Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part II: Anything Goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Yeah maybe the year Kovy left it screwed them out of contending, but in the long term it ****ing saved them big time. That's why it's absolutely hilarious to see Devils fans pissed off that we got out of a ****ing 1 year contract

They were on the hook for what 12 years? 15 years? 6.5 mill hit and they get out of it with 250k a year AND they couldve traded his rights

Not to mention they got their draft picks returned that they were supposed to lose for attempting to cheat with the original deal.

It's almost like they are trolling with the cap they sayin

Last edited:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I mean even if Girardi has a better season, it's not going to be better than the other RD's that the Rangers signed now to play his minutes. If he does better, then good for him but the Rangers are better on the back end now than they were with Girardi.

Just gonna be super annoyed if I start seeing people saying "Girardi has been really solid and good with Tampa and Shattenkirk dared to turn the puck over the other night what were the Rangers thinking!"

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
I mean even if Girardi has a better season, it's not going to be better than the other RD's that the Rangers signed now to play his minutes. If he does better, then good for him but the Rangers are better on the back end now than they were with Girardi.

Just gonna be super annoyed if I start seeing people saying "Girardi has been really solid and good with Tampa and Shattenkirk dared to turn the puck over the other night what were the Rangers thinking!"

There's going to be reactionary commentary for most players throughout the course of the season. Shattenkirk is an enormous upgrade for this defense and PP.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Local Legends...

Biggio played with Pete Harnisch. When they came home from the Astros they would come into my bar for a few pops. Pete's brother is one of my closest friends. Good people.

Superior has a ton of ex players there on a regular basis. I watched a game with Kovalev there a few years ago. His kid was playing against the Royals. Boulton was also like a fixture there for a long time. Good guy.

Cool to see some posters that grew up near me. When I was in high school I had no idea Biggio played baseball. I think he rushed for around 243 yards against my school. He was lucky I was a younger 3rd stringer on the bench LOL :D

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Cool to see some posters that grew up near me. When I was in high school I had no idea Biggio played baseball. I think he rushed for around 243 yards against my school. He was lucky I was a younger 3rd stringer on the bench LOL :D

Chris Higgins is from nearby as well.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Pierre Dorion was on Ottawa radio today.

Dorion said he discussed a possible trade this morning with a GM and we might be at the checkout line right now.

5:32

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200...t-what-pageau-will-bring-to-the-team-1.806743

ogW6sOTl_400x400.jpg

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
They could sure use a steadying influence on the blueline now that Methot is gone!

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I don't see how we'd make a trade with Ottawa work if it is around Staal. They'll need some room down the line for Stone and Karlsson.

Holden makes sense.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Maybe that Karlsson/Hagelin/Zuccarello/Lundqvist picture actually meant something...maybe they were trying to tell us something.

Karlsson for Staal and Holden incoming

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Yeah maybe the year Kovy left it screwed them out of contending, but in the long term it ****ing saved them big time. That's why it's absolutely hilarious to see Devils fans pissed off that we got out of a ****ing 1 year contract

They were on the hook for what 12 years? 15 years? 6.5 mill hit and they get out of it with 250k a year AND they couldve traded his rights

Not to mention they got their draft picks returned that they were supposed to lose for attempting to cheat with the original deal.

It's almost like they are trolling with the cap they sayin

I'll raise you a step further. NJD was in financial trouble when he was there.

So Kovy netted somewhere around $9M total during his time with Jersey, and when SKA beat that yearly in the lockout alone, and the contracts after... there wasn't a financial incentive for him to come back, even though the deal with Jersey escalated in years 4-5-6 etc.

All in all, it was Lou getting away with it again when it came to actual dollars.

NJ's biggest issue is where the new arena is... it was a stupid move to go there. Real stupid move, the looked at population and not median income, nor did they understand the consumer market when doing the real estate deal.

If they went where the money was, they wouldn't have the issues they do now.

I want to say it's a similar thing with Barclays when it comes to sports, but Barclays kills it when it comes to concerts and exhibits.

Classic case of the real estate developers not getting a proper feel for their audience.

Same issue in ARI. OTT.

EDM had that problem, but they just fixed it... and it's not simply because of McJesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad