Roster Speculation 15-16, Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Based on the Gorges article in the Gazette today, seems like he should be a full go come camp. Good stuff.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I still have a feeling Murray does something for another LHD, Ottawa (Wiercioch) or Dallas (Oleksiak). If Buffalo was willing to take on Greening they could possibly get Wiercioch at a discount, especially if they managed to get a guy like Ehrhoff or trade for Hamhuis/Edler.

Wiercioch-Ristolainen
Colaiacovo-Bogosian
Gorges-Pysyk
Weber-Ruhwedel
---------------------
-

That looks terrible. Wiercioch being on the top pairing is pathetic. Oleksiak has limited upside at this point. This isn't what I want to see happen. If they're going to go young, trade more to get quality.

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
That looks terrible. Wiercioch being on the top pairing is pathetic. Oleksiak has limited upside at this point. This isn't what I want to see happen. If they're going to go young, trade more to get quality.

It's a hell of a lot better than having Colaiacovo on the top pairing...

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Saw Coliavaco at the golf course today, guy is in ridiculously good shape. I think he is training in that crew out of Toronto.

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver

gorgo.jpg

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
Took me a while to figure out what is going on in your avatar, then I saw your username :laugh:

I haven't played that game in 20 years. Kinda surprising I still remember it.

Because it's a classic! Glad it's recognizable.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
First nugget of the year.... ha.

However, approximately two weeks ago, a rumour made the rounds that there were trade talks involving Stamkos before the draft. (His no-move clause kicked-in days later.) The best intel I could gather is that it didn’t get close. Some sources indicate teams called Yzerman to ask. Others say the Lightning wanted to check the market in case they eventually had to do something. A few suspected Buffalo, because Sabres GM Tim Murray is unafraid to take bold steps. (Via text, Murray declined to answer and another source claimed it never really went anywhere.) The info is out there, but it’s very hard to pin down.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/lightning-preparing-for-all-stamkos-possibilities/

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
"declined to answer" will be a fun nugget if free agency approaches

It sure would be exciting to be used as contract leverage against Toronto again.

I'm sure LeBrun and Bobby Mac would have their "Sources indicate BUF is offering most $$. TOR also a finalist..." tweets ready to go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad