Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Mumps vaccine was in the 40s no? Technology has advanced since lol.

That being said I am with you on being more concerned (or even pessimistic) about where we're heading due to this.
Technology has advanced, but that has not altered how quickly vaccines get made. If at all.

This is not about being optimistic or pessimistic. Just what is. My view is that there is that people are throwing around the vaccine word as some sort of placebo for the people. Or to offer a reason as to why not to do something. At some point, people will need to decide what risks they are or are not willing to take. That will include professional athletes and sports franchises.

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
It's playing with house money. The front office has probably already been scrutinizing the free agent class of 2021 as well as players whose contracts are running down and may be disgruntled. Stick with the plan for the summer of 2021 and profit on other teams woes, unless of course a bonafide star becomes available. It leads to a great new line of discussion, who is available in 2021 and looking to get paid around 8 million? A player like that is a big add for this Ranger team at any position other than goalie and any age under 30. Maybe we can ignore a guy like that at right d as well. We have the Staal/Smith money to give our own guys raises.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I don't know why anyone is making a big deal about it. the comments were a typical say nothing/water is wet comment in sports. every training camp everyone has to 'earn their jobs' everyone knows its not true but the team still says it cause they want everyone coming in thinking they have a shot.

no one has played in 3 months and some guys live in areas where gyms and ice rinks are still closed. this isn't the same team you saw in march just returning after a long weekend, you have no idea what kind of shape guys are in so why would Quinn commit to anything before seeing them. there is next to zero chance that Igor isn't the starter, but what is gained by quinn saying right now 'hank and georgie better get ready to sit and watch'

Nothing, but there were some specific things he mentioned about them (like Hank's history against the Canes) that make me think it isn't your typical "everyone has to earn" statement.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
I still have doubts this thing even happens but if it does, I'd start Hank. It's Igor's team next year, let Hank prove to himself and the league he still has something left. Might make parting after the season easier for everyone involved.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
If it were me, I’d base it solely off of camp, but I’d make it a primary goal of camp to test the readiness of both Hank and Igor. If Igor is performing head and shoulders above Hank, it should go to him. If Hank looks better, or if it’s more equal, I would go with the experienced hand.

Reactions: bleedblue94

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I don’t see Hank playing at a high level for multiple games on short rest anymore. He hasn’t done that in a long while.

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
Why are they all short term? Who is replacing DeAngelo for example?

Who needs to? He is redundant, especially now that we have Trouba here long term. You can't make 3 RHD work. TDA is the obvious causality. It's almost funny to me... The TDA fanboys here who also rejected the idea of trading Trouba. One way or another you guys will learn...

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Who needs to? He is redundant, especially now that we have Trouba here long term. You can't make 3 RHD work. TDA is the obvious causality. It's almost funny to me... The TDA fanboys here who also rejected the idea of trading Trouba. One way or another you guys will learn...
Redundant Deangelo…kind of rolls off the tongue. Lol.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Any objective measure places DeAngelo as the far superior player, it’s more so the fact there are Anti-TDA fanboys than TDA fanboys.

Reactions: Leetch3

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
How many 24 year olds in the last 10 years were trending to 60 points?

And, ummmm.....no. Most of us saw the value of what was given up for Trouba and what was received. Also, if liking what you saw from DeAngelo last year simply makes you a "fanboy", I would love to see who it is that you are beating your chest about.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Any objective measure places DeAngelo as the far superior player, it’s more so the fact there are Anti-TDA fanboys than TDA fanboys.
It is not even about measuring who is the superior player (which I disagree with you about, but that is a completely different debate). A 24 year old defenseman who was getting 60 points. Not seen 'round these parts since some guys named Leetch & Zubov. But yeah. Redundant. So redundant that it has been how long since the Rangers had such a player?

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I don’t see Hank playing at a high level for multiple games on short rest anymore. He hasn’t done that in a long while.
He did In November. Played like 10 games in 23 days and went 5-2-2 with a .916 sv% while facing over 30+ shots a game.

Reactions: nyr2k2

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
0RfW0nc.jpg

DYWGyU2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad