Speculation: Roster Building Thread XLIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraAlphanse

Claude isn't getting fired. And Hitch is more than likely not getting fired.

I think several TSN guys had hottest seat poll last year and Julien was voted the most likely to get the axe first. Lame duck coach to a new GM. I imagine if they start off the way many thought they would this year, he's in the same boat next year.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
If AV were to be fired, I would want a younger coach, who uses analytics and resources to their advantage and make decisions based off them.

Last edited:

BarbaraAlphanse

If they get Stamkos but him with Nash and they are already a bubble team. Plus Babcock loves Nasher.

I thought about it. That's a good fit for Toronto but not sure what they could offer us. They have the Pitt 1st. Not sure that JVR offers anything better.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I honestly think Nash to Edmonton is a fit. A good two way forward with experience.

His trade clause tho...

I think its a fit too. Eberle or Yakupov coming back. Edmonton needs a player like Nash. Edmonton needs a vet like Nash.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I think its a fit too. Eberle or Yakupov coming back. Edmonton needs a player like Nash. Edmonton needs a vet like Nash.

Edmonton needs Dmen, and I'd imagine they would be dealing a guy like Eberle to get a one. Not a player like Nash who they'd only have for 2 years.

Also, is Nash waiving for Edmonton? I doubt it.

BarbaraAlphanse

Maybe there is a trade to be done with Nash and Girardi to Colorado.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
Two things

I think if AV were going to be fired it would've already happened.

I'd love to see the NYR get Andrew Shaw. It would be a great start to restoring the heart back into this team.

i was thinking the same thing the past few days.. perfect add for our bottom six.. but he's the perfect utility player you need in your tool box.. i think he'll be traded before the draft for sure..

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
i was thinking the same thing the past few days.. perfect add for our bottom six.. but he's the perfect utility player you need in your tool box.. i think he'll be traded before the draft for sure..

He will very well be delt like many other Hawks due to the cap couse he will get paid. They can't afford it and neither do the Rangers who has the make every dollar the can touch available for Yandle.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Realistic Rick Nash trade proposals......Does anybody have one?
Detroit, coming back a 1st and a couple of prospects. They are losing Datsyuk and all their other stars a aging. Detroit is very familiar with Nash from him Columbus days.

St.Louis, they will be forced to retool a bit with Backes and a few UFA's they'll want to move on from. Send them Nash + Klein (retain $1 mil from Nash) for Shattenkirk + picks / prospects. They get a right D back for 3rd pairing, Colton Parayko can slot up to replace Shattenkirk and we get a much needed right D back we then resign long term. It makes us worse at F but next 1-2 years should be build up years anyway.

Toronto, Babcock is very familiar and Nash is his type of player. They are still rebuilding but they can't have all youngsters playing. Nash is a good guy to help bring them along. We get some decent picks and prospects back they've been stock piling and much needed cap relief.

Carolina, not sure we'd want to move him within division, but they'll have a very young team with Staal and likely Ward departing along with tons of cap room. We get Saarela back with other picks / prospects back.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
To Detroit for Datsyuk's contract, Teemu Pulkkinen and Detroits 2nd round pick.

That's a fair trade.

Reading Nash's comments in the post.

“I love the city, I love the organization, but the realistic side to it is that you don’t know what’s going to happen over the summer.â€

For a guy with a NTC (and who has flexed it in the past with Columbus) that doesn't read like a guy who hasn't already decided to waive his clause. If Nash said "I love the city, I love the organization, I have no trade clause and I want to be part of the solution here." I would be convinced he was staying.

We should try to make a list of players that will probably be moved. players that could be moved, players that won't be moved.(Hank)

What really sucks is Kevin Hayes regression. If Hayes took another step forward this year, the Rangers would be in a position to trade either Stepan or Brassard. Now I can't see how the Rangers can trade a center.

This offseason is going to either be crazy OR a major disappointment.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Stamkos is better than Nash+Brassard/Stepan, and would cost a couple million less. Plus, we'd get some excellent young players and assets for Nash and Brassard/Stepan. You get a three good young players on ELCs for the guys we trade, one to replace Nash, one to take Stalberg's spot, one to take Moore's spot. Stamkos takes Brass/Step spot.

Moore+Stalberg cost $3, while 3 ELC's would cost slightly less than $3. Stamkos would cost a couple million less than Nash+Brass/Step. Give one million to a guy who'll replace Boyle, probably Skjei or someone like Diaz. Use Boyle's money to give Yandle a raise. One million plus the amount by which the cap rises will go to giving raises to Miller, Kreider, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad