Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part XIV: There ain't no gettin' off of this train we're on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Gonna go out on a limb and say Shattenkirk will fulfill his contract

I get the whole sell everything that isn’t bolted down, but playing an entire lineup of kids is a bad idea

Yes, CBJ traded for a veteran recently based on that fact.

Jeff G. might move Kreider, Zucc, and Shattenkirk still before the draft - it depends when they are going to compete next time. And not sure if the younger core will be more successful than the 2014 team based on quality, but I usually have a realistic view. If they move most guys above 25 since they won`t be near playoffs for the next 5-6 years schedule rebuild plan, if so Jeff should move Zucc, Kreider, Spooner, Shattenkrik as well.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
How many wins do we realistically think are possible from now until year end? Trying to look at other teams schedules as well ... I don't think it's impossible for us to land in the top 3.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
How many wins do we realistically think are possible from now until year end? Trying to look at other teams schedules as well ... I don't think it's impossible for us to land in the top 3.
Losses this week to Vancouver and Edmonton will make a bottom 3 finish closer to reality. The schedule to finish the season is rough.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Yes, CBJ traded for a veteran recently based on that fact.

Jeff G. might move Kreider, Zucc, and Shattenkirk still before the draft - it depends when they are going to compete next time. And not sure if the younger core will be more successful than the 2014 team based on quality, but I usually have a realistic view. If they move most guys above 25 since they won`t be near playoffs for the next 5-6 years schedule rebuild plan, if so Jeff should move Zucc, Kreider, Spooner, Shattenkrik as well.
there is nooooo way the rangers dont make the playoffs for 5-6 years....even if every player we traded for bombs out it will not take that long to compete

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Hate to say it but if there’s a decent market come summer/draft, Zuc will be gone. Doesn’t make much sense to trade either him or MCD and not both for the re-(a insert word here).

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It depends how quickly new prospects develop @Rangers in 7 and how well G. Clarke hit in the draft - sometimes we see players are not NHL ready until they are 21-22 years old based on physical requirements. And most who are drafted are 18-19 years old. So those who are drafted in 2017-2018 are in their prime in 5-6 years - so it`s not too far from the truth if Jeff going full rebuild here.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Prospect-wise seems we are absolutely set on C, LHD and G. We need to target wingers and RHD.

Possible targets:

Oliver Wallstrom RW. I see this guy as our 1# target if we pick outside the top 5. Kid is big. Maybe better than Tkachuk? Anyhow we need to target one of these kids with our own 1st: Svech, Zadina, Tkachuk and Wallstrom.

Our other two picks are gonna be late/very late. But no problem there are options. Obviously I'd love Bokk on the team. Kaut is also interesting. Merkley (RHD) seems to have dropped severely. Picking him late in the 1st may be a huge steal.

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Kovy Zib Buch
Kreider Nam Chytill
Fast Andersson MZA
Spooner Hayes Vesey

Skjei Shatty
Staal ADA
???? Pionk

3rd LD could be Smith, Gilmour, O'Gara, Bigras, Lindgren or Hajek

Dahlin would be nice. Or Zadina/Svech/Wahlstrom in place of Kovy or Spooner

Reactions: Rangers in 7

AK 27

I shoot puck. Puck go in net. I score goal.
Apr 15, 2015
NYC
I know this is going to sound strange, but are there really THAT many holes to fill in order to contend next year or the year after? We made the playoffs last year. Was it because of the guys we lost at the deadline? Partly. PARTLY. If we can get 2 or 3 decent lines together by bringing up Andersson and Chytil next year along with another player we sign for in the offseason, are we really that far off? I mean, I don't think we are.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I know this is going to sound strange, but are there really THAT many holes to fill in order to contend next year or the year after? We made the playoffs last year. Was it because of the guys we lost at the deadline? Partly. PARTLY. If we can get 2 or 3 decent lines together by bringing up Andersson and Chytil next year along with another player we sign for in the offseason, are we really that far off? I mean, I don't think we are.

The D needs some serious work if we're going to be a good hockey team. We're pretty much lacking a full top pairing.

Reactions: Ori

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The D needs some serious work if we're going to be a good hockey team. We're pretty much lacking a full top pairing.

Yeah, but I'd argue if the team can fill all 3 pairs with 3/4's that is just as good.

Shattenkirk
Skjei
ADA
Pionk
Staal

All of these guys appear to be 3-5's. O'Gara, Gilmour, Kampfer, Bereglazov (if he comes over again), Smith (if he comes to camp in shape). As far as depth goes, if they keep all of these guys, they should have some solid defensive depth. That's assuming they don't go out and sign another guy.

I agree, they are missing the high end top-pairing guy for now. That will come in time, I'm sure.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I also believe that Vladislav Namestnikov can reach 60 + pts. in one season even though he played with Tampa`s top line for a while consider his current production. However we need to draft scoring wingers in a snipe kind of role who can produce around 60 + pts. in one full season which is based on Zucc`s production in the last 3 years. But this season based on injuries and how slow we started this season, and after injuries he is pacing for about 52 pts.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
It's a league of parity and half the teams make the playoffs so you're never far away from that. We still have goaltending and depth up front, but the D is no-names and we're missing the star forward. The gap we tried to fill with Nash, MSL, probably Eric Staal etc. Look back to even the last Islanders game, where the teams were really close and then Barzal would come on and dance around all five of our skaters for a minute.

It's a lot to expect that out of Chytil or Andersson - maybe we sign Kovalchuk, but he's probably either a Nash (does the little things better than you'd think, but isn't 25 anymore) or a Buchnevich (skilled and productive, but not at that level that very, very few guys in the league are at)

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
D needs a lot of work, and we need at LEAST 1 game breaker.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I hope Vladislav & Zucc is on the same line next game by the way - and I`m looking forward to that game tomorrow, but it might be too early for him to be ready though.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
I have to ask. I know Dahlin is the unquestioned 1. My question is what is his ceiling? We talking EK, Hedman or more McD. Meaning an undeniably top 5 dman or more top 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad