? No thanks"
"Oh and no chance at winning a cup. Maybe the playoffs. If you have a great year"
"To be honest Ralph, this sounds awful, I gotta go"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad