Salary Cap: Roster-Building thread XXX: The NSFW edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Bolded: No, I literally never said that. Reading comprehension goes a long way.
Underlined: I never said that wasn't the case, I was talking about the idea that Kunitz brings the same that Lupul does, which simply isn't true.

"If you ignore his health" = So we're back to fantasy land here.<--That at the end is a period.

You go on all through your post about the regular season and how his (Lupul) 50 games is better than Kunitz's 82 = I'm sure glad the Pens get to pick when he gets hurt.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
y'all bein shortsighted with Lupul.

50 games of Lupes means 32 games of Bennett with Malkin!

Or they trade for Lupul and put him on Sutter's other wing.

That seems more likely than Bennett playing with Malkin for more than a few shifts at a time.

Michael8771*

Has there been any credible rumors suggesting that we'd part with Sutter or Kunitz? Because in order to gain the cap room necessary, at least one of these guys has to go.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Has there been any credible rumors suggesting that we'd part with Sutter or Kunitz? Because in order to gain the cap room necessary, at least one of these guys has to go.

The only for sure thing is the Pens were in on Franson and money would've had to come off the roster. Was probably Kunitz or Sutter or Spaling.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Or they trade for Lupul and put him on Sutter's other wing.

That seems more likely than Bennett playing with Malkin for more than a few shifts at a time.

Perron - Crosby - Hornqvist
Sill - Malkin - Comeau
Spaling - Sutter - Lupul
Adams - Lapierre - Bennett

#Balance

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

I really have a tough time believing a roomful of adults with working brains that have spent their whole lives in and around the game can't see that Kunitz is running on fumes, right now. But then again... this team.

I've maintained from the start that Sutter isn't in play. You'd think he'd be in the same boat as Kunitz, rightfully. But I just don't get that feeling. Although all the false Staal rumors were interesting regarding Sutter if you take them in context as message sending. Which makes some sense. So you never know, I guess.

Perron - Crosby - Hornqvist
Sill - Malkin - Comeau
Spaling - Sutter - Lupul
Adams - Lapierre - Bennett

#Balance

Now THERE is a championship lineup!

And Sill has chemistry with Geno, now, too!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
http://www.tsn.ca/video/insider-trading-defencmen-in-demand-1.215283

Latest IT:

-Hawks in on Sekera
-Z.Michaluk has been out with a concussion so he may come cheaper(conditional pick)
-Habs aren't in on Lupul they say
-Habs looking for a D and another F
-Kings want a D still
ROR unlikely to be dealt before TDL

I hope stuff goes down real
qqHN7Sx.jpg

Because this waiting for all hell to break loose is boring.

Michael8771*

No one has given (to this point) a conclusive answer. And I myself should know this but don't. But can a team retain salary for this season and not the remaining years?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
No one has given (to this point) a conclusive answer. And I myself should know this but don't. But can a team retain salary for this season and not the remaining years?

I don't think you can. Not from what I have read, it always has entire contracts and you can only have 3 of these per team.

I think there's a good reason as to why as well, people would abuse it if you can only eat up to 50% for a few years rather than the entire contract.

It's very much like the re-entry waivers crap.

roquay

Aug 9, 2012
Victoria
I don't think you can. Not from what I have read, it always has entire contracts and you can only have 3 of these per team.

Last year Toronto did have 3 they were retaining I don't know if any have come off yet. It was Scrivens, Frattin and somebody else. So maybe they can't retain any salary or want to save it if they only have 1.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I have the new thread ready to roll put i want you guys to come up with a snazzy title:

Roster-Building thread XXXI: The Packing Kunitz's Bags Edition ?

Seems a lot of buyers on D. Really wish Maatta was around, selling Martin would be quite fruitful.

Yes indeed.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
I'm pretty skeptical of acquiring Lupul given his injury history/age but I at least understand the reasoning behind wanting him. He is an impact player when he's in the lineup. To me the bigger head-scratcher is why anyone wants Bozak. I keep seeing his name mentioned and I'm not sure what exactly he brings to the table that this team needs. Might as well just keep the younger, cheaper Sutter.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

I think there's a good reason as to why as well, people would abuse it if you can only eat up to 50% for a few years rather than the entire contract.

It's very much like the re-entry waivers crap.

3 per team, but the retention amounts cannot exceed 15% of the cap.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I bet if Kunitz went the other way, everyone would get over their problems with Lupul right quick.

the only concern I have is healthy. But I don't know **** about his chance of future injuries as I don't follow him nor am I a doctor. If he is playing, he'd be great here even at that price.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

From the CBA:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/CBA2012/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf

For the remaining term of Traded Player's SPC, the Club from
which the Player is Traded may agree to retain no more than fifty
(50) percent of the Averaged Amount of such SPC's remaining
term ("Retained Salary Transaction" and the particular SPC, a
"Retained Salary SPC"). In each Retained Salary Transaction, the
percentage allocation of the retained Averaged Amount cannot be
altered from year to year.

Since it says "remaining term", I believe you cannot only do 1 year of salary retention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad