Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Are the Canes finally going to relinquish that KHL defenseman they've been hyping up to be a Bourque/Lidstrom hybrid?

I get it, Necas is a good starting point but it should take way more than that. Pathetic playoff numbers aside, Ehlers is a fantastic player.
Ehlers one year of control, Necas has two.

Carolina has a value fetish that won't let them do anything other than moneypuck moves unless there's absolutely nothing else to do with the money. It's how they ended up with Orlov who then became an $8M guy on the 3rd pair.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
next season you could put Chytil with Kreider and Zibs and sign a 3C like Stephenson

There’s no big add to be made at forward. We need a LHD
2 reasons.
1.I think it’s better to have three deeper lines than two.
2. If we do that I think we officially have moved on from kk and I think that’s a mistake.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
And also a person who absolutely was furious about being moved.
Also why do we continue to push re-treads. Over and over again, it’s ex rangers.
Let’s get Buch back, let’s get zucc back.

I'm curious. If he wasn't previously a Ranger would you change your opinion.

I dont see what being a Ranger b4 has to do with bringing in a guy that ideally fits that realistically could be had without overpaying UFA's.

Besides the fact I'm sure he'd be thrilled to play with Kreider and ZBad again.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016

I dont see what being a Ranger b4 has to do with bringing in a guy that ideally fits that realistically could be had without overpaying UFA's.

I don’t have a moral objection to former rangers if that’s what you’re asking.

It’s just that no one seems to have original ideas and the idea should never be to get older.

I don’t think zucc is bad, I also don’t think he’s a top line guy on a winning team.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.

He gave this org 2 hometown discounts and was then unceremoniously kicked to the curb. He's not coming back.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Our forward group next year is going to be interesting to see how drury goes about it.

I think drury goes into camp with the thought that hed like to see edstrom, rempe and then one of berard/othmann in the lineup

1) trade goodrow. Hes having a good enough postseason where hes not gonna need to have assets attached

2) maybe trade kakko. Due to being an RFA going on a 3rd contract and 2 years from UFA it’s a weird time. If a team offers a 1st or a legit defensive prospect you probably move him

Kreider-Mika-Kakko
Panarin-Trocheck-Laff
Cuylle-Chytil-Othmann/Berard
Edstrom-Rempe-Vesey
Brodzinski

Lindgren-Fox
Kandre-Schneider
Jones-Trouba

Igor
Quick

Ideally youd also move trouba but i just dont see that happening. If drury was totally cut throat, hed move both trouba and goody this offseason

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
It's more the Jets have had him for a decade and they still don't view him as a top guy on their team despite the rates. Somethings off.
Ehlers played in all 82 games this season, but the 3 prior seasons, he played in only 47, 62 and 45 games in the regular season due to injury. Not sure that has anything to do with their view of him, but who knows.

I'm not much of a basketball fan, but the Knicks look poorly coached.
Half the roster is out with injuries; they ran out of gas.

Reactions: HANK30

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Our forward group next year is going to be interesting to see how drury goes about it.

I think drury goes into camp with the thought that hed like to see edstrom, rempe and then one of berard/othmann in the lineup

1) trade goodrow. Hes having a good enough postseason where hes not gonna need to have assets attached

2) maybe trade kakko. Due to being an RFA going on a 3rd contract and 2 years from UFA it’s a weird time. If a team offers a 1st or a legit defensive prospect you probably move him

Kreider-Mika-Kakko
Panarin-Trocheck-Laff
Cuylle-Chytil-Othmann/Berard
Edstrom-Rempe-Vesey
Brodzinski

Lindgren-Fox
Kandre-Schneider
Jones-Trouba

Igor
Quick

Ideally youd also move trouba but i just dont see that happening. If drury was totally cut throat, hed move both trouba and goody this offseason
Edstrom is nowhere near being in the template and Othmann needs to learn about a million details in order to make the lig.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
I think Kakko is moved. We have players coming up that I think are gonna fill the spots. Maybe recoup picks and grab a D prospect. Schneider might get a longer deal at a reasonable hit and he will likely be full time with Miller. Lindgren is up in the air. Trouba isn't getting traded. He will play with Jones next season.

Panarin-Tro-Laf
Kreider-Z-Oth
Cuylle-Chytil-Berard
Rempe-Edstrom-Vesey
Brod

Lindgren?-Fox
Miller-Schneider
Jones-Trouba

This team is still good, younger, dangerous(especially if berard and Othmann hit) and they have cap in case something more comes along. I like this lineup a lot for next season and it's ability to be flexible if a really good and young target becomes available. Keep Perreault at all costs though. That's why you get these guys in the lineup next season and see what comes up.

At the end of the day, I hope we win it all, but I won't hold my breath.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
2 reasons.
1.I think it’s better to have three deeper lines than two.
2. If we do that I think we officially have moved on from kk and I think that’s a mistake.
I don't know how you came to that conclusion

Panarin Tro Laffy
Kreider Zibs Chytil
Cuylle Stephenson/UFA Kakko

should be a solid top9. Chytil could still be the 3C and a value add for Kreider Zibs at RW. So much can change from now until then

We have the pieces to have a strong top9. One piece is missing. Whether it's a middle6 Center or RWer. Biggest issue will continue to remain LHD.

LannyMcdonald

Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Not really. This is a good negotiation.

Drury calls about the player he is interested in and let's JD know what he is willing to give up. JD discusses with his team and is willing to push the pick out to 2026 if the Rangers will go up a round to the 4th and add a condition for the ECF. Drury, liking that CBus will go out to 2026, is willing to do the 4th, but wants the SCF appearance. JD discusses and is down cause the he knows the Rangers have a shot.

That's not throwing shit at the wall, that how good trade negotiations work in pro sports. This was good for both teams.
It’s also a very quick call that builds on lots of much longer calls that we didn’t see.

Reason enough to never want him back. Not even for a group tour of MSG.
When did we turn on Zucc? Love that guy.

Reactions: MrAlmost

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.

Panarin Tro Laffy
Kreider Zibs Chytil

should be a solid top9. Chytil could still be the 3C and a value add for Kreider Zibs at RW. So much can change from now until then

We have the pieces to have a strong top9. One piece is missing. Whether it's a middle6 Center or RWer. Biggest issue will continue to remain LHD.
It would be hilarious if the "Kid Line" ends up being the three RWs in the top 9. There's something poetic about that.

The thing I like about the idea is having 4 C's in the top 9, with one of them on the wing. That way, you don't have a Bonino on the 3rd line in a pinch. You can just slot the extra C back to the middle and put a rookie in the open W slot, in case of injury.

Reactions: duhmetreE

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I agree othmann is not ready and needs another year in HFD. Berard is more ready.

I vehemently disagree on edstrom. He is 100% ready to be an NHL 4th line regular
This.
In Othmanns case, a lot can happen from now to camp, but another 1/2 to full year in HFD should serve him well.
Edstrom has already shown in his cup of coffee with us that he is an NHL player.
Good skater, big, finishes checks, def responsible, can add offense, long reach etc. he’s got it all.
Hopefully he gets better at the dot. If we didn’t have vets like goodie/vesey, he likely stays with the team thru the rest of the season/playoffs this year….
Imo, they have him ear marked for 4C to start next season.
It’s too bad he got injured because the playoff experience he would have got with HFD would have been good for him.

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

Panarin Tro Laffy
Kreider Zibs Chytil

If they can get Stephenson on a Trocheck deal, I’d love it….
I think Boston going to throw a lot of $$/term at him and or lindholm.
They know the C depth is garbage and Stephenson has been underpaid for a long time

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
When did we turn on Zucc? Love that guy.
No issue with Zucc, just don't want him back as his age....but Webster is absolutely the deal-breaker.

Panarin Tro Laffy
Kreider Zibs Chytil

Stephenson is an elite PKer which means we can also jettison Goodrow's bloated salary. It's like upgrading your 3C for a $2M cap bump (assuming we can sign him for 5.5), plus removing dead weight from the 4th line. Win-win.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Maybe it’s just me but maybe with the current roster in ECF we should focus on that instead of dumpster-ing our players

• Love
Reactions: Kendo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad