Speculation: Roster Building Thread DCLXXXI: Trade Everyone For Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
People are way too down on Murphy who is only 24 and has been playing on awful Arizona teams. Chicago got younger and Murphy will be sheltered by Keith and Seabrook handling the workload

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
People are way too down on Murphy who is only 24 and has been playing on awful Arizona teams. Chicago got younger and Murphy will be sheltered by Keith and Seabrook handling the workload

He'll do better in Chicago...

But I just don't see the motivation to make this move.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
This trade from Arizona also shows something interesting....

They're going after some experienced players who know how to win. Chayka wants vets, he wants guys to put down a framework...

I'm starting to think it wasn't the "we need to start winning" argument that got Tippet fired... It was the "Chayka wants to win X way while Tippet wants win Y way"

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Elliotte Friedman‏Verified account @FriedgeHNIC 15s15 seconds ago
More
Wow. I am also hearing there is a Panarin/Saad deal in the works.

Woah....

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

yeah but if you're trading for a guy who has 5 years left at 3.85, and you have to shelter him, that's not a good trade.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
This trade from Arizona also shows something interesting....

They're going after some experienced players who know how to win. Chayka wants vets, he wants guys to put down a framework...

I'm starting to think it wasn't the "we need to start winning" argument that got Tippet fired... It was the "Chayka wants to win X way while Tippet wants win Y way"

Stepan, to a tee, fits the bill as someone experienced who knows when to do what.

And now with Tippet gone, Dvorak is no longer a coaches pet, I think the rangers have a shot at getting this guy...

Imagine if Dvorak was the reason Tippet got fired.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad