Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Arizona is willing to take on contracts or money.

Sooo VAN retains on Garland. AZ retains on Miller. Rangers send out pieces to add the depth components they are missing to the front end. Chytil, Gauthier, Lundkvist, 1st, 2nd.

Sign Eric Staal.

Reactions: egelband

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Chris Johnston on Insider Trading:
The Coyotes have let it be known that they're willing to take on contracts or money in exchange for future assets.

Reactions: egelband

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Florida is a good example of a team who has been building for a while. The additions they made at the deadline and in the offseason were Bennett, a long term piece, and then Reinhardt, another long term piece. They have signed Duclair and Gudas for nothing but money as UFA’s.

The good teams rarely trade out pieces for rentals. Find a player who fits the team both now and in the future and make the addition. No 1st’s or high level prospects should move unless it’s a true difference maker who will be in NY for a number of seasons.

These rules are pretty simple but they work. Continue building and find the right guys for holes they see for the next few years. Goodrow is a good example of finding the right guy and attacking the opportunity. Trouba is another one for the price paid. Panarin as a UFA.

For me it’s key for the organization to solidify a true 3rd line. Goodrow is a man on an island down there. Use Gauthier and Hajek who, while not world beaters, probably hold value of around a 3rd rounder each along with middle picks to find the right guy.

I feel like a broken record but it turns my stomach to see high end prospects and a 1st being thrown around like this team has been a proven contender for years who are top-2 in the league. They’re not there, and that’s ok.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Chris Johnston on Insider Trading:
The Coyotes have let it be known that they're willing to take on contracts or money in exchange for future assets.

How do we get Nemeth to waive his contract to go there? Also how did Nemeth get an 8 team NTC?

Reactions: common12

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Florida is a good example of a team who has been building for a while. The additions they made at the deadline and in the offseason were Bennett, a long term piece, and then Reinhardt, another long term piece. They have signed Duclair and Gudas for nothing but money as UFA’s.

The good teams rarely trade out pieces for rentals. Find a player who fits the team both now and in the future and make the addition. No 1st’s or high level prospects should move unless it’s a true difference maker who will be in NY for a number of seasons.

These rules are pretty simple but they work. Continue building and find the right guys for holes they see for the next few years. Goodrow is a good example of finding the right guy and attacking the opportunity. Trouba is another one for the price paid. Panarin as a UFA.

For me it’s key for the organization to solidify a true 3rd line. Goodrow is a man on an island down there. Use Gauthier and Hajek who, while not world beaters, probably hold value of around a 3rd rounder each along with middle picks to find the right guy.

I feel like a broken record but it turns my stomach to see high end prospects and a 1st being thrown around like this team has been a proven contender for years who are top-2 in the league. They’re not there, and that’s ok.
Garland would be a “longterm” piece. JT Miller is another discussion.

Florida did well in the Bennett trade. They paid a decent price for Reinhart. They have made some shrewd moves as you said with key low cost signings. When you are a contender you can find more players willing to play for you at a lesser cost, the veterans that is that are looking for homes. Guys that can solidify your 3rd and 4th line and be effective

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005

Preach it

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Arizona is willing to take on contracts or money.

Sooo VAN retains on Garland. AZ retains on Miller. Rangers send out pieces to add the depth components they are missing to the front end. Chytil, Gauthier, Lundkvist, 1st, 2nd.

Sign Eric Staal.
Im still in therapy from the last Staal we took on at the deadline.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Garland would be a “longterm” piece. JT Miller is another discussion.

Florida did well in the Bennett trade. They paid a decent price for Reinhart. They have made some shrewd moves as you said with key low cost signings. When you are a contender you can find more players willing to play for you at a lesser cost, the veterans that is that are looking for homes. Guys that can solidify your 3rd and 4th line and be effective

I like the idea of Garland but man, it would be painful to trade for ANOTHER winger when the team just traded away Buchnevich for better cap allocation opportunities. If I’m opening up the coffers, it’s for a center. And I’m willing to be patient and wait for one to become available.

Bruner4329

Apr 24, 2016
So, did that count as beating a good team? Enough style points?
Yeah too bad this team can't compete with the good clubs. Not as far away as some of the geniuses on this board think. And Yes the same ones that spent all off season wanting to trade Kreider. A lot of crow being eaten by some right now.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Any of the following players are replaced by a good long term player that’s a permanent solution is a win.
Goat, Chytl, kegger, nemeth and hunt.
I still would nag Buffalo about Tuch.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Id bet it’s all the teams in Canada and maybe Seattle

Makes sense, I would have Seattle and Arizona on it if I wanted any chance to win somewhere for the duration of the contract.

Like I know playing in Canada is tough, but at least Toronto is trying to win and is a major city.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Any of the following players are replaced by a good long term player that’s a permanent solution is a win.
Goat, Chytl, kegger, nemeth and hunt.
I still would nag Buffalo about Tuch.

Buffalo is going to make Tuch captain. The guy loves being there and that’s important for where they are. Originally from western NY. He’s not going anywhere unfortunately.

Reactions: wafflepadsave
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad