Speculation: Roster Building Thread LIII: Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Replace Zucc with Kakko.

Replace Hayes with a combination of a vet forward and Chytil increased production.

I dont know, I think they will surprise.

But a lot can still happen

At this moment, even if you look optimistically at the offense, their D still isn't good enough. Getting Trouba is a big upgrade, but for several spots, we're either looking at known quantities who are low quality or rookie D who are rookie D.

Reactions: RGY

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Guess the Yotes don't necessarily see Hayton needing a spot right away or Schmaltz being a center long term. Unless they're about to make a follow up trade to move a guy like Stepan out.

Rangers could use a short term stop-gap center though. :laugh:

Reactions: TheDirtyH and RGY

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Guess the Yotes don't necessarily see Hayton needing a spot right away or Schmaltz being a center long term. Unless they're about to make a follow up trade to move a guy like Stepan out.

AZ has like no space yet they take that contract? I would take a 3rd and a depth guy for Names or Vesey

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

If they retained $2 million, I would be interested. Only 2 more years remaining.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
AZ has like no space yet they take that contract? I would take a 3rd and a depth guy for Names or Vesey

They have some and probably got the word that they arent on Duchenes short list.

The Avs didn't really need to clear money though. So I wonder if they're lining up a trade for a center or are about to throw a huge contract at Panarin.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Colorado will probably throw money at Panarin and Duchene. Could get Bob too.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
On the question of whether Pavelski should have returned to play from his concussion......well his team is fighting for their playoff lives and if he's passed the baseline tests and is sympton free that's what is pretty much expected of a contracted hockey player. That is no doubt what happened.

Reactions: egelband

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
@Edge Do the Rangers view Chytil as a center or LW for his NHL career?

I think they'd love for him to be a center long-term and believe he has the ability.

Short term, I think there's a growing belief that spending time on the wings wouldn't inherently be awful.

Personally, I see him as a winger and have since before he was drafted.

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015
I think they'd love for him to be a center long-term and believe he has the ability.

Short term, I think there's a growing belief that spending time on the wings wouldn't inherently be awful.

Personally, I see him as a winger and have since before he was drafted.

Gotcha. Thanks. Ultimately, I see him as a center, but I think it will depend his growth over the next two seasons. He has been a very good center in the AHL, granted it isn't the NHL. I think the next two years really determine if center is ever on the table. Such a hard position to break into the league for.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

I'd do it, at 2 years. IF we dont sign Panarin. IF we do not trade for another 2C.

He can fill the 2C spot, 'replace' Kreider ( as a vet, goal scorer and PP net front presence ) and also can play wing if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad