Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I still have this feeling they’re skeptical of ADA long term. Not ability, character. It’s just a gut feeling. Even toward the end of the season there were comments by Quinn about him.

Maybe we see a deal there at the draft. Would rather trade Pionk myself, but this org doesn’t strike me as the type to take the talented headcase over the ok good guy.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
After reading the Athletic’s article on Trouba, my thoughts are that only three of the seven teams on the list — Rangers, Philadelphia and Detroit — are really in a position to trade for Trouba. I’m sure there are a couple of others not mentioned. That will affect the return he can bring back.

The best alternative for the Jets is probably keep him as a one year rental.

I’d hate like hell to see him end up in Philadelphia.

Let him go to the Flyers. That team isn't winning with Trouba or anyone else they acquire.

Reactions: Off Sides

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I still have this feeling they’re skeptical of ADA long term. Not ability, character. It’s just a gut feeling. Even toward the end of the season there were comments by Quinn about him.

Maybe we see a deal there at the draft. Would rather trade Pionk myself, but this org doesn’t strike me as the type to take the talented headcase over the ok good guy.

Depending on how Fox adjusts--he could make both ADA and Pionk expendable. The way ahead for Tony is he has to diversify a bit. He has to add penalty kill into his repertoire of tricks and become a player who is trusted more in defensive situations.

The first RD I'd be looking to dump though is Shattenkirk. When the dust settles on ADA and Pionk's salaries he will still make more money than those two and Fox combined and he's nowhere near being a 1st pair RD. He's not getting another contract from the Rangers and is not in the team's long term plans.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Lundqvist is driving the Karlsson rumors. He wants his buddy in New York. It's crazy. There was a report on Monday. The Rangers are going to have a problem with Lundqvist.

https://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/tre-kronor/efter-ryktena-vill-locka-over-honom/

Did anyone see/hear what Kevin Weekes said on the NHL Network last night? Weekes said he spoke with Lundqvist before he left for the World Championships. Lundqvist wants to speak to the Rangers after he returns from the World Championships about his role on the team and if their plans are in synch. They were discussing the Rangers hire of JD as team president. Weekes brought up Lundqvist.

Earlier I heard JD on Michael Kay's show, JD say they need to get on the same page as Lundqvist.

On Henrik Lundqvist’s future, “he’s playing very well at the Worlds right now, I’ve watched quite a few of the Sweden games. He has never really had injuries where you worry about his back or knees or hips going so that has been a real plus. Ultimate pro as far as how he trains and gets himself ready. I will find time for sure to have a good solid talk with Hank about what we think we are and where we are going, what he wants to do. I know there is a huge commitment by the club to him because there is respect there and there should be. We will get on the same page, whatever that is, I don’t know yet but I’d love to see him come back and play 50 games, win 30+ of them and it would be awesome but we need to get on the same page with all that stuff with where we are.”

NYR News-What John Davidson said about Henrik Lundqvist, Dolan, Gorton and more

What Hank wants to do?

Haven't the Rangers already had this conversation with Lundqvist?

Lundqvist hasn't suffered any major injuries but he played a ton of minutes. Look at his numbers. His goals against are closer to 3.00 than 2.00. His save % is closer to 90%. The older he gets, the worse his numbers get. Those numbers stink.

Davidson said the Rangers won't be acquiring players with major injury histories. Karlsson suffered a laceration to his left achilles in 2013. He had ankle surgery on his left leg in 2017. The doctors removed 1/2 of his ankle bone. The groin injury is also a left leg injury. Bill Lindsay analyzed video of Karlsson in game 5 on the NHL Network. He can't push off that leg.

Reactions: NikC and NYRKING30

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Hank is angling for an extension. With Georgiev and Shesty his minutes are going to decrease which will harm his future contract. Good thing JD mentioned old injured stars ie Karlsson. Ideally Hank agrees to move with some retention and reasonable compensation (2nd) and get the video ready to pay him tribute for his years of service when he visits MSG. JD may have to be the bad guy and have a heart to heart with Hank.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Depending on how Fox adjusts--he could make both ADA and Pionk expendable. The way ahead for Tony is he has to diversify a bit. He has to add penalty kill into his repertoire of tricks and become a player who is trusted more in defensive situations.

The first RD I'd be looking to dump though is Shattenkirk. When the dust settles on ADA and Pionk's salaries he will still make more money than those two and Fox combined and he's nowhere near being a 1st pair RD. He's not getting another contract from the Rangers and is not in the team's long term plans.

Dump Shattenkirk to where? The Rangers are better off keeping him than buying him out or trading him for another worse contract or retaining money.

Shattenkirk need to get his fat ass in shape. $6,600,00 salary this season. Just $4M salary in the last season of his contract. $2M of the $4M is a signing bonus. The Rangers have a better chance of moving Shattenkirk next July 2020. The Rangers pay the $2M bonus in July 2020 and the acquiring team gets the player for just $2M in 20-21.

That's the issue with these free agent contracts. Shattenkirk was 28 and it's a bad contract. It's only a 4 year contract with two years left and good luck to Gorton trying to move Shattenkirk. The only saving grace is that it's only a 4 year contract.

Reactions: Off Sides

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Hank is angling for an extension. With Georgiev and Shesty his minutes are going to decrease which will harm his future contract. Good thing JD mentioned old injured stars ie Karlsson. Ideally Hank agrees to move with some retention and reasonable compensation (2nd) and get the video ready to pay him tribute for his years of service when he visits MSG. JD may have to be the bad guy and have a heart to heart with Hank.

Hank isn't eligible for an extension for another 13 months. July 2020.

The Rangers are moving on with the two Russians in net.

Hank needs to go do his something somewhere else and the Rangers can go on with the young guys.

Reactions: NikC

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Davidson said the Rangers won't be acquiring players with major injury histories. Karlsson suffered a laceration to his left achilles in 2013. He had ankle surgery on his left leg in 2017. The doctors removed 1/2 of his ankle bone. The groin injury is also a left leg injury. Bill Lindsay analyzed video of Karlsson in game 5 on the NHL Network. He can't push off that leg.
Ended the playoffs injured, his team defeated.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Dump Shattenkirk to where? The Rangers are better off keeping him than buying him out or trading him for another worse contract or retaining money.

Shattenkirk need to get his fat ass in shape. $6,600,00 salary this season. Just $4M salary in the last season of his contract. $2M of the $4M is a signing bonus. The Rangers have a better chance of moving Shattenkirk next July 2020. The Rangers pay the $2M bonus in July 2020 and the acquiring team gets the player for just $2M in 20-21.

That's the issue with these free agent contracts. Shattenkirk was 28 and it's a bad contract. It's only a 4 year contract with two years left and good luck to Gorton trying to move Shattenkirk. The only saving grace is that it's only a 4 year contract.
When our recent 4-year contracts aren't aging well and everyone is clamoring for 7-year signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia