Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Are you sure about that? :P

At least what we all can agree on is that management is dead set on not building from the net out.

unlike our previous rebuild

I don't agree with that at all...we drafted shesterkin first and then loaded up on defensive prospects before getting any forwards :naughty:

Reactions: Richard Banger

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

Interest in this guy for depth?? I like him to be honest. Fits a need,

not someone i'd be rushing to sign on 10/9 but depending on how the blueline rounds out I agree that he could make some sense. he should be super cheap, I believe can play either side and he played 66 games last year so would only need to get into 4 games to cover our expansion exposure requirements if signed to a 2 year deal...so it works as a potential 7th d target

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
He was always a good player. He just had a career year, He is the type. Next Stralman maybe. Rangers better snag him. 4 years 3.5 per year?

He is a good underrated player. I hope he is one of the dman that Gorton was taking about. He is solid.

he made $1.2 mil last year...3.5 per is too much for a depth guy when we still have smith imo

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Rangers have made the most significant trade so far (not saying a lot). GM's around the NHL lets pick up the slack. Lets go lets go lets go.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Serious question, do the Rangers think DeAngelos value is at its absolute highest right now?

Because I’ll be honest I’d much rather ride out another year with Tony on the team than trade him for Monahan.

I mean I get it, I’ve been saying for a while I think his value is inflated by fans. But do they think he’s never going to be more valuable to them than he is right now?

his value should be high but I see no reason to think his value has peaked. the prior year he was really good in the 2nd half and I see little reason to think he won't be a 50+ point guy every year and his defensive game, while still a work in progress, has improved as well...

if the right deal is there and it makes the team better overall, go for it. but I 1000% would keep him and let him repeat his success to up his value even more before moving him just cause something is the 'best offer' right now. we don't need to settle.

Reactions: egelband

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
https://nypost.com/2020/10/02/rebuilding-rangers-still-have-work-to-do-not-even-close/

Gorton talked around the Fast situation, but The Post has learned that there has not been a single conversation between the team and Kurt Overhardt, the winger’s agent, since extension talks broke down leading into the deadline.

If the perfect second-line center becomes available on the trade market — and that means a perfect combination of talent, disposition, age and contract — then, by all means, the Rangers should pursue that white whale.
Otherwise, though, it seems absurd not to give Chytil a shot at the assignment.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Sure thing.

Yeah that's the way most of us feel. Monahan is far from perfect but he's a good fit with what we have while also being the right age and signed at a reasonable rate for 3 more years. Pretty much everyone here would rather have Lindholm from what I could tell but if he's not on the table then there isn't much to do. The market for centers seems pretty sparse in general.
I'd rather have a two way center. I like ADA yet if a two way center in the mold of a young ROR, or something was able to be traded for, then I could probably understand the trade even if the pay seems like a lot.

For me at least it's not like I see ADA as a do not trade, more like I'd want a very specific player in return. That may be a center or LD given what the Ranger likely will need, it may be a youngish NHLer or some package that could return that with another trade now or in the future, yet from my point of view the Rangers do not need to move ADA unless that type of player is available right now.

Similar with just about everyone who may or may not be on the maybe trade list, get the right player at the right age, who is in their career at the right contract spot, and I'll be fine with any trade. Given their position they do not need to capitulate and get less than what they should get or should want. They have time to get it right.

OthmannOut

Jan 29, 2019
If Dubnyk goes to San Jose, I could see Hank wanting to go to Minnesota to reunite with Zucc.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
"Otherwise, though, it seems absurd not to give Chytil a shot at the assignment. The fact is, though it comprised a fairly small sample size of 136:30 of five-on-five play, Chytil and Panarin were on for 12 goals for and four against, while the Kreider-Chytil-Panarin trio that was generally together following a Rangers’ penalty kill, was on for seven goals scored and none against with a 26-7 shot advantage in 31:19 (Thanks Naturalstattrick.com)"

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Sam Bennett would be another good fit from the Flames.

Linholm Bennett Hanafin
for
DeAngelo Buchnevich Georgiev

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I would LOVE for Chytil to emerge as the 2C during the year...but I see little chance that he enters the year as the 2C. if we don't acquire a 2C, strome will be back.

Reactions: Barnaby

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I was starting to get worried that something was wrong, a day full of trade with calgary talks without you suggesting for the billion time that we should get bennett lol
he's scappy pk and a need along with the other 2 lol. that would be a good deal for both team

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
I’m still baffled by the Staal trade before the draft. They must have several possible trades teed up, no?

I mean we have about 7 or 8M comfortably after signing all our free agents

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I’m still baffled by the Staal trade before the draft. They must have several possible trades teed up, no?

They can build a contender this off-season. Maybe not one up for the up, but a team that's definitely ready to take another step.

Reactions: leetch99

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

No? Why would you assume that?

They dumped a big cap hit contract for relatively little giveaway, you take that and go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad