Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Tampa is still in a shitty place cap wise. The deal allows them to squeak into compliance with a 20 man roster and without Kucherov....and the overall outlook doesn't improve much over the next couple flat cap years. Johnson and Killorn are still going to be hard to move and the flat cap is going to make it so much harder to move aging and declining overpaid vets. Teams just aren't going to have the cap space to operate with. As far as Tampa's concerned one of Stamkos or Kucherov is going to have to go and probably for a lot less return than some might think.

is there any doubt that seattle will take 1 of johnson , gorde or killorn to fix this?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah, that's one I don't get from his perspective. Thought he would get more or sign with a better team. Wonder if he was only looking at Canada because of border issues.
Could be. Thought he would get 1m max. Cap space matters. Thought having him around would be great for Lafreniere

Reactions: leetch99

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Yeah, that's one I don't get from his perspective. Thought he would get more or sign with a better team. Wonder if he was only looking at Canada because of border issues.
The Canadiens overall are far from an elite team but they surely can fight for a top 1-3 spot in that division. and like you said may have preferred a Canadian team due to the border issues? Not sure where his family is settled?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Killorn only has a M-NTC. He will be easy to move even if they have to give something with him which I don't think they will.

31 years old with 3 years left on a $4.450 mil per contract. I have pretty much 0 interest in his services. I certainly wouldn't give up any of our more valuable prospects or draft picks for him. He'd be in more of the Calle Sjalin, Jakob Ragnarsson end of what I'd actually be willing to give up for him.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
hmm, who are you thinking? Can’t be Stamkos with his injuries right? Those injuries add up and he’s 30. Who else in your opinion?

Johnson/Killorn/Gourde

I could see a Florida Panthers type scenario where Tampa gives them Gourde if they draft Johnson

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Johnson/Killorn/Gourde

I could see a Florida Panthers type scenario where Tampa gives them Gourde if they draft Johnson

eh, flat cap i’m not sure i want to pay that much for those guys. Names and dollars work yet not sure if i’m Seattle i want that. Hoping for younger. Idk, have to see what’s out in the market. I’m hesitant

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
eh, flat cap i’m not sure i want to pay that much for those guys. Names and dollars work yet not sure if i’m Seattle i want that. Idk

The flat cap is the best thing to happen to Seattle. I'm sure teams are giving up 1st round picks and top prospects to dump contracts.

The expectation shouldn't be to replicate Vegas' success. That's a once-in-a-lifetime type thing.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
The flat cap is the best thing to happen to Seattle. I'm sure teams are giving up 1st round picks and top prospects to dump contracts.

The expectation shouldn't be to replicate Vegas' success. That's a once-in-a-lifetime type thing.

Agree, and if teams want to give up 1st round picks, especially for 2022, i’m game. I’m not sure i want to spend those dollars on two Tampa players flirting with 30 and that production. If Johnson jacks up his stats and i can flip him at the deadline, maybe, that’s sounds better to me. Tampa needs relief more than i need those players if i’m Seattle. Ante up, i’ll free up your cap and fill my roster but i need more building blocks.

Last edited:

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Laf, Chytil and Gauthier are still on the team in that hypothetical, probably all producing at a higher rate with the support of Soderberg/Haula/Fast as opposed to Strome.

Ill take quality over quantity, Strome and Panarin are a known combination. None of those guys move the needle for me. I don't know why people cant just be happy that we can trot out 3 solid lines. I mean if Chytil is better in the 2c spot he will be there and id be fine with Strome with Laf and Gauthier. Strome is a short term solution and a pretty good one we got for nothing, im not sure why he gets dumped on so much, i guess people gotta hate on someone.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Ill take quality over quantity, Strome and Panarin are a known combination. None of those guys move the needle for me. I don't know why people cant just be happy that we can trot out 3 solid lines. I mean if Chytil is better in the 2c spot he will be there and id be fine with Strome with Laf and Gauthier. Strome is a short term solution and a pretty good one we got for nothing, im not sure why he gets dumped on so much, i guess people gotta hate on someone.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad