Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
It was all hearsay...bullshit made up by the posters here who didn't like him.

Something about going out & partying too much & being unpopular in the locker room. Complete garbage, unsubstantiated rumors that were reported nowhere else but here.
The Rangers basically giving him away a few years ago would seem to lend some credence to those rumors

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
If you say so. But it also begs the question....would they try to get him back if he was such a "bozo".
From an outside perspective, it seems like they traded him because for all his talent he didn't seem to "get it". Two kicks in the ass later, he appears to get it now. I don't think one rules out the other.

There was no onion ring incident though.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
I don't see how we're not having discussions with Vegas at this point. They need to move a ton of cap if Eichel and Martinez are returning to the lineup. Smith makes the most sense for them to move, but the options become limited since they can't take any significant cap back. They're $10.32M over the cap right now, using LTIR. Other than Eichel and Martinez, they have another $2.17M on IR that can stay on IR. That leaves $8.15M to clear. Assuming that 2 players get sent down when they return, that's another $1.5-2M. Assume $2M. That's still about $6M in cap tp clear, plus the body you'll need to replace them. So it's about $7M total Vegas needs to clear, unless I'm missing something.

Trading Karlsson ($5.9M) and another small salary (Carrier/Patrick) would get them there.
OR
Smith ($5M) and a slightly larger salary (Janmark/McNabb) would also get them there.
OR
Pacioretty ($7M)
Martinez probably gets traded.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
From an outside perspective, it seems like they traded him because for all his talent he didn't seem to "get it". Two kicks in the ass later, he appears to get it now. I don't think one rules out the other.

How many of us didn't need a kick in the ass at 23? The way I felt about my boss at that point in my life, is probably how Miller felt about AV.

I was out too many nights of the week at 23, doesn't mean my coworkers didn't like me...hell they were out drinking with me half the time.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007

Something about going out & partying too much & being unpopular in the locker room. Complete garbage, unsubstantiated rumors that were reported nowhere else but here.
Miller and Tanner Glass had a legitimate fight outside of the rink and practice that the latter got the better of. This happened. It was not a rumor.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007

Correct, it was funions. Big difference.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
How many of us didn't need a kick in the ass at 23? The way I felt about my boss at that point in my life, is probably how Miller felt about AV.

I was out too many nights of the week at 23, doesn't mean my coworkers didn't like me...hell they were out drinking with me half the time.

If Kreider & Mika don’t have an issue with him returning to the locker room, no one here should

Reactions: Cag29

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Halak has a clause that allows the bonus to be traded even after it has been reached.

I have thought about the Georgiev/Halak thing, but unsure if the Rangers would want to pull the trigger on that right now. They may prefer to wait till the offseason to move Georgiev and pick a backup that they like more.
Great insight here. I have always liked Halak and think he would be the better backup. I also think the market is as ripe for Georgiev as it ever will be. It’s another moving part that could help move a Miller trade along. That is if Drury wants to go this way.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island

There was some truth about Miller being a party boy. I can’t comment on the unpopular in the room part.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Great insight here. I have always liked Halak and think he would be the better backup. I also think the market is as ripe for Georgiev as it ever will be. It’s another moving part that could help move a Miller trade along. That is if Drury wants to go this way.

Halak sucks right now

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Miller and Tanner Glass had a legitimate fight outside of the rink and practice that the latter got the better of. This happened. It was not a rumor.

this is correct.
I believe there were also other instances as being late to meetings/practices as well. Also that he liked the night life in NY a little too much.
To say it was unsubstantiated or made up is absolutely false. AV publicly said JT Miller needed to learn how to be a professional publicly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad