Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I’m guessing the Florida rumor we heard was a handshake, but that turned ugly once Pietrangelo stalled overnight. I’m guessing we see Schmidt to Florida within hours.
LV mgmt didn’t do that locker room any favors. There will be some resentment. I love McPhee for old tymes sake but they’ve been ruthless.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
LV mgmt didn’t do that locker room any favors. There will be some resentment. I love McPhee for old tymes sake but they’ve been ruthless.
Pietrangelo is a competitor, a championship-winner and a team-changer, but that was one of the messier recent transitions I remember seeing.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Pietrangelo is a competitor, a championship-winner and a team-changer, but that was one of the messier recent transitions I remember seeing.
AP is great and no doubt will quickly earn his mates respect, but it’s a bit disrespectful to Nate S and potentially others. These guys strike me as being a tight bunch since Exp. They’ve done this several times, trading guys days before their NTCs kick in (fair game but won’t win you friends) and in Haula case like 2 days before his Golden Knight themed wedding.

Reactions: Avery16 and Tob

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I think Vegas wound up bidding against themselves with this contract. Did McFee forgot no state tax in Nevada? Easily could have shave $1.0-$1.2m and still beat any competing offers on after-tax basis in this market.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Is Nate Schmidt's defense really that spectacular to be considered a first pairing dman? I mean he's 29 and definitely as good as he's gonna be. Highest point total was 36 points in 76 games.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Is Nate Schmidt's defense really that spectacular to be considered a first pairing dman? I mean he's 29 and definitely as good as he's gonna be. Highest point total was 36 points in 76 games.

Defensively he’s very good. His skating and ability to move the puck is pretty solid.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA

I've been saying this for a few weeks. He is a very solid all around Dman. Hed be a perfect partner for Trouba.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobbop

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If Schmidt is in play, I’d sure be all ears on a three sided deal that would send out DeAngelo on our end. Schmidt is a bona fide first pair defenseman.
I truthfully dont know much about Schmidt. Any comp? If he's a 1LD we should be checking in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad