Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXVII: It's the Final Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Miller isn't going to save our season. Don't care what he does - either go sign go AHL or stay at Wisconsin, but rushing him up here to try to help the Rangers win a playoff spot would be crazy.

He won't help this team at this point in his career. He should finish his year and start in the AHL next year.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
2017 scouting report from hockeyprospect black book, which I really do recommend. Think I was able to get all the old ones and the 2021 one when it comes out for 50 bucks or something. Ed: it was $80 lol

Khodorenko is another player who escalated his schooling to enter Michigan State in his Draft year. Khodorenko is a late 98 Birthdate who spent that last two seasons with the USNTDP. Khodorenko had a pretty productive freshman season for Michigan St. considering the team’s struggles and playing much of the season as the 3rd line centre, scoring 7 goals and 11 assists in 35 games.

Patrick is a big body. He can bull his way through checks when he keeps his feet moving and plays with a purpose, he just doesn’t bring that style of play all the time. Khodorenko displays a good amount of puck skills and can make things happen in the offensive end; however, he needs to develop more of a willingness to go work for the puck. In our viewings, he doesn’t engage in enough battles and the ones he does, he doesn’t show enough effort and plays smaller than his size. Patrick has good creativity with the puck, he likes to use his hands to draw defenders to him then feed the puck to the open areas. While Khodorenko wouldn’t be described as an explosive skater, he has good straight line speed and above average footwork. In order for Khodorenko to get the most out of his game going forward he is going to have to show a better work ethic and be harder to play against. When he does these things, he can really be difficult to handle in the offensive zone. While we don’t see Khodorenko’ s ceiling much higher than a 3rd line centre who can provide help on special teams, if he develops his board play and learns to use his physical tools to his advantage, Patrick could develop into an NHL player.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Free lotto ticket. Cant hurt especially with the number of open contract slots they have/are going to have in the offseason.

Can also help Hartford now. Would assume he signs an PTO and his contract will start next season.

I wouldn’t assume any NCAA UDFA is starting on an ATO (not PTO)... especially if they’re sought after. We’ll see, but I won’t be shocked if this comes with a burnt year. I won’t be shocked if it is an ATO either.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
@ManUtdTobbe is pretty high on Khodorenko

"Extremely hyped for us signing Khodorenko, should have been drafted easily 2017, 2018 and 2019... was one of my mid/late round targets 2017 and 2018."

Reactions: egelband

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I’d imagine they would have Khodorenko sign an ELC and burn a year

Regardless of whether he signs today, or in the summer, he’d be on an ELC for 2 years

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I’d imagine they would have Khodorenko sign an ELC and burn a year

Regardless of whether he signs today, or in the summer, he’d be on an ELC for 2 years

The difference would be that if he burned a year by signing the ELC now, he'll be an RFA next summer VS the summer after. Dont think the Rangers would care.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad