GDT: Roster Building XVIII: Trade Deadline Week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
We have a shiny new 6th rounder and are all in mourning over an almost Pettersson deal. Now, will we get the Guentzel, or fall drunk into the Guetter? Tune in to find out.
I think a team like Vegas is more desperate to get Guentzel don’t see us getting in that bidding war

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Here is my concern with the whole EP deal. Is/will Rutherford try to string along the Canes saying if they can’t get the deal done with EP we will trade him to you for the agreed upon price? And would Waddell play such a game unless there was a hard deadline like 5 March

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Here is my concern with the whole EP deal. Is/will Rutherford try to string along the Canes saying if they can’t get the deal done with EP we will trade him to you for the agreed upon price? And would Waddell play such a game unless there was a hard deadline like 5 March
A lot of Canucks fans seem to think it was simply JR's way to get Petey to the table on his timeline.

Reactions: ndp and AD Skinner

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
A lot of Canucks fans seem to think it was simply JR's way to get Petey to the table on his timeline.
I agree with them. JR doesn't want to trade EP40, but he was willing to if push came to shove.

Just like Aho didn't want to play for MTL, but he was willing to if push came to shove.

They are using the negotiating tools at their disposal.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
I'm ready to be hurt again.
I'm expecting us to pull something unexpected. Soon. Maybe not at the TDL, but probably before FA opens in the offseason.

It appears we were the aggressors on EP and contacted Vancouver on him after identifying the opportunity. I doubt if we're doing that, we didn't have targets #2, #3, and maybe #4 in mind.

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
or per SN mock trade (LOL) Buchnevich for Necas, Blake and 2024 1st and Philly's 2nd
yeah i saw , we better not , i feel Necas alone is enough , remember whoever we get will see his production reduced in our system of play , Waddel should have gotten Kessels . he was free. the only one that makes sense to me is Tarasenko , he wouldnt cost much , 1st round? Nadeau? too late for Suzuki , we waited to long , hes worth nothing now

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

Buchnevich for Necas + Blake + 1st + 2nd

Easy enough to see they have no clue about the Hurricanes.

Zucker is a future 3rd or meh prospect trade not Kakko. These trades are intentionally bad to create views and comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad