Speculation: Roster Speculation 2014-2015, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Quick question, Sabres fans! Has Ristolainen made the team? I have him in my keeper pool. :)

Good luck this year!

Yes, and he'll likely play a top 4 role with both PP and PK time, though I wouldn't expect him to be a big point producer this year.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres Coach Ted Nolan: New year, new leadership, new approach, a fresh start for everyone.

Nolan says another maintenance day for McCabe. He's still with team for now. Decisions need to be made on roster overall. #Sabres

Nolan: I think we have a team of high-character guys. Now we just have to compete. #Sabres

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
didnt see this....

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl · 58 mins58 minutes ago

Jake McCabe's makeshift locker stall is gone. If he is too, Sabres are down to NHL limit of 23 players. Ted Nolan talking soon.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
Wasn't sure where to put this...
U7jZaho.jpg

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
didnt see this....

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl · 58 mins58 minutes ago

Jake McCabe's makeshift locker stall is gone. If he is too, Sabres are down to NHL limit of 23 players. Ted Nolan talking soon.

so this is the final roster (for now)?

Moulson-Ennis-Stafford
Hodgson-Reinhart-Gionta
Foligno-Girgensons-Stewart
Mitchell-McCormick-Flynn
x Deslauriers

Gorges-Myers
Meszaros-Ristolainen
Weber-Pysyk
x Benoit, Strachan

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
so this is the final roster (for now)?

Moulson-Ennis-Stafford
Hodgson-Reinhart-Gionta
Foligno-Girgensons-Stewart
Mitchell-McCormick-Flynn
x Deslauriers

Gorges-Myers
Meszaros-Ristolainen
Weber-Pysyk
x Benoit, Strachan

Zadorov instead of Pysyk on the defense. Looks like Pysyk, Kaleta, and McCabe on IR to start.

I know Meszaros was skating on the right side with Benoit yesterday, so maybe a Risto-Zadorov pairing could be in the works at some point? I'd be pretty excited to see that.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Zadorov instead of Pysyk on the defense. Looks like Pysyk, Kaleta, and McCabe on IR to start.

I know Meszaros was skating on the right side with Benoit yesterday, so maybe a Risto-Zadorov pairing could be in the works at some point? I'd be pretty excited to see that.

id rather see them paired with a vet

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Safe to say that Zadorov will be given another tryout based on the McCabe locker removal and the injury to Pysyk - though with both Strachan and Benoit here, they could've sent NZ down and been fine body-wise... So he seemingly earned it without the Pysyk injury, even though that helps.

Cool. Let's see where this goes.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@pham1717: Irbe out early with the goalies, Trottier out early with two PP units, #1 26 63 21 57 55. #2 19 80 12 61 41.

Interesting that Zads is on one of the PP units but Reinhart is not. Zads push to make the team seems a little under the radar with our focus on Reinhart and Grigs.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
@pham1717: Irbe out early with the goalies, Trottier out early with two PP units, #1 26 63 21 57 55. #2 19 80 12 61 41.

Interesting that Zads is on one of the PP units but Reinhart is not.

Forward versus defenseman, not really a parallel there other than the nine game tryout. But I would have liked to see Reinhart on one of the units... They're going to ease him in. Like I said, I don't think he is ready to PLAY and play a big monster role, all three phases and non sheltered minutes just yet... But he IS ready to be here and get eased into the process, since there are things that normal youngsters need years to work on mentally that he's already good at or has a grasp of.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Interesting that Zads is on one of the PP units but Reinhart is not. Zads push to make the team seems a little under the radar with our focus on Reinhart and Grigs.

I think that's Benoit(#61), Zads is #51.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Quick question, Sabres fans! Has Ristolainen made the team? I have him in my keeper pool. :)

Good luck this year!
Yeah, Ristolainen's made the roster and should push for second-pair minutes. He'll likely be paired with a vet come Thursday and practiced with the PP1 unit today.

I think it's too early in the cards for the Zadorov-Ristolainen pairing, as all signs from training camp and preseason indicate a veteran partner for both, and like Jame, I'd prefer it that way right now.

Safe to say that Zadorov will be given another tryout based on the McCabe locker removal and the injury to Pysyk - though with both Strachan and Benoit here, they could've sent NZ down and been fine body-wise... So he seemingly earned it without the Pysyk injury, even though that helps.

Cool. Let's see where this goes.
I thought McCabe needing another maintenance day was the latest word, while the locker thing came earlier in the day. I also didn't see/hear their plan for Zadorov addressed today either, so idk if they're penciling him over a vet or what.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

More than likely this is a product of the lack of puck-moving d-men on the squad.

Though, I find it a bit odd they are going Myers-Risto (both righties) and Mezaros-Zads (both lefties).

Weber and Gorges aren't exactly big point producers.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
#61 is definitely Benoit, so that's still two lefties on that PP2 unit with #41 Meszaros also there. Zadorov's wearing #51 nowadays.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
GIONTA HONORED TO BE NAMED CAPTAIN
Nolan feels good about Enroth as opening night starter

Sabres in :90 (10/7/14)

[NHL]637828[/NHL]

TUESDAY’S PRACTICE ROSTER

26 Matt Moulson – 63 Tyler Ennis – 21 Drew Stafford
82 Marcus Foligno – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 80 Chris Stewart
19 Cody Hodgson – 23 Sam Reinhart – 12 Brian Gionta