Salary Cap: Roster-Building thread XXXI: Trading for Lupus? Not a typo Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
There were 6 fs drafted after BB. Sheahan, Kevin Hayes, Kuznetsov, Coyle, Etem and Brock Nelson. You can take your pick of which are better than BB. I would have any one on my team over BB.

To get a top 6 F for next year, JR has to pull a GOGO for Neal or Whitney for Kunitz deal. However, he has limited assets to do this. IMO, its going to take giving up either Maata or Pouliett to do it.

Drafting both BB and Joe Morrow instead of Saad are reasons Shero is gone.

Point per game

Bennett .41
Kuznetsov .43
Sheahan .50
Hayes .48
Coyle .41
Etem .29
Nelson .46

They're all producing at a similar pace at this point in their careers. Hayes & Sheahan stick out the most but they also have been healthy & play larger roles on their teams.

Then of course there is Etem who is pretty much never going to be more than a 3rd line player.

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
If all it takes to get Kassian is Dumo, I'll be the first one to pack his bags. Sutter for Petry makes me a bit apprehensive but I'd do it. As for assets left, Harry, Sundquist and KK is about all we got left in the cupboard. That worries me a bit. We desperately need some talented prospects to build around. Makes me wish we would have just packed it in and sold Nisky last deadline :(

I'd rather see them just wait to trade Kunitz and Sutter in the offseason.

Sure, you could probably get a lot more for them now, but unless the return is too good to pass up, I think I'd rather wait until the offseason. I'd be fine with trading both of them for just draft picks to be honest.

It's a shame Anaheim has Rakell, because I'd be absolutely fine with trading Kunitz and Sutter to Anaheim for Palmieri and a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
One of the french papers here speculates the Habs may be prepared to trade Michael McCarron for more immediate scoring help.

I thought he might bust, but McCarron has had a strong OHL season in London this season.

I don't know, I'd be interested in a big bodied winger with some power forward upside.

redsono93

Jun 29, 2009
New Jersey
But wouldn't a goo RW to play with Malkin look even better? Trade Sutter+
Perron - Crosby - Hornqvist
Kunitz - Malkin - New guy...let's call him Jesus
Comeau - Spaling - Bennett
Winnik - Lapierre - Downie

I would like to know what Buffalo would want for Stewart. I have a feeling he'd be motivated playing RW on Malkin's line. How could he not be motivated playing with one of the best centers in the league and on a playoff bound team. He's a high risk/high reward that I feel we should gamble on. I hope we sign Stewart and Petry come deadline. A man can dream:)

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Speaking of which, are there any names circulating around the league as potentially fitting that 2nd like RW criteria? What's the rumor mill saying these days?

IDK, but I'm sure JR will just get us a D and that's a bad idea. I just don't trust Kunitz-Malkin-Comeau more than I trust Pouliot. And that's a question JR has already answered I guess...
Maybe JR decide to trade Sutter + Bennett for top-6 ? Which is close to impossible

Perron-Crosby-Horny
Kunitz-Malkin-XXXX
Winnik-Spaling-Comeau
Farnham-Lapierre-Downie
Adams

Martin-Letang
Erhroff-Despres
Scuderi-Pouliot
But not gonna happen.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Just now on "That's Hockey" on TSN, LeBrun said that he spoke to several GMs around the league and they were shocked when they heard how much the Pens paid for Winnik. it was way too high for a rental player like him. As a result, it pushed up Dave Tallon's price to acquire Jagr.

GMJR, seriously, WTF?

That sounds like the sort of things certain GMs would say to let certain other GMs know they think prices are too high regardless of whether or not they're fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad