Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part L

Status
Not open for further replies.

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
question is do rangers keep buchnevich or trade straight up for virtanen? or sign someone like kevin labanc? decent scoring guys that play right wing on average get around 50-55 pts a year anyway.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
I not very good at trade proposals so I welcome any feedback.
NYR trade:
Tony DeAngelo
Ryan Strome
Filip Chytil
Nils Lundqvist
Alexandar Georgiev
2021 1st Round Draft pick

NYR receives from Buffalo:
Jack Eichel
Casey Middelstadt
2020 1st Round (8) Draft pick

Does this work Cap wise? Is this fair value? Fell free to move assets if you believe a deal could be reached.
This trade is a bit of a mess with so many assets. I think it needs to be dumbed down to simply trading for Eichel.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
question is do rangers keep buchnevich or trade straight up for virtanen? or sign someone like kevin labanc? decent scoring guys that play right wing on average get around 50-55 pts a year anyway.

Buch is a tricky one.

- He’s about to enter his prime and with this much surrounding talent his numbers could greatly increase

- he also has a similar skill set as many and this team might need more brawn

What to do?

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Danault would be perfect but can't see Montreal moving him.

In before the 12209320932093209302392093 Montreal fan proposals which involve the 1OA centered around Danault.
Oh, there’s no conceivable way they deal him plus he’s going to be a UFA soon. Cirelli would be so amazing but no way Tampa wants to give him up.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Danault would be so perfect for this team.

exact type of center I’d want behind Zibanejad. Can put up 45-50 points while playing excellent two way hockey.

montreal can a be erratic and they have a very dense group of forwards right now. They’re definitely gonna attempt to move someone up front imo. Really could be any of Domi, Drouin, Danault, Tatar, but it’ll probably be Domi or Drouin realistically.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Danault may have been possible if Poehling didn't lay an egg this year.
They still have Suzuki and Kotkaniemi as well as Domi.

I could see them moving Danault if they get better offers for him than Domi or Drouin, and I think they would. He’s much less of a risk than those guys.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
This trade is a bit of a mess with so many assets. I think it needs to be dumbed down to simply trading for Eichel.
Buffalo has been a bit of a mess for awhile. Financially I believe they need to put a watchable product on the ice soon and can’t sustain this prolonged rebuild. I also believe they will need proven players along with grade A/B+ prospects in any trade for Eichel. We have the prospects, I am not sure we have the established players we are allowed to trade to fit their needs. Pity, I think he would help to complete this team.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I wouldn't be looking to trade for or sign a 2C.

You ride Strome for this season and groom Chytil into the role. Another season of development for Howden and Andersson. If that doesn't work you look again next offseason.

There are a lot more options at center in free agency summer of 2021.

Our agenda needs to be
1) Sort out the goalie situation
2) Sort out our re-signing & cap situations
3) Make a move for a young cap controlled defensive left-handed defenseman.

Because of the RD offensive riches, I'd even prefer a left-d that doesn't score often- because that raises the price of resigning heavily, and we don't need help in that area. Another guy like Lindgren but with a little more experience and size would be ideal.

Reactions: kovazub94

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
I hope Lundkvist has an out with his Swede team. Kid is going to be an upgraded Fox and that's saying a lot. He's a stud. If TDA goes to Buffalo my guess is in a deal for Reinhart. He doesn't take draws so maybe he's playing wing more than center. Either way, he's tough and hard to play against. He's 24. I could see him be a perfect fit on the wing on the third line. That would mean that they would keep Strome. I do know there were many reports the Rangers loved Cozens and the Sabres have to be desperate to build a winner and Eichel who seems to be losing interest staying there. Maybe TDA, Buchnevich and Chytil for Cozens and the 8th overall. If Eichel truly is going to hold the organization up for ransom. They have to be desperate to win now. Now, most will probably think that is overpayment. I don't. A few reasons. One, those three players would have to be protected for the expansion draft. Two, it gives us a lot more cap flexibility for the future. Three, Cozens is a stud and like Lafrenierre, he's another player built for the playoffs and he's a big time center prospect. Four, the 8th pick can be used on a talented center prospect. If you asked me would we be in better shape 3 years from now with Cozens here than those 3 players and my answer would be yes. Cozens has number 1 center potential and Zibanejad has a history of concussions. They need to find a big time center to carry the load if he's out.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I've liked Domi and the Habs' very weird group of players for years now, but it is a bit of a red flag that they're not going with him more in the playoffs. Fair enough he's probably never gonna score 70 points again but still.

I sincerely hope no NHL players read this place. Or if they do, they should troll it on an absolutely awful burner account. Go all the way.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I dont think we will have cap space to get both a #1 LD and and high end 2c... I would prioritize the LD over 2c. Strome is fine and hopefully chytil will grow into it in the next 1-3 years.

plus if panarin and laf both drive the play, a high end C is less important.

our LD is in shambles for the next 1-2 seasons though and is by far our weakest spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad