Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I don't mean to single you out in particular but I'm not trading Berard anywhere, no less for a rental.

His stock has done nothing but gone up since he was drafted. He's the top 9 forward prospect with sandpaper and a scoring touch that this team has lacked since Sean Avery. He fills a need on this team moving forward.
Fair enough, we all have our preferred prospects haha

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I think this may be a message to the team that they have to be able to go toe-to-toe with a powerhouse, a game after Shesterkin saved our asses in a game against the leafs. They can't rely on his in every big game.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that seems like the most logical justification for this allocation of the BTB games.
I truly hope that’s the case. But again, Gallant has done this three times already this season and got burned three times. This is a huge game for the team, not putting your best lineup out for it there is malpractice.

Reactions: Fitzy

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I don't mean to single you out in particular but I'm not trading Berard anywhere, no less for a rental.

His stock has done nothing but gone up since he was drafted. He's the top 9 forward prospect with sandpaper and a scoring touch that this team has lacked since Sean Avery. He fills a need on this team moving forward.

Now you've got me envisioning our own Brad Marchand minus the bullshit and I'm pretty happy.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Both Friedman and Marek saying today on 32T that they've both heard NYR are in on Chychrun.

Say NYR are preparing to "do something". Want a D and F. Both "Drury and Dolan" are in on this season.

Marek floats Debrusk and Reilly Smith.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Please. Stop.

There's no spinning this. This isn't some 4D chess move. There should be no motive greater than winning the game. If Gallant truly thinks Georgiev gives us a better chance to win, I don't know what to think.

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Geo has played well recently, apparently much to the displeasure of many around here.

Gallant probably asked him if he wanted this game, he said yes. Hopes the players rally around him.

I for one hope he plays well.

Reactions: CLW

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Both Friedman and Marek saying today on 32T that they've both heard NYR are in on Chychrun.

Say NYR are preparing to "do something". Want a D and F. Both "Drury and Dolan" are in on this season.

Marek floats Debrusk and Reilly Smith.
I would put money on Smith to the Rangers at this point.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Geo has played well recently, apparently much to the displeasure of many around here.

Gallant probably asked him if he wanted this game, he said yes. Hopes the players rally around him.

I for one hope he plays well.
He hasn’t beaten a top tier team in any of his recent starts

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Yes really. Explain to me how it’s not?
Because sometimes things aren't done in a vacuum, and this is him having a feel for his team.

Additionally, if this is your type of mindset, given that all points in a regular season count the same, you can pretty much salt away a win over Arizona and get 2 of the 4 points locked up. Like 1/3 of the time the Rangers lose to Carolina on their merits and Geo shits the bed the next night and you have no points. I don't think that's whats going on here, but it's not like this is some screaming error.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Odd decision to start Georgiev (I like the idea that he asked for it) but Gallant has a much better feel for what’s goin on than anyone here.

Reactions: pld459666

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Because sometimes things aren't done in a vacuum, and this is him having a feel for his team.

Additionally, if this is your type of mindset, given that all points in a regular season count the same, you can pretty much salt away a win over Arizona and get 2 of the 4 points locked up. Like 1/3 of the time the Rangers lose to Carolina on their merits and Geo shits the bed the next night and you have no points. I don't think that's whats going on here, but it's not like this is some screaming error.
Points don’t count the same. The Coyotes are are an out of division opponent and the Canes are jockeying for position with the Rangers. Tonight is a 4 point game, especially with Pitt right on their heels.

But besides that point, and I said this the other day, if this team needs Igor to beat one of the worst teams in NHL history then it is beyond f***ed. They should be able to beat that team with shooter tutor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad