Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

Niku? Stanley? How many Dmen prospects do we need?

As many as possible!

Look at what all the forward players went for this deadline opposed to lesser talented Dmen. Crazy.

Look at our team. Who’s our minute eating, multi-purpose dman that can play in any situation and against anyone for 25+ minutes a game? PP+PO, up 1 or down 1 last minute of the game?

We might have our future Stud Goalie in Shesty, our offensive guys in Zbad, Kravtsov, Chytil..

The only potential stud dman, is Miller.

That’s why I wouldn’t complain one bit if we somehow land a top-5 pick and selected Byram. And that’s why I wouldn’t mind seeing us target a dman in a trade.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
There's a trade to be had with Calgary, if we're looking for a dman. btw where the f*** did this Giordano come from? 35 years old and peaking

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
The only player who got a player near that caliber was Stone WITH extension (Brannstrom is better but you get my point).
And they didn’t even get a 1st or a pick from this year’s draft included. Market prices were pretty f***ing tight this year overall. We got the two best packages outside of Duchene/Stone, and I’d say that’s about right.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
As many as possible!

Look at what all the forward players went for this deadline opposed to lesser talented Dmen. Crazy.

Look at our team. Who’s our minute eating, multi-purpose dman that can play in any situation and against anyone for 25+ minutes a game? PP+PO, up 1 or down 1 last minute of the game?

We might have our future Stud Goalie in Shesty, our offensive guys in Zbad, Kravtsov, Chytil..

The only potential stud dman, is Miller.

That’s why I wouldn’t complain one bit if we somehow land a top-5 pick and selected Byram. And that’s why I wouldn’t mind seeing us target a dman in a trade.

Weren't Lundkvist, Keane, DeAngelo, Skjei, Hajek, Rykov, etc also supposed to be studs?

I did not see what was the difference between what forwards went for and what Dmen. This trade deadline just sucked.

Enough with Dmen, we got a ton of prospects (and I am sure we will draft more this draft) and we got 3 veterans stuck for 2 more seasons with bad contracts.

Last edited:

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
It's the shift in nhl currency value. 1sts and prospects use to be expendable, now they are often more valuable than veteran players due to their potential low cap costs.

they are still expendable for those teams that are desperate to win a Cup.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Apparently not because the Rangers were the only team to get a 1st on deadline day.

Ducks got a 1st, Sens got a 1st, and a month ago Kings got a 1st. Tampa and probably some other teams would have traded a 1st if they were not tied up with conditions.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Weren't Lundkvist, Keane, DeAngelo, Skjei, Hajek, Rykov, etc also supposed to be studs?

I did not see what was the difference between what forwards went for and what Dmen. This trade deadline just sucked.

Enough with Dmen, we got a ton of prospects (and I am sure we will draft more this draft) and we got 3 veterans stuck for 2 more seasons with bad contracts.

None of the players you listed have/had elite defensive expectations with exceptional puck management skills.

The only defensive prospect we have in our pipeline that has a true, elite ceiling is Miller.

This team needs a true #1 dman as much, or possibly more than a potential 1C.. Especially when you consider we have Zbad playing great hockey.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
None of the players you listed have/had elite defensive expectations with exceptional puck management skills.

The only defensive prospect we have in our pipeline that has a true, elite ceiling is Miller.

This team needs a true #1 dman as much, or possibly more than a potential 1C.. Especially when you consider we have Zbad playing great hockey.

you won't get one from trading for some solid prospect (see Hajek, Rykov, Lindgren, etc.) or by using a bunch of mid rounds draft picks to select them.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm

DeAngelo has a higher ceiling than Miller.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
No, it means we acquire a whole bunch of other guys like Howden, Chytil and Kravtsov, and then let them develop properly.

And developing them in the right environment. Playing bottom-6 minutes on a lottery team in the NHL is not going to help a player like Kravtsov, yet the Rangers seem determined to bring him over as soon as possible. I just don't agree with that strategy.

Lias should have stayed in Sweden after the WJC last year, but he was forced onto the Wolf Pack team. Unless their current league is clearly inferior to the AHL (Czech Extraliga in Chytil's case), leave them in their own environment.

Lias with Frolunda
Kravtsov with Traktor
Kovacs with Rögle

Historically, that strategy has worked better with teenagers from Europe. The AHL isn't better than SHL or KHL. Let them marinate in their own environment.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
DeAngelo has a higher ceiling than Miller.

Is everyone really confident that deAngelo is gonna stick and keep improving ? I really hope so just surprised he’s been much better lately .... maybe I shouldn’t be cause he’s still young but earlier in the year Pionk was ahead of him

As for the Hayes deal who else got a 1st for a rental ? Duchene only I think plus Lemieux will be a good feisty bottom 6 guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad