Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I have Newhook at 6, Seider at 7. To me, that’s worth giving up Kreider and 20 with Hawryluk as an add to balance it.

What time zone do you live in that you can watch the German league and the BCHL on Pacific time?

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
What time zone do you live in that you can watch the German league and the BCHL on Pacific time?

Pacific time.

What time zone do you live in where you’re bored enough to question whether I watch both prospects? Can you question everyone else here who has an opinion on both?

For the record, I’ve only watched a DEL game live once. There are plenty of Adler Mannheim games on YouTube and I’ve watched plenty of Seider’s international play.

Reactions: Thirty One

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Any chance the Rangers can convince Jensen to come back to NY? I know he doesn't want to play in Hartford as he tore it up in the AHL last time he was here. Maybe they give him a 1 way contract with an escape clause back to Russia if he doesn't make the team? Could provide depth scoring on a 2/3 line and I can't imagine he'd be too expensive. Thoughts?

Kreider-Zib-Buch
Jensen-Chytil-Kakko
Vesey-Howden-Kravstov
Lemieux-Anderson-Fast

Doesn't account for Namestnikov, Strome, Nieves....

I'm not a Boo fan, but id take him over Hensen

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Any chance the Rangers can convince Jensen to come back to NY? I know he doesn't want to play in Hartford as he tore it up in the AHL last time he was here. Maybe they give him a 1 way contract with an escape clause back to Russia if he doesn't make the team? Could provide depth scoring on a 2/3 line and I can't imagine he'd be too expensive. Thoughts?

Kreider-Zib-Buch
Jensen-Chytil-Kakko
Vesey-Howden-Kravstov
Lemieux-Anderson-Fast

Jensen signed a 2-year deal without a clause. Rangers lose his rights in 2020 so that ship has sailed.

Reactions: kovazub94

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Is this guys stock rising fast ? Nice tourney so far and a RD

Its hard to know, probably very likely. Or 'rising', for a good scout that has followed him during the season, I don't think his play comes as a big surprise. But complete scouting organizations are not polled by anyone and most ranking services just piggy-back of McKenzie's polling of mostly Canadian based scouts that go of what they have seen and picked up on the grapewine internally about across the seas kids. You will see that McKenzie's polling just before the draft will get a totally different results when these guys have been given the opportuntiy to sit down internally and discuss all kids and watch video of them play etc.

The thing is that I think that there are pretty many players in this draft that I can imagine that teams really will like. Seider can be one of them and go in the 8-12 range, maybe not likely but I would certainly not rule it out.

But like I wouldn't rule out that like Arizona at 14 really might like someone like say Brink, and goes with him at 14 despite Seider's play. I wouldn't rule out that Montreal at 14 really might like someone like say Rapael Lavoie, and goes with him at 15 despite Seider's play. I wouldn't rule out that Colorado might take someone like Krebs 16 despite Seider's play. Vegas might go with Kaliyev at 17 despite Seider's play, Dallas with Söderström at 18 and so forth.

In the end however, there is a looong way to go from like the top 13 to our pick at 20 with regards to Seider. You know, I do think that the stars really must align for him to drop to us. But I wouldn't rule it out!!

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn

Kreider-Zib-Buch
Jensen-Chytil-Kakko
Vesey-Howden-Kravstov
Lemieux-Anderson-Fast

I’d be for it, maybe a PTO with that framework in place for if he makes the team out of camp. But he’s bottom-six depth.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I see that some of you are looking to move Skjei. It's unlikely that happens.

They are looking to add to Skjei. It's safe to say that the need is 3 top 4 defensemen. Fox might make it 2.

For me, it's more about re-allocating Skjei's value to the right side. The left side seems to have more immediate help on the horizon and finding a LD is a bit easier

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Zuccarello changed the picture on his twitter page yesterday. He had the same picture of him in a Rangers blue sweater on his page. He changed the Forward for the Dallas Stars from Forward for the New York Rangers soon after the trade. The picture was the same.

Type Zuccarello twitter into Google search. The first picture is this one(a day ago) and if you click on Mats Zuccarello (@Zuccarello36),it takes you to his twitter page. New picture. Free agency is just 6 weeks away.

upload_2019-5-16_7-5-31.png

upload_2019-5-16_7-28-40.png

I wanted to see the Zuccarello takedown in game 7 against the Blues. The Blues are complaining about the goal last night. They got a huge break. This is 2 minutes for interference. It took away a scoring chance. It could have been a goal. Late in the 3rd period. The Stars win game 7. I knew Shayna made a gif.

I noticed Zuccarello's picture has been changed. His account is the first account to appear. He was pictured in his Rangers sweater as recently as Tuesday/Wednesday.

That Stars #1 pick in 2020 would be huge for the Rangers. The Stars have a tough year. That pick becomes a higher pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lion Hound

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Arthur Staple of The Athletic spoke with 3 NHL execs and one player agent regarding the Islanders free agents.

The consensus for Anders Lee is $42M over 7 years to stay with the Islanders. Chris Kreider will be looking at that contract negotiation very closely.

Brock Nelson.

“A lot of people like him,” one exec said. “If he gets to the (June 23-30) contact period, he’s gone.”

“There’s maybe (Matt) Duchene, there’s (Kevin) Hayes and there’s Nelson,” the agent said. “That’s really it as far as good-to-elite UFA centers. That makes a huge difference when teams are looking for someone.”

Hayes, who’s coming off a one-year, $5.175 million deal, will be seeking similar money and term as Nelson and would be a nice fit, but the execs polled didn’t see enough of a difference in the two to make such a gamble.

“I like Hayes a little more; he’s got more skill,” one exec said. “But to get him, you’re competing with everyone else and by then you’ve probably lost Nelson, so is it worth all that for a little bit more skill?”

Consensus: Nelson stays with the Islanders for six years at $6.75 million per season.

Watch Hayes get $42M over 6 years. That's insane.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I have Newhook at 6, Seider at 7. To me, that’s worth giving up Kreider and 20 with Hawryluk as an add to balance it.
Who out of Byram, Cozens, Dach, Turcotte, Zegras, Boldy do you have them ahead of? You are putting them ahead of some really good talent. Could not possibly justify taking either of them ahead of any of these names.

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
Zuccarello changed the picture on his twitter page yesterday. He had the same picture of him in a Rangers blue sweater on his page. He changed the Forward for the Dallas Stars from Forward for the New York Rangers soon after the trade. The picture was the same.

Type Zuccarello twitter into Google search. The first picture is this one(a day ago) and if you click on Mats Zuccarello (@Zuccarello36),it takes you to his twitter page. New picture. Free agency is just 6 weeks away.

View attachment 228301

View attachment 228313

I wanted to see the Zuccarello takedown in game 7 against the Blues. The Blues are complaining about the goal last night. They got a huge break. This is 2 minutes for interference. It took away a scoring chance. It could have been a goal. Late in the 3rd period. The Stars win game 7. I knew Shayna made a gif.

I noticed Zuccarello's picture has been changed. His account is the first account to appear. He was pictured in his Rangers sweater as recently as Tuesday/Wednesday.

That Stars #1 pick in 2020 would be huge for the Rangers. The Stars have a tough year. That pick becomes a higher pick.

The way you word your sentences has me on the edge of my seat. I've never seen anything like it lol, theres no fat in your posts, just straight to the point and mic drop.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Arthur Staple of The Athletic spoke with 3 NHL execs and one player agent regarding the Islanders free agents.

The consensus for Anders Lee is $42M over 7 years to stay with the Islanders. Chris Kreider will be looking at that contract negotiation very closely.

Brock Nelson.

Watch Hayes get $42M over 6 years. That's insane.

The Islanders can have Nelson at that number too. That contract is going to be a boat anchor in 2 or 3 years.

Reactions: jas

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008

I tend to agree, not so much I have Seider that high, but in essence if the guy is ranked earlier on the Rangers list and they trade for him, they are trading for the player they have ranked where they have him ranked, not so much trading for a slot number.

Regardless of where we rank them, if the Rangers have them ranked early, and they move up to a slot later than where they have them ranked, the trade should be viewed as them moving up biased on their ranking, not, I can't believe they moved up only 4-6 slots and spent that much to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad