Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part VIII: Autumn in New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
The worst regular pair, not counting third pair scrubs, fill ins, and coaches being random, yes. The worst top 4 pair, if you will.

This should come as no surprise, as Girardi is probably the worst big minutes, bonafide regular in the history of the league.

Since the lockout...

I, uhhh, don't agree with you and I'll leave it at that

Reactions: darko

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I'm not even talking about ceilings here.

Miller scored 3 less points than Zuccarello last season, Kreider scored 6 less, I'd argue they are our two best wingers, but I'm big fans of both, so maybe not, but I think its close between those three. You are right that its a little more unknown with Buch and Chytil, but even if they hit their floors, they are still top 6 players, IMO. I think they are too far to be outright busts. Thats 4 top 6 wingers right there, even if they don't hit a higher ceiling.

And you are right that anything could happen, but I think its likely in a few years that Zucc will not be needed.

You're forgetting that there is something Zuccarello does that Kreider and Miller don't do - namely make the players they play with better. Zucc is really the only player on our team that does that.

Reactions: Ori

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
You're forgetting that there is something Zuccarello does that Kreider and Miller don't do - namely make the players they play with better. Zucc is really the only player on our team that does that.

Except that I'm fairly certain it's been documented here that Kreider is such an elite driver of possession that whatever line he is on is dramatically better. Case in point was Stepan with Kreider on his line as opposed to not having him on his line. So, Kreider, in fact, does make his linemates better.

Reactions: bernmeister

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
If Brady Skjei picks up where he left off and he flourishes with more responsibility,what does Newport Sports want for 8 years? How much money for 8 years? 24-32 years old. Quality D and C are impossible to find. Parayko got 5 years at $5.5M AAV. Slavin got 7 years at $5.3M at AAV. How much for 8 years?

Reactions: Ail

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
If Brady Skjei picks up where he left off and he flourishes with more responsibility,what does Newport Sports want for 8 years? How much money for 8 years? 24-32 years old. Quality D and C are impossible to find. Parayko got 5 years at $5.5M AAV. Slavin got 7 years at $5.3M at AAV. How much for 8 years?

If he plays like last year I do 7-8 x 5.5 in a second.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Except that I'm fairly certain it's been documented here that Kreider is such an elite driver of possession that whatever line he is on is dramatically better. Case in point was Stepan with Kreider on his line as opposed to not having him on his line. So, Kreider, in fact, does make his linemates better.

Yeah, Kreider is definitely a catalyst for driving play, but so is Zuccarello, by far our two best overall forwards.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers hired former NHL player Patric Kjellberg to scout Sweden for them. Kjellberg ran the Leksand team in Sweden a while ago. The Rangers previous Swedish Anders Kallur retired. That's the only new change which wasn't announced. Jeff Buekeboom is listed as a scout. He was offered a scouting position at the time of the coaching staff change. The Rangers grouped with pro and amateur guys together. Steve Eminger is a new pro scout.

Scouts Larry Bernard, Jeff Beukeboom, Rich Brown, Brendon Clark, Daniel Dore, Eric Doyle, Mikko Eloranta, Steve Eminger, Jan Gajdosik, Kim Gellert, Oto Hascak, Jamie Herrington, Rick Kehoe, Patric Kjellberg, Gilles Leger, Vladimir Lutchenko, Justin Sather, Peter Stephan

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/team/front-office

Jeff Gorton didn't fill Steve Greeley's former role as assistant director of player personnel. I wonder if he got annoyed at Chris Drury being named AGM. Greeley went to Buffalo as one of two AGM's. Greeley sounded so happy to join the Rangers two years ago. How much he liked and admired Gorton. Maybe the opportunity was too good for Greeley to turn down. Maybe he wanted that role with the Rangers. Greeley had Gorton's role before Gorton was elevated to AGM in 2011. Gorton didn't fill that vacancy. Drury is Gorton's top lieutenant. You hear AV say I will will talking to Gorts and Chris about the roster.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

8 would be great
best long term economizing by offering max term

Reactions: Revel and Ail

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Seems like a lot of role players this board wanted badly have been released from either their first or second PTO recently

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
The aftermath of the 2015 draft is so terrible it really isn’t even funny at this point

Hindsight is 20/20. 2015 looks bad now, but NYR didn't draft badly. NYR drafted much better in 2015 then we did in 2014, just didn't work out, Saarela, Kovács, Morrison and Huska were all good/decent high risk/reward picks. Gropp was a bad pick but Gordie loved him, Bernhardt came off a very strong season in SuperElit, him busting hard is very surprising actually and Zborovskiy was a meh pick that looks pretty ok in hindsight.

Reactions: Revel

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I think Huska is our top goalie prospect but the rest of that draft was a nightmare. Couldn’t afford it with how many picks we’ve dealt away.

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
His game is to get the puck and shoot it on goal over and over again.
This is accurate. Pretty quick skater. Physical. I like him in our bottom 6.
He was expected to play in Boston’s top 6 this season, but underperformed in camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad