thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
From the Avs board

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

It's not awful but ehhhhhhhhh.

tumblr_inline_n5e1vdChge1seqy2q.gif

I'd probably do it but I really don't want to lose Tanev for anything.

----

FWIW Dreger says Benning hasn't contacted Snow. But it's Dreger so who the hell knows.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Keep in mind that is from a Avs perspective so it's going to over value their players and under value ours.

Just like we over value our players and under value theirs

But there is middle ground here.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Barrie might be considered a better overall player than Tanev but Tanev will end up being more valuable because of his contract.

Who knows what Barrie is going to demand...

Either way, this doesn't help us. We need more young D-men but trading one away to get one puts us right back where we were.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Keep in mind that is from a Avs perspective so it's going to over value their players and under value ours.

Just like we over value our players and under value theirs

But there is middle ground here.

Let's offer them Weber and Jensen, I think the values there. :sarcasm:

Top 4 offensive d-man and a sick sniping dude.

They won't even miss a beat.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Well in a perfect world I'd move Edler + for Barrie.

But their RHD is abysmal and they would create another hole on the right side without Barrie.

They do have money issues so maybe we can offer sheet him. I'm a huge Barrie fan :laugh:

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
From the Avs board

I'd pass on that. I don't think the difference between Barrie and Tanev is equal to Boeser for Bleackley (heck, I don't even fully agree that Barrie is a better d-man). I have never been high on Bleackley, and he only has 12 points in 20 games this season (tied for 8th on his team). There's also the unknown risk of Barrie's next contract. I fully expect him to ask for $5.5M+.

Replace Bleackley with Chris Bigras and I would be much more inclined to do it.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I'd pass on that. I don't think the difference between Barrie and Tanev is equal to Boeser for Bleackley (heck, I don't even fully agree that Barrie is a better d-man). I have never been high on Bleackley, and he only has 12 points in 20 games this season (tied for 8th on his team). There's also the unknown risk of Barrie's next contract. I fully expect him to ask for $5.5M+.

Replace Bleackley with Chris Bigras and I would be much more inclined to do it.

Was it Bigras or Siemens who was like... really horrifically awful in the WJC a few years ago?

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Lmao Benning hasn't even contacted Snow. R.I.P to the mod thepuckmonster.

He should make the call just to test the waters but it doesn't really matter.

There's no deal to be made here. Vancouver is way too far from Manitoba and we don't have what they want.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
He should make the call just to test the waters but it doesn't really matter.

There's no deal to be made here. Vancouver is way too far from Manitoba and we don't have what they want.

I don't think the distance is an issue, we were one of 4 teams specifically mentioned. Even though he's from Manitoba the family member could live elsewhere in Western Canada.

As much as I would like Hamonic I'm not sure I want to see what Benning would offer. We had all the leverage in the Sutter trade and still had to give up extra assets for the pending UFA who Pittsburgh approached us about.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I don't think the distance is an issue, we were one of 4 teams specifically mentioned. Even though he's from Manitoba the family member could live elsewhere in Western Canada.

As much as I would like Hamonic I'm not sure I want to see what Benning would offer. We had all the leverage in the Sutter trade and still had to give up extra assets for the pending UFA who Pittsburgh approached us about.

Vancouver isn't much closer to his home than where he's currently playing.

I don't put too much weight into the fact that we were "mentioned" in the rumor. To be honest I think people just include Vancouver in a lot of rumors because we have a relatively large online fan-base which means more clicks and talk about the site/twitter handle that the rumor came from.

If family is his real priority, Minnesota is an even better choice than the Alberta teams. Closer and they'll visit the Jets more often as they're in the same division.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Vancouver isn't much closer to his home than where he's currently playing.

I don't put too much weight into the fact that we were "mentioned" in the rumor. To be honest I think people just include Vancouver in a lot of rumors because we have a relatively large online fan-base which means more clicks and talk about the site/twitter handle that the rumor came from.

Eh, as pointed out with Edmonton and Calgary it's more so the more consistent direct flights and domestic travel vs international.

Also if a family member has a long term illness and they're not a spouse/child getting permanent residency for the US would be nearly impossible as the wait list is quite long.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
bleakly can barely above 0.5ppg in the dub. no thanks. ill pass on that avs offer

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Eh, as pointed out with Edmonton and Calgary it's more so the more consistent direct flights and domestic travel vs international.

Also if a family member has a long term illness and they're not a spouse/child getting permanent residency for the US would be nearly impossible as the wait list is quite long.

If this is the case then they could have included the 3 East Canadian teams in the rumor, too.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I would assume that it would be Snow's preference to trade him out of conference.

True, but he's not exactly a superstar and it is at least a different division.

I can't speak for Snow, but if it were me, I'd have no problem sending him to Ottawa or Toronto if it was clearly the best deal.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Was it Bigras or Siemens who was like... really horrifically awful in the WJC a few years ago?

That was Bigras. But if we're judging a prospect on a few games a couple of years ago, then Kerby Rychel sucks (0 points in 7 games) and Lazar >>> Horvat. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad