Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I’m sorry the other thread was closed because I would have liked to respond to a number of posts as well as point out a few things.

For starters, a few of you need to spend some serious time with CapFriendly and better understand the Rangers cap situation. The Rangers have just short of $62MM tied up in cap charges for next year, a little over $40MM in 20-21 and a grand total of $11.7MM committed (to all of two players) in 21-22.

So why do I expect and recommend some of the things I am talking about.

Smith is worthless to this team. He cannot crack the top 6 on defense. If the Rangers buy him out this summer, they save $3.4 MM on the cap for next year and another $1.2MM the following year. Yes they will incur charges of over $1MM for the following two years but the expectation is that they will have a large number of entry level contracts in those years.

Next, I think it is a fairly safe assumption that Namestnikov and Strome will not be making what they are currently making if they are still with the team. That saves $ in 20-21 and beyond.

I want Panarin for a number of reasons. He’s an exciting electric player. His presence, along with Chytil, Kravtsov, Mika and (hopefully Kreider) gives the Rangers a chance of having two solid lines. He’s an excellent locker room guy and he would be a mentor to Buchnevich (if he isn’t traded), Sherstykin, Kravtsov, Rykov and Georgiev. There’s real value there.

And as for bridges, Pionk and Lemieux are obvious. Buchnevich is a maybe (maybe) based on a lot of things starting with how he plays the rest of the season, what happens with Kreider and where the Rangers end up in the lottery. If I had to make a guess today, I’d vote no on a longer contract. D’Angelo simply hasn’t shown me enough over a long period of time to say yes to anything beyond a bridge. I like his offensive instincts. Defensively, he’s a third pair guy. He’s come a long ways this year. He still has a long way to go.

And even if Buchnevich and D’Angelo have excellent years while bridged, the Rangers still have the leverage of two seasons before their become UFA to get deals done. Plus they will have plenty of money available 21-22.

And finally, I think the Rangers need to trade for a top four defenseman. I don’t know who that is and I’m not sure where that deal originates but to me it is necessary. It will likely involve using 1 or 2 current roster players. I could give you a handful of speculation but better just to define the need because I have no idea who will be available.

And for the person who asked the last UFA to be the cornerstone player on a Stanley Cup Champion was Zdeno Chara. You could also add Dominic Hasek of the Red Wings to that list.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
I would have sworn I came on here a few nights ago fully wasted asking questions about Messiers sexuality.

Anyway. I saw a post on a Facebook group that had Panarin & EK both in our line up next year. It looked sexy AF. The website then group pulled it from is currently down. It included buying out Smith and dealing Shattenkirk at 50% retained. Not my first choice roster:lineup but It looked alright.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Is Trouba at age 25 too old for us to be trading for?

I'd like to see us in on him

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
The only concern with Trouba is whether or not he'll stay healthy. He has this season, but prior to that he'd played more than 65 games only once in 5 years. Something teams will be mindful of when committing big dollars to him.

Unless the Jets are really interested in a swap based around Skjei, I don't think there's a trade to be made there. The assets the Rangers have been accumulating haven't built up the necessary trade value for a deal like that.

Reactions: egelband

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I love Trouba, but if they want a more cost-effective move, you call up GMGM and see what he wants for Colin Miller. He's not a top-pairing defender, but he's easily a second pairing guy that you'll have for 3 more years at under $4M.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I love Trouba, but if they want a more cost-effective move, you call up GMGM and see what he wants for Colin Miller. He's not a top-pairing defender, but he's easily a second pairing guy that you'll have for 3 more years at under $4M.

This is the sort of thing I'd expect to see. The Rangers looking to identify value-adds instead of big game hunting.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
HEALTH UPDATE TO THE FELLOW HFNYR FAMILIA - I’m sharing the news that I have gone through a bit of a health emergency since this past weekend. Another scare and reminder of ones mortality. I am now stable and on the path to a full recovery. I have been receiving excellent medical care at the hospital in Biaystok (Poland), and am deeply grateful for all the amazing work and dedication of my doctors, nurses and hospital staff, it is truly remarkable to see. The “Chefs”, well not so much, but not in a position to complain.

The main cause of this Health emergency was that I was suddenly and without warning profusely bleeding through my nose, due to a ruptured vein, whilst having breakfast. This was likely onset by several combined factors - including hypertension and a previous injury to the nose. After one prompt visit to the ER and a temporary respite, the heavy bleeding continued for over 24 hours. The intake of blood thinning medicine prescribed by the hospital and doctors, due to my heart condition after the bypass surgery in 2016, compounded the situation and I lost over one third of my blood (mostly in my own stomach) before the bleeding could finally be stopped. Not very tasty, it must really “suck being a Vampire” ‍♀️. This has all led to a few complications that should soon be remedied and I expect to leave the hospital before the end of the week.

I sat and played around last night being bored to death surrounded with agonized souls and this is what I came up with. Still taking opioids so that might be reflected here and there…
:( :eek: o_O

CONTINUING THE REBUILD

2019 Offseason Trades
  1. Chris Kreider and Neil Pionk or Jimmy Vesey are traded to Edmonton for Jessi Pulujärvi, Kirill Maksimov, the #8 pick in 2019, plus a conditional lottery protected 1st in 2020 (upon EDM resigning Kreider)
  2. Brendan Smith (50 % of salary retained) is traded to Trauntah ML for Pierre Engvall and a 2020 3rd round pick
  3. Brady Skjei and Neil Pionk or Jimmy Vesey are traded to Winnipeg for Jakub Trouba in the summer

2020 TDL Trades
Kevin Shattenkirk dealt (50% at the TDL 2020) to a happy go lucky GM
Check the market for UFAs Strome, Names, Fast and Claesson and bite if there are any satisfactory deals to be made

2019 UFA Firings
  • Connor Brickley walks
  • Rob O’Gara, John Gilmour, Dustin Tokarski and Chris Nell walk

2019 UFA Signings
  • UFA Wayne Simmonds signs for 2 years at MAX 5 M per year
  • NCAA UFA Taro Hirose signs ELC for 2 years at $925.000 per year
  • NCAA UFA Bobo Carpenter signs ELC for 2 years at $925.000 per year

2019 RFA signings
  • Pavel Buchnevich resigns at $3,000,000 for 3 years
  • Anthony DeAngelo resigns at $3,000,000 for 3 years
  • Brendan Lemiuex resigns at $2.400.000 for 3 years
  • Jessi Pulujärvi resigns at $1.800.000 for 2 years
  • Fredrik Claesson resigns at $1.000.000 for 1 year

• Vinni Lettieri resigns at his qualifier
  • Chris Bigras resigns at his qualifier
  • Brandon Halverson resigns at his qualifier
  • Julius Bergman resigns at his qualifier (if he stays in NA?)

Remaining Prospect Signings
  • Vitali Kravtsov signs ELC for 3 years at $925.000
  • Igor Shestyorkin signs ELC for 2 years at $925.000
  • Yegor Rykov signs ELC for 2 years at $803.333
  • Patrik Virta signs ELC for 2 years at $736,667

Final Offseason Signings
  • A Euro ”swing for the fences” fwd FA
  • A borderline NHL reclamation project fwd
  • A long shot goalie (an AHL deal?)

A few career AHLers with experience, grit and size

2019 NHL DRAFT
  • NYR LOTTERY PICK - One of Jack Hughes/Kaapo Kakko/Dylan Kozans is drafted by NYR at #1-3 overall and he then signs an ELC for 3 years at $925.000
  • Edmontons acquired #8 pick is used on drafting defenseman Bowen Byram and he then signs an ELC for 3 years at $925.000
My mock draft of remaining draft picks for 2019 (9)
#24 (1st round Winnipeg) - Brett Leasson - Prince Albert (WHL) - fwd - Shoots R
#31 (1st round SC Winner Tampa Bay) - Albin Grewe - Djurgården (SHL) - fwd - Shoots L
#38 (2nd round NYR) - Josh Williams - Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL) - fwd - Shoots R
#48 (2nd round Dallas) - Yegor Afanasyev - committed to Michigan State/NCAA - fwd - Shoots L
#69 (3rd round NYR) - Ilya Mironov - Yaroslavl/KHL - defense - Shoots L
#115 (4th round Columbus) - Michael Gildon - committed to Ohio State/NCAA - fwd - Shoots L
#131 (5th round NYR) - Kari Piiroinen - Windsor Spitfires/OHL - goalie - shoots L
#162 (6th round NYR) - Hugo Alnefelt - HV71/SHL - goalie - shoots L
#208 (7th round Vancouver via trade) - Mike Koster - committed to U of Minnesota/NCAA - defenseman - Shoots L
#208 (7th round Columbus) - Lucas Feuk - Södertälje SK/Allsvenskan - fwd - shoots L

2019/2020 NYR LINEUP
Names - Zib - Buch
Chytil - One of Hughes/Kakko/Kozans - Simmonds
Kravtsov - Howden - Pulujärvi
Lemieux - Strome/Andersson - Fast
Bo

Hajek - Trouba
Staal - ADA
One of Byram/Rykov - Shattenkirk
Claesson

King
Georgiev

TOTAL NYR CAP NUMBERS
SALARY CAP: $83,500,000
SALARY HIT: $70.050.833
BUYOUTS (Dan Girardi): $3,611,111
RETENTION: $900.000 (1 year - Ryan Spooner) + $2,175,000 (2 years - Brendan Smith)
STASHED IN MINORS (Bellesky): $925.000
SALARY HIT WITH BUYOUTS/RETENTION...:$77.661.974
CAP SPACE: $5.838.056
DEADLINE SPACE: $???
14 FWD - 7 D - 2 G
AVERAGE AGE ~ 25 years

HARTFORD LINEUP…
Maksimov - Virta - Engvall
Carpenter - Fogarty - Lettieri
Gropp - Hirose - Meskanen
Fontaine - Gettinger - Bellesky
Ronning, Leedahl (ECHL?)

One of Rykov/Byram - Raddysh
Crawley/Day - Lindgren
Keane - Bigras

Bergman (SHL?)

Shestyorkin
Halverson
Pickup

Add some AHL fodder as per usual

Unsigned prospects in 2019/2020 (23)
Tyler Wall - NCAA
Adam Huska - NCAA
Olof Lindbom - SHL
Kari Piiroinen - SM LIIGA
Hugo Alnefelt - SHL

K'Andre Miller - NCAA
Nils Lundkvist - SHL
Nico Gross - OHL
Tarmo Reunanen - SM LIIGA
Jacob Ragnarsson - ALLSVENSKAN
Calle Själin - ALLSVENSKAN
Simon Kjellberg (Bust) - USHL
Ilya Mironov - KHL
Mike Koster - NCAA

Riley Hughes - NCAA
Morgan Barron - NCAA
Lauri Pajuniemi - SM LIIGA
Brett Leasson - WHL
Albin Grewe - SHL
Josh Williams - WHL
Yegor Afanasyev - NCAA
Michael Gildon - NCAA
Lucas Feuk - ALLSVENSKAN

2020 NYR Draft Picks (10 or 11)
  • 1st round NYR
  • 1st round Edmonton (conditional if Kreider resigns)
  • 2nd round NYR
  • 3rd round from Dallas (conditional 1st round pick if Zucc resigns)
  • 3rd round NYR
  • 3rd round TML
  • 4th round NYR
  • 5th round NYR
  • 6th round NYR
  • 7th round NYR
  • 7th round Nashville Predators
  • (7th round Vancouver Canucks traded for a 2019 Vancouver R7 pick)

Last edited:

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
HEALTH UPDATE TO THE FELLOW HFNYR FAMILIA - I’m sharing the news that I have gone through a bit of a health emergency since this past weekend. Another scare and reminder of ones mortality. I am now stable and on the path to a full recovery. I have been receiving excellent medical care at the hospital in Biaystok (Poland), and am deeply grateful for all the amazing work and dedication of my doctors, nurses and hospital staff, it is truly remarkable to see. The “Chefs”, well not so much, but not in a position to complain.

The main cause of this Health emergency was that I was suddenly and without warning profusely bleeding through my nose, due to a ruptured vein, whilst having breakfast. This was likely onset by several combined factors - including hypertension and a previous injury to the nose. After one prompt visit to the ER and a temporary respite, the heavy bleeding continued for over 24 hours. The intake of blood thinning medicine prescribed by the hospital and doctors, due to my heart condition after the bypass surgery in 2016, compounded the situation and I lost over one third of my blood (mostly in my own stomach) before the bleeding could finally be stopped. Not very tasty, it must really “suck being a Vampire” ‍♀️. This has all led to a few complications that should soon be remedied and I expect to leave the hospital before the end of the week.

I sat and played around last night being bored to death surrounded with agonized souls and this is what I came up with. Still taking opioids so that might be reflected here and there…

CONTINUING THE REBUILD

2019 Offseason Trades
  1. Chris Kreider and Neil Pionk or Jimmy Vesey are traded to Edmonton for Jessi Pulujärvi, Kirill Maksimov, the #8 pick in 2019, plus a conditional lottery protected 1st in 2020 (upon EDM resigning Kreider)
  2. Brendan Smith (50 % of salary retained) is traded to Trauntah ML for Pierre Engvall and a 2020 3rd round pick
  3. Brady Skjei and Neil Pionk or Jimmy Vesey are traded to Winnipeg for Jakub Trouba in the summer

2020 TDL Trades
Check the market for UFAs Strome, Names, Fast and Claesson and bite if there are any satisfactory deals to be made

2019 UFA Firings
  • Connor Brickley walks

2019 UFA Signings

2019 RFA signings

Final Offseason Signings

2019 NHL DRAFT
  • NYR LOTTERY PICK - One of Jack Hughes/Kaapo Kakko/Dylan Kozans is drafted by NYR at #1-3 overall and he then signs an ELC for 3 years at $925.000
  • Edmontons acquired #8 pick is used on drafting defenseman Bowen Byram and he then signs an ELC for 3 years at $925.000
#31 (1st round SC Winner Tampa Bay) - Albin Grewe - Djurgården (SHL) - fwd - Shoots L
#38 (2nd round NYR) - Josh Williams - Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL) - fwd - Shoots R
#48 (2nd round Dallas) - Yegor Afanasyev - committed to Michigan State/NCAA - fwd - Shoots L
#115 (4th round Columbus) - Michael Gildon - committed to Ohio State/NCAA - fwd - Shoots L
#131 (5th round NYR) - Kari Piiroinen - Windsor Spitfires/OHL - goalie - shoots L
#208 (7th round Vancouver via trade) - Mike Koster - committed to U of Minnesota/NCAA - defenseman - Shoots L
#208 (7th round Columbus) - Lucas Feuk - Södertälje SK/Allsvenskan - fwd - shoots L

2019/2020 NYR LINEUP
Names - Zib - Buch
Bo

Hajek - Trouba
Staal - ADA
Claesson

King
Georgiev

TOTAL NYR CAP NUMBERS
RETENTION: $900.000 (1 year - Ryan Spooner) + $2,175,000 (2 years - Brendan Smith)
14 FWD - 7 D - 2 G
AVERAGE AGE ~ 25 years

HARTFORD LINEUP…
Ronning, Leedahl (ECHL?)

Crawley/Day - Lindgren
Keane - Bigras

Bergman (SHL?)

Shestyorkin
Halverson
Pickup

Tyler Wall - NCAA
Adam Huska - NCAA
Olof Lindbom - SHL
Hugo Alnefelt - SHL

K'Andre Miller - NCAA
Nils Lundkvist - SHL
Nico Gross - OHL
Ilya Mironov - KHL
Mike Koster - NCAA

Riley Hughes - NCAA
Morgan Barron - NCAA
Brett Leasson - WHL
Albin Grewe - SHL
Josh Williams - WHL
Yegor Afanasyev - NCAA
Michael Gildon - NCAA
Lucas Feuk - ALLSVENSKAN

• 1st round NYR
  • 2nd round NYR
  • 3rd round NYR
  • 3rd round TML
  • 4th round NYR
  • 5th round NYR
  • 6th round NYR
  • 7th round NYR
Wow; I wish you the best in your recovery!

Very intriguing proposals you suggest; not sure how much is realistic though. I don't know a lot about the draft selections you made outside of Jack Hughes, so I'll leave that alone. Pulijarvi just had major hip surgery on both hips, so health would be a concern. I may be in the minority here, but I think Vesey can be a useful player. Pionk is a stopgap until you find a better player. I wouldn't shop Georgiev, but I'd listen if someone wanted to make an offer. His value may not get much higher.

Reactions: egelband

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm actually going to disagree with this. The Rangers are littered with "not (a) top-pairing defender(s)". I don't want to spend assets on a guy that isn't top paid, as that can be filled internally. I think they need to aim really high to plug that hole. If they want to go for VGK Miller they can explore that, but I want someone top caliber in first. Miller himself doesn't change their makeup. Maybe something around Miller and one of VGKs wingers with term for Shattenkirk and Pionk in a hockey trade but I'm not going crazy there

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Get well @BBKers

My thoughts on the RFAs, why are the Rangers bridging players to where it ends with one RFA year left?

They'd be better off leaving them with two RFA years left if they can. If gives them way more leverage to get the next deal done when a player is not looking at only one year before UFA.

I'd go either that or consider long term deal right off their entry levels to at least Buch and ADA, but only if the cap hit were cheap enough over the term. I'm doubting that would be the case but they could still offer something in that realm along with the two year bridge and let them more or less pick between the two.

Any time you leave a player with only one RFA year left, if you do want to sign him long term that one RFA year is the only one within that larger deal that should be cheaper than the UFA years in that deal, if there are two RFA years it should bring down the cap hit, so on more RFA year cheaper total contract. That did not happen with Skjei which I find odd and a little concerning. The other issue with leaving only one RFA year, the player can literally go through with arbitration and get a 1 year award to become a UFA at that contracts end. And as we have seen with Hayes they can end up on a 1 year make me a UFA deal if they are asking for something the team will not give in a longer term.

I understand the reluctance to have so many bridge deals and entry level contract all end the same off-season, yet I think over that off-season they'd be in better position to extended the bridges to much friendly terms.

I'd like to see the Rangers do something like the Trouba deal proposed, yet since he has only one RFA year left, that would have to come with some extension that made sense, again not sure but he's probably asking for a ton.

I kind of think they missed an opportunity with Montour, I'd probably have given up a late 1st for him given he is a pending RFA with RFA years left, if they are going to try to turn picks into younger players I think that would have been a nice pick-up.

I see Colin Miller mentioned, and I would not mind them seeing if they could do something there, he has three more remaining years on his deal, is 26 and would probably fit in pretty well, just not sure why Vegas is all that interested.

Last edited:

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

CONTINUING THE REBUILD

2019 Offseason Trades

2020 TDL Trades

2019 UFA Firings
  • Connor Brickley walks

2019 UFA Signings

2019 RFA signings

Final Offseason Signings

2019 NHL DRAFT

2019/2020 NYR LINEUP
Names - Zib - Buch
Bo

Hajek - Trouba
Staal - ADA
Claesson

King
Georgiev

TOTAL NYR CAP NUMBERS
14 FWD - 7 D - 2 G
AVERAGE AGE ~ 25 years

HARTFORD LINEUP…
Ronning, Leedahl (ECHL?)

Crawley/Day - Lindgren
Keane - Bigras

Bergman (SHL?)

Shestyorkin
Halverson
Pickup

Tyler Wall - NCAA
Adam Huska - NCAA
Olof Lindbom - SHL
Hugo Alnefelt - SHL

K'Andre Miller - NCAA
Nils Lundkvist - SHL
Nico Gross - OHL
Ilya Mironov - KHL
Mike Koster - NCAA

Riley Hughes - NCAA
Morgan Barron - NCAA
Brett Leasson - WHL
Albin Grewe - SHL
Josh Williams - WHL
Yegor Afanasyev - NCAA
Michael Gildon - NCAA
Lucas Feuk - ALLSVENSKAN

• 1st round NYR
  • 2nd round NYR
  • 3rd round NYR
  • 3rd round TML
  • 4th round NYR
  • 5th round NYR
  • 6th round NYR
  • 7th round NYR
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest

CONTINUING THE REBUILD

2019 Offseason Trades

2020 TDL Trades

2019 UFA Firings
  • Connor Brickley walks

2019 UFA Signings

2019 RFA signings

Final Offseason Signings

2019 NHL DRAFT

2019/2020 NYR LINEUP
Names - Zib - Buch
Bo

Hajek - Trouba
Staal - ADA
Claesson

King
Georgiev

TOTAL NYR CAP NUMBERS
14 FWD - 7 D - 2 G
AVERAGE AGE ~ 25 years

HARTFORD LINEUP…
Ronning, Leedahl (ECHL?)

Crawley/Day - Lindgren
Keane - Bigras

Bergman (SHL?)

Shestyorkin
Halverson
Pickup

Tyler Wall - NCAA
Adam Huska - NCAA
Olof Lindbom - SHL
Hugo Alnefelt - SHL

K'Andre Miller - NCAA
Nils Lundkvist - SHL
Nico Gross - OHL
Ilya Mironov - KHL
Mike Koster - NCAA

Riley Hughes - NCAA
Morgan Barron - NCAA
Brett Leasson - WHL
Albin Grewe - SHL
Josh Williams - WHL
Yegor Afanasyev - NCAA
Michael Gildon - NCAA
Lucas Feuk - ALLSVENSKAN

• 1st round NYR
  • 2nd round NYR
  • 3rd round NYR
  • 3rd round TML
  • 4th round NYR
  • 5th round NYR
  • 6th round NYR
  • 7th round NYR
Every day above ground is a gift, brother. Just think, if you lived in basically any other time in history, you'd have departed this earth. Best wishes on your recovery!

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I’m sorry the other thread was closed because I would have liked to respond to a number of posts as well as point out a few things.

For starters, a few of you need to spend some serious time with CapFriendly and better understand the Rangers cap situation. The Rangers have just short of $62MM tied up in cap charges for next year, a little over $40MM in 20-21 and a grand total of $11.7MM committed (to all of two players) in 21-22.

So why do I expect and recommend some of the things I am talking about.

Smith is worthless to this team. He cannot crack the top 6 on defense. If the Rangers buy him out this summer, they save $3.4 MM on the cap for next year and another $1.2MM the following year. Yes they will incur charges of over $1MM for the following two years but the expectation is that they will have a large number of entry level contracts in those years.

Next, I think it is a fairly safe assumption that Namestnikov and Strome will not be making what they are currently making if they are still with the team. That saves $ in 20-21 and beyond.

I want Panarin for a number of reasons. He’s an exciting electric player. His presence, along with Chytil, Kravtsov, Mika and (hopefully Kreider) gives the Rangers a chance of having two solid lines. He’s an excellent locker room guy and he would be a mentor to Buchnevich (if he isn’t traded), Sherstykin, Kravtsov, Rykov and Georgiev. There’s real value there.

And as for bridges, Pionk and Lemieux are obvious. Buchnevich is a maybe (maybe) based on a lot of things starting with how he plays the rest of the season, what happens with Kreider and where the Rangers end up in the lottery. If I had to make a guess today, I’d vote no on a longer contract. D’Angelo simply hasn’t shown me enough over a long period of time to say yes to anything beyond a bridge. I like his offensive instincts. Defensively, he’s a third pair guy. He’s come a long ways this year. He still has a long way to go.

And even if Buchnevich and D’Angelo have excellent years while bridged, the Rangers still have the leverage of two seasons before their become UFA to get deals done. Plus they will have plenty of money available 21-22.

And finally, I think the Rangers need to trade for a top four defenseman. I don’t know who that is and I’m not sure where that deal originates but to me it is necessary. It will likely involve using 1 or 2 current roster players. I could give you a handful of speculation but better just to define the need because I have no idea who will be available.

And for the person who asked the last UFA to be the cornerstone player on a Stanley Cup Champion was Zdeno Chara. You could also add Dominic Hasek of the Red Wings to that list.

I would just keep Smith and let him hang out as the 6th/7th/8th defender.

I think Namestnikov and Strome will probably be here next season, see if trades can be made they will be. Strome at least will be a RFA at the end of his contract, would not be surprised to see him extended but I think that, and price very much depends on how he does next season.

I don't want Panarin, too much too long, his prime has a decent chance to end before the prospects primes even begin. Too many contracts which end between now and when his deal would. Too much unknown in the cap structure. Not enough known about what they even have or will have in the prospect pool.

The bridges I already put my thoughts in the post before, either leave them with two RFA years left, or longer terms which buy up a UFA year or two but only if that cap hit makes sense, which it likely would not.

The defender or two is difficult, I kind of think that may just take another year for the opportunity to arise. If they can find a younger more cost controlled RD I do think they'd maybe look to move some future for him, if he was good enough, yet that is one of the tougher things to find in the whole league.

The last sentence, I disagree with when context is added, those teams were not like the Rangers when they went UFA hunting.

Reactions: jas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia