Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Does the cap go up this summer?
1712869955376.png

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Honestly, IMO, he’s played the best of three of them since they’ve been united. I have no idea what the numbers or fancy stats say, but my eye test has him the most active in creating plays
I agree, but I think part of it is he plays with pure energy and effort, which is more noticeable to fans, where-as Guentzel and Aho are more cerebral and make some of these plays look easy so it doesn't always stand out as much. Guentzel especially in his passing and setting up plays.

Kind of like how people have commented on Necas is on the upswing and TT is on the down swing (offensively speaking), but they have almost identical numbers. Necas, because of his speed and "wow" factor stands out. TT's more east-west, methodical, thinking game goes more unnoticed.

BadgerCane58

Jul 10, 2023
I agree with the above comment. GET JAKE G. signed. DW should pull a Vegas-Hanifin,(A creative contract). Get it done before the season ends. Don’t even let him think about going somewhere else. It’s looking like he already has built friendships here. It looks like he’s loving his line mates He’s got a great coach, great fans, and a cup contending team for quite a few years ahead. Give him the $$$$ 8x9.5 minimum.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
If Tuevo would take nearly the same deal maybe with a bit of a raise, I'd take that in a heart beat....I just think he's likely worth more to a few other teams.
I wouldn't keep TT past 5 years though, feels like his game is going to fall off hard.

I agree with the above comment. GET JAKE G. signed. DW should pull a Vegas-Hanifin,(A creative contract). Get it done before the season ends. Don’t even let him think about going somewhere else. It’s looking like he already has built friendships here. It looks like he’s loving his line mates He’s got a great coach, great fans, and a cup contending team for quite a few years ahead. Give him the $$$$ 8x9.5 minimum.
That's what I said, put big bonuses for the first 6 years and nmc, the low pay and limited ntc for the last 2

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Morrow and 1 Forward on ELC will free up a lot of cap space for Guentzel
I think the cheap players are more likely to be buy-low veterans like Kapanen than young ELC players unless one successfully forces his way into a lineup, like Jarvis did. Outside of maybe Morrow, I don't really think our young players are quite ready yet for prime-time.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I think the cheap players are more likely to be buy-low veterans like Kapanen than young ELC players unless one successfully forces his way into a lineup, like Jarvis did. Outside of maybe Morrow, I don't really think our young players are quite ready yet for prime-time.
I could see FUS making a push next year. Seemed like he was close to making it this year and probably would have seen a few callups had we had an AHL squad

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Man how far Kapanen has fallen...from a solid 40pt guy to like 20pt guy @ $3M+. As soon as he moved away from being a complimentary guy to "elite" players I guess he struggles

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad