Speculation: Roster Building Thread DCLXXXI: Trade Everyone For Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
This trade from Arizona also shows something interesting....

They're going after some experienced players who know how to win. Chayka wants vets, he wants guys to put down a framework...

I'm starting to think it wasn't the "we need to start winning" argument that got Tippet fired... It was the "Chayka wants to win X way while Tippet wants win Y way"

That's exactly what it was and this deal pretty much completely dispels the idea that Chayka wouldn't trade for Stepan now that Tippet is gone. Which most of us already assumed.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
He'll do better in Chicago...

But I just don't see the motivation to make this move.

Culture... This trade from Arizona also shows that they are looking to change the team into a winning culture. They're going after experienced players who know how to win. Chayka wants vets, he wants guys to put down a framework... I don't think Tippet didn't want to do that either, but I have a feeling the reason Tippet was fired was because the owner believes in Chayka to make the right deals. Arizona has some good players that need a solid support cast.

Stepan fits the bill to a tee as someone experienced who knows when to do what.

And now with Tippet gone, Dvorak is no longer a coaches pet, I think the rangers have a shot at getting this guy...

Imagine if Dvorak was the reason Tippet got fired.. lol

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Just a guess here...

Saad for Panarin is immediately followed by Saad to Phoenix for 7th overall.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Culture... This trade from Arizona also shows that they are looking to change the team into a winning culture. They're going after experienced players who know how to win. Chayka wants vets, he wants guys to put down a framework... I don't think Tippet didn't want to do that either, but I have a feeling the reason Tippet was fired was because the owner believes in Chayka to make the right deals. Arizona has some good players that need a solid support cast.

Stepan fits the bill to a tee as someone experienced who knows when to do what.

And now with Tippet gone, Dvorak is no longer a coaches pet, I think the rangers have a shot at getting this guy...

Imagine if Dvorak was the reason Tippet got fired.. lol

I mean from Chicago's POV, I get why Arizona did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad