Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I just saw someone suggest a trade that resulted in Auston Matthews and Matt Rempe on the same line.
There would be zero reason to not experiment with that, as well as other combos, before going w/the best one.
But on that subject
Remp would help w/dirty work making Kreider combining w/AM formidable

Reactions: QJL

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Is Trouba playing hurt? He doesn't seem to be playing a very physical game. He missed three weeks with a lower body injury. He hasn’t looked the same. Some people think he stinks. I like his physical play but he hasn’t really played a physical game. Trouba had a big hit in game one.
One of his legs have to be still feeling it.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Trouba smoked someone in G1, Just missed destroying McMichael yesterday and then dumped Strome behind the net last night.

One reason why he seems less physical? He isn't playing as much.

He is visibly moving around even worse than before though so some LBI is a sure thing.

Reactions: bhamill

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He makes Chychrun look like Cal Ripken Jr in terms of durability.
Good. LTIR status go Brrrrrt
Plus he isn't good and not the type of D I'd want. Theodore would be an ideal fit but I imagine there would be a ton of teams in on him.
they just need to find a way to get Theodore deal done. Can start with those assets we didn’t send to Pittsburgh

Reactions: noncents

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
Them trading Reinbacher would be like us trading Fox.
It makes no sense and is not a realistic target.
Therefore a waste of oxygen.

Not too mention that above line up is pure unadulterated EA fantasy type nonsense.
Your trades would dismantle years of work the team has done for guys like Matthews/Reinbacher who aren’t realistic trade targets to begin with.

Teams competing for the cup IE Tor don’t trade their art ross winning captain and face of the franchise.

Rebuilding teams like Habs don’t trade cornerstone top 5 picks.
Slaf/Reinbacher are non starters

this the same guy who accuses people who disagree with him of telling him that water is not wet?

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Well smartass, Buffalo is light on the right side…real light…and is looking for veteran leadership. Byram may be a fit problem in Buffalo. (Another LHD) he is also going to need a pricey contract extension. If the offseason plan includes moving Trouba (maybe) then you need to get creative.
Wow Bebopb, sorry i poked holes in your idea. Didn’t know you’d get so upset about it and start name calling. I’ll be the bigger guy and deescalate things buddy.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Let's all remember 1 more thing...

Bruins might force Leafs' early rnd 1 exit.... = shit hit the fan for real in TOR
while there is an argument AM is the LAST guy you move
he is also the first guy who returns SO much, you can be slightly ahead short term w/1-2 future pieces.

on OUTSIDE chance moving Matthews is entertained:

presume LaF + for Guhle + Reinbacher ++

Zib
bread
Gabe P
Shesty
Lindgren
2024 + 2026 1sts

that's 4 immediate contributors + 3 futures
is that the best offer?
unclear, given high competitive bidding, but it is a finalist

--------------------

Kreider - Matthews - Berard/Rempe
Edstrom/Othmann - Tro - Berard/Eds/
Cuyle - Chytil/Edstrom - KK
Goodrow - Brodz - Vesey

keep Rosz.
add Guh
Guh- Fox
KAM - Schneid
Scanlin - Barron [part of other deal for Robertson +]
Gust

somethin like dat
You want to trade Zibanejad, Panarin, Shesterkin, Perreault, Lindgren, and 2 1sts for Matthews?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I don't see how Marner isn't traded this summer if the Leafs lose in the first round.

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
I like Trouba but 8 million to be on the 3rd pair is not a good thing. It means Schneider has pretty much passed him up which is a great thing for us. If Trouba is still hurt, different story i guess but clearing 8 million off the cap would be huge. Would probably take salary back but maybe it would be used in a better spot.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I like Trouba but 8 million to be on the 3rd pair is not a good thing. It means Schneider has pretty much passed him up which is a great thing for us. If Trouba is still hurt, different story i guess but clearing 8 million off the cap would be huge. Would probably take salary back but maybe it would be used in a better spot.
I am in agreement with all that you posted except I’m not clear on what you mean when you posted “take salary back”?

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
I am in agreement with all that you posted except I’m not clear on what you mean when you posted “take salary back”?
What i mean is if we do trade Trouba, i doubt we get rid of his entire 8 million without taking money back. Would be nice to clear it but idk what team is taking that without sending any back

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I'd put money on Trouba having some kind of knee procedure after the season ends. He has no stride. He didn't have some great one before, but he really doesn't seem to be capable of much changing direction push off right now.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
What i mean is if we do trade Trouba, i doubt we get rid of his entire 8 million without taking money back. Would be nice to clear it but idk what team is taking that without sending any back
I agree, Drury shouldn’t be paying a third pair d 8 million but as much as the majority of this board (me included) want him gone I would like to believe he can be moved
for fair value without salary retention.
Come July of this year he will be available to 16 teams and the following July that list will grow to 19.
A trade might not happen this offseason but I don’t see him being here past the following offseason.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Wow Bebopb, sorry i poked holes in your idea. Didn’t know you’d get so upset about it and start name calling. I’ll be the bigger guy and deescalate things buddy.

Uhh.... you started it by insulting him and calling his trade proposal/insight/whatever something from a video game. I don't blame the guy for having ruffled feathers particularly given his pedigree. Stuff like that is why Edge left. Just saying.

You want to trade Zibanejad, Panarin, Shesterkin, Perreault, Lindgren, and 2 1sts for Matthews?

He's got Rempe on the the first line and you're replying to this lol? It's horrendous.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
He’s got Rempe on the the first line and you're replying to this lol? It's horrendous.
The team won the presidents trophy, is up 2-0 in round 1, and I just clicked here because there’s not much news/going on and I see a proposal trading our elite goalie and MVP candidate and a proposed lineup starting 4 rookies in the top 6

Reactions: nyrallday

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
The team won the presidents trophy, is up 2-0 in round 1, and I just clicked here because there’s not much news/going on and I see a proposal trading our elite goalie and MVP candidate and a proposed lineup starting 4 rookies in the top 6

For a guy that’s looking like he’s going to lead his team to one series win in eight consecutive years of making the playoffs. It’s not all on him obviously but I’m not trading half of a team that’s one of 5 favorites to win the Cup for that player.

Reactions: jerseyjinx94

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
Not sure if people want to compete for a cup or 1st overall.

Reactions: TominNC

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
Uhh.... you started it by insulting him and calling his trade proposal/insight/whatever something from a video game. I don't blame the guy for having ruffled feathers particularly given his pedigree. Stuff like that is why Edge left. Just saying.

He's got Rempe on the the first line and you're replying to this lol? It's horrendous.
To be fair, Trouba for Byram is not realistic. Of course we would do it but why would Buffalo? I guess they can use a veteran to help make the playoffs but i don't think it makes sense for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad