Speculation: Roster Building Thread LVIII: At part 58, I am out of titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Eklund is apparently stating that we are going after pool party again. Lol. Eklund needs to just stop

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Don't know the full depth of Chicago's defense, but right now they have Seabrook and Connor Murphy as RD according to cap friendly.

I am vehemently against adding former rangers but...
Anisimov for Shattenkirk makes sense for needs and cap hit. Chicago projects just over $2m in cap space with Anisimov making $4.5m. Both have 2 years.

And I would just let Seattle take a player. No deals. We made out the best in the expansion draft while other teams outsmarted themselves into losing 2 or 3 good players. Take the hit and move on.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Don't know the full depth of Chicago's defense, but right now they have Seabrook and Connor Murphy as RD according to cap friendly.

Anisimov for Shattenkirk makes sense for needs and cap hit. Chicago projects just over $2m in cap space with Anisimov making $4.5m. Both have 2 years.

And I would just let Seattle take a player. No deals. We made out the best in the expansion draft while other teams outsmarted themselves into losing 2 or 3 good players. Take the hit and move on.

Chicago has 2 mil in cap space with 10 forwards and 8 dmen. The last thing they need is to trade a forward for a dman and add cap doing it.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Chicago has 2 mil in cap space with 10 forwards and 8 dmen. The last thing they need is to trade a forward for a dman and add cap doing it.
8 d and 6 are left side. Some will go down and take their cap hit with them. Subtract Anisimov and they have the space. Strome took the 2C spot.

I'll be the first to admit its wishful thinking but Chicago has been making curious moves all summer.

Deleted member 23124

No problem. It seems crazy, but when you think about it... why should teams be able to protect much more than half their roster?
When I think about it, the number I had in my mind was 11...don't know what possessed me to write 18!!!:oops:

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
When I think about it, the number I had in my mind was 11...don't know what possessed me to write 18!!!:oops:
When Vegas drafted it was 11 a few years ago. With inflation, a new CBA and another team joining the league, the protection slots could easily hit 18.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
You must expose two forwards and one defenseman who are under contract and have played 40 games in NHL season prior to the expansion draft or 70 games over the past two seasons. That will entail some planning.

it does require some planning but not really a concern 2 years out...worst case they sign a cheap vet just to expose them

Ken Lund

Feb 23, 2019

Teams that tried to be clever last expansion draft mostly ended up hurting themselves. We could lose a good player but losing one good one won't kill us. Many of our prize prospects won't need to be protected.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Anyone want Jesse Pulujavi besides me or is that just a pipe dream?

Yes he's not a center but for some "crazy" reason I think he'd fit in with the rebuild or 'build" as JD said recently just fine.

Kreider for Jesse and 3rd or 4th rounder or so works...no?

Or is that the Tito's vodka speaking?...lol

Seriously I don't see why that would be unreasonable for both us and the Oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany