Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I feel we need a big boy RHD to compliment ADA, Fox and Pionk.

In the McQuaid mold... David Savard to be exact

Reactions: cheech70

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I feel we need a big boy RHD to compliment ADA, Fox and Pionk.

In the McQuaid mold... David Savard to be exact
I agree with this. Need some more size. Which is why a Korzcak in the second round would be great. Probably why people are on the Seider bandwagon so much. It also remains to be seen for long for the team is Pionk.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I think the Seider bandwagon is a result of him being ranked in the #20 range throughout the year and now showing that he’s deserving of a pick closer to #10.

Hypothetical, if Panarin ends up in Florida, that team has to be thinking “win now”. I could see something around

Kreider (50% retained)

for

Hawryluk

I’d make that move for Newhook or Seider.

Last edited:
Reactions: Off Sides

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I think the Seider bandwagon is a result of him being ranked in the #20 range throughout the year and now showing that he’s deserving of a pick closer to #10.

Hypothetical, if Panarin ends up in Florida, that team has to be thinking “win now”. I could see something around

Kreider

for

Hawryluk

If Florida gets Panarin, they are probably getting Bob too, and won't have the cap space for Kreider.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
If Florida gets Panarin, they are probably getting Bob too, and won't have the cap space for Kreider.

They will find a way to make $2.31m fit at 50% retained. Corrected in original post. Heck, the spot cleared with Hawryluk will probably equate to half of that.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Kreider (50% retained)

for

Hawryluk

That deal is probably fine, if not a little high for Kreider.

Adding 20 makes it in favor for them. And Salary retention? Pass.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008

Kreider (50% retained)

for

Hawryluk

Kreider for 13 + Hawryluk MIGHT be fair. makes no sense to add in the 20th nor the salary retention.

Reactions: Cag29 and Berserk

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Kreider (50% retained)

for

Hawryluk

Adding retention AND the 20OA makes this a very lopsided trade. For just CK? I would hate to do it, but if one of the names that Gorton likes is sliding, he probably makes it.

And that is too early for Seider.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Adding retention AND the 20OA makes this a very lopsided trade. For just CK? I would hate to do it, but if one of the names that Gorton likes is sliding, he probably makes it.

And that is too early for Seider.

I have Newhook at 6, Seider at 7. To me, that’s worth giving up Kreider and 20 with Hawryluk as an add to balance it.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
What's happening with Seider happens every year. Right-handed 6'5" mobile defenseman are always top 10-15 picks, this year is no different.

Reactions: egelband

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
I have Newhook at 6, Seider at 7. To me, that’s worth giving up Kreider and 20 with Hawryluk as an add to balance it.
Newhook also... he was top-3 6 months ago. If you think he's outside the top-10 after the WJC, you're insane. I can see Krebs, Boldy, Podkolzin and Kaliyev falling.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Newhook also... he was top-3 6 months ago. If you think he's outside the top-10 after the WJC, you're insane. I can see Krebs, Boldy, Podkolzin and Kaliyev falling.

What I don’t get though is — what are the scouts that McKenzie is polling doing? Do they really suck? Like lol — I shouldn’t be too cocky, who knows how things will play out, but take Turcotte for example. You can like watch him a few times and pretty easily conclude that hey, this kid won’t last long. What is he doing around 10-15 on so many rankings there for a while? Seider isn’t better now than two weeks ago — can’t scouts gauge his value in Germany?

Then it’s a totally different issue that the ‘consensus’ rankers just piggy-back McKenzie and after that repeats the same flaws that have creeped into his polls.

The thing is — I don’t for a second believe that scouts can’t make these calls before a WJC/WCH etc. The early structure for McKs polls are probably just not even remotely as good as we think that they are. He speaks with 10 guys high up in the food chain, his pals and a few others who want to be able to get some favors on McKenzie (like Clark/Gorton?). There haven’t been any organizational meetings and real coordination between all scouts at this point. They go off what they have seen and heard and alone they just don’t got a great track of everyone, why would they.

That’s also why I think there is a very good reason to be allergic about the consensus thinking and react too much to off-the-board picks etc. The ‘consensus’ to such a large extent someone that has copied flawed stuff and then put a finger in the air and moved around a few names.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Any chance the Rangers can convince Jensen to come back to NY? I know he doesn't want to play in Hartford as he tore it up in the AHL last time he was here. Maybe they give him a 1 way contract with an escape clause back to Russia if he doesn't make the team? Could provide depth scoring on a 2/3 line and I can't imagine he'd be too expensive. Thoughts?

Kreider-Zib-Buch
Jensen-Chytil-Kakko
Vesey-Howden-Kravstov
Lemieux-Anderson-Fast

Doesn't account for Namestnikov, Strome, Nieves....

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Any chance the Rangers can convince Jensen to come back to NY? I know he doesn't want to play in Hartford as he tore it up in the AHL last time he was here. Maybe they give him a 1 way contract with an escape clause back to Russia if he doesn't make the team? Could provide depth scoring on a 2/3 line and I can't imagine he'd be too expensive. Thoughts?

Kreider-Zib-Buch
Jensen-Chytil-Kakko
Vesey-Howden-Kravstov
Lemieux-Anderson-Fast

Doesn't account for Namestnikov, Strome, Nieves....

i think we'd have to move guys to convince him to come back...without any signings thats 14 forwards on the roster. so if he's looking to be assured of a spot that isn't likely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad