Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Wraparound king!!!

Now plays in the Korean league, but I was sitting behind him last season when he was playing for Amur against Jokerit in Helsinki
GRF2RQ3.jpg
Yup, he's been lighting it up over in Korea.

I've been trying to get one of his Daemyung Killerwhales Jersey's.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Random things like that happen without planning sometimes. When I attended a Sparta Prague game in November, I saw Steven Delisle play. And at a KHL game in October I met Mikhail Pashnin while we were in line to order beers :laugh:
Have been planning to go to some game here in Chamonix, kinda have to just to check out the French league. Not expecting much though and that's a good thing you saying? :D

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Have been planning to go to some game here in Chamonix, kinda have to just to check out the French league. Not expecting much though and that's a good thing you saying? :D

I shouldn't judge. I am flying to Belgrade (Div2A), Tallinn (Div1B) and Astana (Div1A) for World Championships tournaaments with teams nobody usually cares about. I just love hockey and if I can combine that with visiting a new exciting city (like Riga last weekend), even better

Reactions: Vinny

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Textbook example of a shake up trade. Reminds players that they're replaceable without sacrificing any guys you actually care about as a GM.

Oh yeah for sure, but there had to be better options.

If he had a NTC about to kick in, Dallas wouldn't be bound to it.

True, and I realized it's already in effect, he has a 6 team no trade list. Not super restricting. Still don't like it for Dallas.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
True, and I realized it's already in effect, he has a 6 team no trade list. Not super restricting. Still don't like it for Dallas.
I believe when a team trades you to a team not covered by a partial no trade list, the new team isn't bound by any of it.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Would be nice if JG could get out in front of the TDL and set the market.

He won't as he likes to wait until the last second to do things, but I think that would be a mistake this year.
That and its bad for the tank... all these games count the same. Don't be fooled. Wins in october count the same as wins in march

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Locker room culture
I'd say it's a pretty significant shakeup too in the Ducks locker room, especially with the losing streak they've been on recently. Cogs has been one of their longest-tenured players behind Getzlaf, Fowler, and Perry.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Trading for Edmontons 1st with no lottery protection and having them collapse would be epic.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Even if it is, I'd take their 1st next year.

It's either likely a lottery pick this year or one next year. Either is A OK with me.

There is also definitely something to be said about spreading out these prospects a bit, when it comes to future cap maneuvering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad