Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Realistically I wonder if you can get a Yamamoto and their 2nd this year. Would be a nice return for Zucc. With their 1st likely being top 15 I would think it would have to involve a decent forward with term to be in play. We get a skilled righty shooting forward prospect and we can use their decent 2nd for an obscure goalie prospect instead of falling skilled D or Forward.

Reactions: Winston2018

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Realistically I wonder if you can get a Yamamoto and their 2nd this year. Would be a nice return for Zucc. With their 1st likely being top 15 I would think it would have to involve a decent forward with term to be in play. We get a skilled righty shooting forward prospect and we can use their decent 2nd for an obscure goalie prospect instead of falling skilled D or Forward.

Would be a massive win.

Winston2018

Winston The Maltipoo
Feb 5, 2018
NNJ
Zuke and Name would be a big boost to the Oilers top 9
Lets try to get Klefboom and or Pool Party and 1st..add and retain if we have to..also.. Vesey,Smith, etc..

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I want their first and a b level prospect someone in their 5-10 prospect list. that’s fair imo for Zucc honestly imo he shouldn’t get more than what grabner got us based off his play but reputation will give him a boost in the end.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Zuke and Name would be a big boost to the Oilers top 9
Lets try to get Klefboom and or Pool Party and 1st..add and retain if we have to..also.. Vesey,Smith, etc..

They need to clear space more than we would.

I can see taking back Talbot to make things easier on them. UFA to be and a familiar face.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I want their first and a b level prospect someone in their 5-10 prospect list. that’s fair imo for Zucc honestly imo he shouldn’t get more than what grabner got us based off his play but reputation will give him a boost in the end.
Their first for zucc would be too much for them imho. Zuccs been playing far below a player who should get a first

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Their first for zucc would be too much for them imho. Zuccs been playing far below a player who should get a first

Like I said I don’t think he warrants more than what grabner got us but I do think if we hold him closer to the deadline someone will overpay.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Nash was as well last year. I'm sure Boston watched plenty of him and saw a player who can no longer put up 40G.

Stranger things have happened.
Boston paid for stuff and things as well as his (diminished) scoring ability.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’d do Edmonton a favor

Zucc and Georgiev for Talbot (ufa this summer) their first overall pick 2019, Phil Kemp, and their 2nd round pick in 2020.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Nah, teams not having expensive depth does not mean they don't have good depth.

Hockey is a strong-link sport

Strong and Weak Links: Talent Distribution within Teams

Top end talent is more important for winning than having depth. As long as you're not Edmonton and are able to have solid young players on entry level deals (Sheary, Rust, Saad etc.) or can find underrated gems for cheap (Ennis, Kempny, Bonino etc.) that can play competently you're literally always better off keeping your stars.

As a Rangers fan we know how much more difficult it is to get a Marner or Kane level player than a Kreider level one.

Of all of the front offices in the league I'd expect to realize this most exactly, Dubas Pridham & Gillman are probably at the top.

Yeah I guess that’s why when the penguins lost all their depth from 2009-2015 they continued to win all those championships

And I guess that’s why the Blackhawks are still a top team in the league too.

Or not

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Zucc (half retained) for Spooner and their 1st (top 1 or top 3 protected).

I hear Spooner has potential.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Boston paid for stuff and things as well as his (diminished) scoring ability.

Exactly.

I am not sure I will make this point any clearer but they are not acquiring Zucarello per se. They are acquiring a top6 forward (which is largely based on history and reputation) to slot into their lineup in that capacity. Zuke is one of the options presented and the choice is then made based on how he looks to Oilers' FOs along with his contractual situation and what is a going market cost to acquire.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We tried to win the cup without an elite talented forward in the last 5-6 years, and it`s not easy, but hopefully we can draft one in near future.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017

Yeah only 3 goals in the last two games is terrible...

GMs know his value, no need to worry. He also plays 23 minutes a game, declining? Zero chance.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Yeah only 3 goals in the last two games is terrible...

GMs know his value, no need to worry. He also plays 23 minutes a game, declining? Zero chance.

Used to think you might be Zucc himself, but if you are willing to judge players over their last 2 games only, I am now thinking you might be Gordie Clark

Last edited:

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Yeah, swapping Georgiev for one of their goalies in a big deal could be smart. I just think by 2021 he either proves himself to be just a league-average backup, or he gets expansion drafted.

ed: Hank's contract expires in 2021, not 2022, so maybe I'm wrong to be so obsessed with this idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad