Salary Cap: Roster-Building thread XXX: The NSFW edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
The more I think a about it, the more I think Farnham-Lapierre-Downie can be one of the best fourth line in the league. Just lots of trolls on this line, others teams will commit suicide/get crazy when they start their trolling. Plus, Farnham and Downie are capable of keeping the puck alive in the off-zone.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
He seems a little more plugged in than most.

But he's prone to simply going where the wind blows him. And seems like a bit of a ****** about it, at times.

Especially not to be trusted, IMO, now that he relies on clicks to pay his mortgage.

The fact that he didn't report rumors this year even if he now counts on clicks/sales make him a more legit sources. + he got that exclusive interview on a table with Mario Lemieux, Burkle and Morehouse when Shero got fired. And he was the first one to report that Shero was going to get fired. He also always acted like an independant writer on triblive, If I remember well, he had his own section on their website with his own opinion, rumors. Nothing to do with the two other clowns (Yohe and Rossi)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
The more I think a about it, the more I think Farnham-Lapierre-Downie can be one of the best fourth line in the league. Just lots of trolls on this line, others teams will commit suicide/get crazy when they start their trolling. Plus, Farnham and Downie are capable of keeping the puck alive in the off-zone.

Agreed. I was all for the Lapierre trade when it happened, and I think Farnham should be a fixture in the lineup over Sill and Adams every single day of the week. I also think Downie could be extremely effective on that line, especially if he keeps his head on straight and plays with an edge--but doesn't cross it. That could be a very good line come playoff time.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The fact that he didn't report rumors this year even if he now counts on clicks/sales make him a more legit sources. + he got that exclusive interview on a table with Mario Lemieux, Burkle and Morehouse when Shero got fired. And he was the first one to report that Shero was going to get fired. He also always acted like an independant writer on triblive, If I remember well, he had his own section on their website with his own opinion, rumors. Nothing to do with the two other clowns (Yohe and Rossi)

Isn't DK one of the strongest voices in the "Crosby does whatever Crosby wants" crowd?

DK isn't above rumor mongering.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
I don't trust any of Yohe or Rossis rumors. Those guys have about the same forecast accuracy as Eklund. Lots of misses..

Saints11

Jan 24, 2012
Pittsburgh

Farnham is a career minor leaguer for a reason, he is not that good. Known primarily as an agitator and disrupter in the minors, small and adds very little. He is a smallish version of Sill. Scott Wilson is an upgrade. I wouldn't expect Downie to be here after the TDL, let alone next year.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I feel better now.

I really think all these big trade rumors, and possible Staal trade talk is a bunch of BS, maybe the pens think this stuff will motivate the pens.

I think your going to see JR do what hes been planning on doing all along, trade for a rental def or forward, or maybe both.

This is hardly reassuring, but I think I generally agree with you.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Farnham is a career minor leaguer for a reason, he is not that good. Known primarily as an agitator and disrupter in the minors, small and adds very little. He is a smallish version of Sill. Scott Wilson is an upgrade. I wouldn't expect Downie to be here after the TDL, let alone next year.

He looked to me like a career fourth-liner on the ice. I don't see why a player like Farnham who keeps causing trouble in the off-zone by his "I dont give a **** about whats going to happen to me" forecheck isn't a career fourth-liner. In fact, I think Farnham can be a fourth-liner on another team because here, we like Adams and good guys like Sill who happens to have an NHL job because he talks alot.

penguins2946*

If nothing else, the Staal rumors should probably light a fire under the ass of Sutter. And what Ward said did not invalidate anything that Yohe said either. Ward really has no way of knowing if the Pens are interested in Staal or not from talking to the Canes.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
This post has been copied for a half an hour or so haha.

With both Yohe and Molinari leaking some info about the rumor? This is some House of Cards meets Any Given Sunday **** right here.

If we're looking for an impact third line center (which is what we all wanted Sutter to be, because that's what Jordan Staal was), then who, aside from Shawn Matthias, could we add at the deadline?

Sorry for the delayed response ...

The Pens are rather notorious spin doctors. It would not surprise me if they're using the media to send a message to Sutter, or generate interest in a trade, or working the fanbase, or all of the above.

Who's available other than Matthias? I don't know. Berglund has been rumored to be available, but I don't know if we make good trade partners with the Blues. My point was more that we might have what we're looking for already in the system in Sundqvist, who at $925K would also be very cap friendly.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
DK's fallen off a lot in the last year or so. As soon as he went solo, all he posts about is his new site, and his opinion flip-flops based on whatever he think will rile up the masses into visiting his site. There's no real rhyme or reason to his articles anymore. One day it's "The sky is falling, nothing's changed, it's still Shero/Bylsma!" and the next it's "Relax, you idiot fans. You don't know ****, everything's perfectly fine!"

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I thought that was only his opinion about Crosby ... Was it reported like a lockeroom fact/rumors (Cuz I hate those, no one can talk about lockerroom things cuz they arent there) I don't think so.

DK said:
I don’t care who this ticks off, either: The differences between how the coaching staff feels about Chris Kunitz’s play and how Sidney Crosby feels about it could not be more extreme. It’s easy to see who’s winning that one.

Same applies to the power play. More than you might think. Frighteningly so.

Coaches need to coach, and players need to play. Superstars, too.

As for Farnham... he might be kind of raw in some aspects but he's a better option than both Sill and Adams. Or at least he should be up rotating in and out of the lineup along with one of those two... if they must keep them both.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
Our top 9 looks infinitely better with Staal.

Perron - Crosby - Hornqvist
Kunitz - Malkin - Comeau
Downie - Staal - Bennett

Michael8771*

Our top 9 looks infinitely better with Staal.

Perron - Crosby - Hornqvist
Kunitz - Malkin - Comeau
Downie - Staal - Bennett
TBH I think BB would likely be a player the Canes would target. A young up and coming player and prospects are what they'd want besides Sutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad