Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Brendan Lemieux? I think Hajek will force himself into the lineup as well. Also think there's a good chance one of (or both) Vesey and Namestnikov won't be here come September.

I completely forgot about Lemieux to be honest, he would obviously make it in. I wouldn't mind seeing Vesey or Namestnikov get traded. I would be surprised if Hajek made it in to start the year, he looked promising in the NHL this past season though.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I always forget Lemieux too which I shouldnt cause he's a pest and will be a perfect bottom 6 guy

am I the only one that thinks Fast is dealt if NYR gets Callahan back?

I would be surprised if Fast got dealt, I would like too keep him too.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I didn’t see that. Where did you see that?

im wrong
Nicklas Jensen reportedly turned down a return to the Rangers

Adam Rotter: The Rangers hold the rights to Jensen "indefinitely" so unless they trade him, he will only return to the NHL with them. Had he decided to return to North America he would have certainly been in position to compete for a roster spot along with all of the other young players the Rangers are bringing to camp. The Rangers would not guarantee him a roster spot but they could give him a one-way contract that would pay him the same in the NHL as he would get in the AHL.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
How could the lineup look next year?

Kreider - Zibanejad - Kakko ( if we draft him)
Buchnevich - Strome - Kravtsov
Vesey - Chytil - Namestnikov
Andersson - Howden - Lemieux

Skjei - Shattenkirk
DeAngelo - Fox
Claesson - Pionk

Lundqvist/ Shestyorkin
Lundqvist / Shestyorkin
Most amount of balls in the lottery

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Panarin Zibanejad Kakko
Kravtsov Chytil Buchnevich
Lemieux Howden Strome
Smith Lias Fast
Nieves

Or
Panarin/Kreider Zibanejad Buchnevich
Chytil Strome Kakko
Lemieux Howden Kravtsov
Smith Lias Fast
Nieves

No mater how you lay it out there’s no spot for namestnikov or Vesey they can’t be here.
Everyone else is a lock except maybe smith. MAYBE

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Panarin Zibanejad Kakko
Kravtsov Chytil Buchnevich
Lemieux Howden Strome
Smith Lias Fast
Nieves

Or
Panarin/Kreider Zibanejad Buchnevich
Chytil Strome Kakko
Lemieux Howden Kravtsov
Smith Lias Fast
Nieves

No mater how you lay it out there’s no spot for namestnikov or Vesey they can’t be here.
Everyone else is a lock except maybe smith. MAYBE

you are not gonna put Smith on F unless they have too...............so yes there is room for Vesey and Names.............plus all the kids may not stick , some may go to the AHL......can't assume they are ready they have to earn it in camp.

Let's see what Gorton does........so far so good with the kids added but they seem to be looking to be creative so the rosters gonna change a bit

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
In the sense that you are getting a franchise cornerstone, sure. But add Kakko and Panarin to this version, and they are still a lottery team.

Probably. Although I think they're just as likely to battle for a playoff spot. All depends on how the kids progress, and they are progressing faster than ever before in today's NHL

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
What did Friedman say? Carp RTd it.

"GM Jim Rutherford declined comment, but hinted at it in a couple of local interviews last week. Malkin has a no-move clause, yet the buzz is that he’s taking some time to decompress and think about a.) if he’d agree and b.) where he’d agree to go to. That would be a short list, maybe the Rangers and Florida? The bigger hurdle might be Mario Lemieux, with The Athletic’s Josh Yohe reporting sources have told him Lemieux is against the idea. For the Penguins to consider this, the return must be good enough to keep them in contention now."

31 Thoughts: Penguins' big decisions include what to do with Malkin - Sportsnet.ca

No where did he say that the Rangers and Panthers were keeping tabs on the Malkin situation. Hes guessing on locations where he may be willing to go to. Who knows if these teams even have interest?

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad