Speculation: Roster Building Thread XLIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Realistic Rick Nash trade proposals......Does anybody have one?

One I tossed out there a while ago was Nash to Nasvhille for Craig Smith + Jack Dougherty. Craig Smith was Stepan and McDonagh's teammate at Wisconsin, he's right-handed RW, good two-way forward, good possession player, and he's been a 20 goal scorer each of the last three years. Jack Dougherty is a RD that had a year of college hockey and then went to play in the WHL for Portland (Keegan Iverson's team). He's got a great set of wheels, can move the puck, and he seems like the prototypical two-way dman that the league is trending towards.

The move works out salary wise for both teams

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
Nash @ 25% ret

For

JVR and a 3rd

I don't see why Toronto makes this trade....

One I tossed out there a while ago was Nash to Nasvhille for Craig Smith + Jack Dougherty. Craig Smith was Stepan and McDonagh's teammate at Wisconsin, he's right-handed RW, good two-way forward, good possession player, and he's been a 20 goal scorer each of the last three years. Jack Dougherty is a RD that had a year of college hockey and then went to play in the WHL for Portland (Keegan Iverson's team). He's got a great set of wheels, can move the puck, and he seems like the prototypical two-way dman that the league is trending towards.

The move works out salary wise for both teams

That would be a fantastic trade for the Rangers.....

I wonder if Tampa would be an option IF they lose Stamkos...

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Realistic Rick Nash trade proposals......Does anybody have one?

Are anyone really safe this summer?
A penguin journalist thought about Zuci playing for Pengs - I read it in swedish newspaper some days ago or norwegian, lol.
Nash talked about the buisness part of Rangers in his interview. :)
Personally, I hope we keep Nash - I still like him as a player and truth is he was one of our best players in this year playoffs. :)

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Yikes, best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Hope all goes well with the surgery...may you have a speedy recovery.

Thanks guys. Bern too. A lot. After the double bypass last Tuesday it has all been a blur for me. Missed out on a huge business deal and missed a planned trip. With means nothing in this perspective. Going to these sights and chatting about fantasy things (and calling some friends) is the consolation and a nice escape from the vices of reality

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Unless it's like the top 15 picks and/or high end potential prospects, may as well just keep Nash.

I feel that way for all the other players as well.

Only way to change course is to reverse the things they have been doing.

Don't buy picks at the draft when they are worth their most. Don't sell picks at the deadline when they are worth their least.

Don't buy expensive players in free agency when they are in highest demand.

ick .... it's all going to be the same isn't it.

BarbaraAlphanse

If AV goes to Ottawa, that makes Brass for Hoffman even more interesting.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Unless it's like the top 15 picks and/or high end potential prospects, may as well just keep Nash.

I feel that way for all the other players as well.

Only way to change course is to reverse the things they have been doing.

Don't buy picks at the draft when they are worth their most. Don't sell picks at the deadline when they are worth their least.

Don't buy expensive players in free agency when they are in highest demand.

ick .... it's all going to be the same isn't it.

All? I mean at this point I'd take a couple of picks/mid level prospect to rid Girardi's contract from our books....some guys are addition by subtraction at this point.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
NYR
Rick Nash

for

ARZ
Christian Dvorak
2nd 2016
3rd 2017
4th 2016

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Retooling does nothing for me. Anyone who has watched some of the other playoff series should realize that this team is light years away from being a true contender. The talent is lacking. The heart is lacking. The leadership both on the ice and behind the bench is lacking. This team needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.

BarbaraAlphanse

Re: Nash. I think he is traded to Nashville for Craig Smith and their 1st.

Re: AV. I don't think he is fired. Not until mid next year at the earliest, and that is if the team pulls a mike Johnston on him. But it was an interesting conversation, though.

A replacement I'd like for AV, if he becomes available, is Ken Hitchcock. There were rumblings that his job was on the line if the blues didn't win game 7. Maybe if they can't beat the stars they will look for a change.

Re: Girardi, I think he is gone. I think a pertinent trade is Girardi and Boo Nieves for Brooks Laich. Rangers buy out Laich.

Other moves that make sense:

Losing Yandle and focusing back on defense.

Signing Jimmy Vesey.

Signing Jason Demers.

Re-signing Victor Stalberg.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Again, I know people here want AV gone but if Gorton and the Management team had even a slight doubt of bringing him back next season, I think we would have heard something about it by now.

The Rangers fired Torts right after break up day and there was not a peep about it before the move was made. I really like Alain. I wanted him as coach 3 years ago. Nothing is forever in pro sports. I think AV will be back. I also thought the Rangers would give Torts another year and not fire him after a crazy lockout year.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Two things

I think if AV were going to be fired it would've already happened.

I'd love to see the NYR get Andrew Shaw. It would be a great start to restoring the heart back into this team.

BarbaraAlphanse

2 candidates who were purportedly on the chopping block this year if their teams didn't perform: Claude Julien and Ken Hitchcock.

Id take either as a replacement.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
The Rangers fired Torts right after break up day and there was not a peep about it before the move was made. I really like Alain. I wanted him as coach 3 years ago. Nothing is forever in pro sports. I think AV will be back. I also thought the Rangers would give Torts another year and not fire him after a crazy lockout year.

I understand, but that was driven by the fact the locker room was, to a man, finished with him. It was made clear to Sather during those meetings that Torts had lost everyone in that room and that had he returned, players wouldn't be fully invested in playing for him. His "Hags sucks on the PP" comment apparently being the last straw with the majority of the locker room.

I don't think thats an issue with AV. In fact AV is too far to the other extreme with being loyal/protective to guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad