Roster and Fantasy GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
2018 7th round pick for Edmonton's 2016 1st round pick.

Starting this off on the right foot. :sarcasm:

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Something that really irritates me. I've said it a bunch but this pre-season could have been a lot different if Subban got a chance too. We seemingly out of thin air now have two blue chip offensive defensemen and it sucks Subban didn't get the same opportunity to display his potential as Hutton. I get he's small and the organization frowns on that but his size has nothing to do with his game which is already NHL caliber I think.

Still by next season we should have Hutton locking it down in the top four and Subban beginning his NHL emergence. Thank you Mike Gillis, you're still making this team not suck.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Higgins - nyi or nyr for a 3rd
Vey - waive (accept the mistake)

Sedins burrows
baer horvat vrbata (trade for 2nd at deadline)
Kenins mccann virtanen
Gaunce sutter hansen
dorsett(las vegas)
Prust(quebec)

Edler tanev
hamhuis(trade at deadline for 1st/2nd)hutton
Bartkowski weber
corrado
sbisa(las vegas)

Marky
Milly

Cassels. Shinkaruk. Maybe vey in utica.

Subban. And pedan. For d call ups

Resign hamhuis in off season

Sign lucic.

Draft defensemen

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Higgins - nyi or nyr for a 3rd
Vey - waive (accept the mistake)

Sedins burrows
baer horvat vrbata (trade for 2nd at deadline)
Kenins mccann virtanen
Gaunce sutter hansen
dorsett(las vegas)
Prust(quebec)

Edler tanev
hamhuis(trade at deadline for 1st/2nd)hutton
Bartkowski weber
corrado
sbisa(las vegas)

Marky
Milly

Cassels. Shinkaruk. Maybe vey in utica.

Subban. And pedan. For d call ups

Resign hamhuis in off season

Sign lucic.

Draft defensemen

What the hell is this?

Firstly, any expansion draft is not likely to happen until next year at the absolute earliest. More likely in 2017. Regardless, they will be on our team this year.

Second, Prust is a pending UFA. Why would Las Vegas waste a spot on a guy who they won't even have signed to a contract? :facepalm:

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Here's my go at a fully healthy line-up that balances realism and optimism:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows (your typical top line - 18 mins)
Gaunce - Horvat - Vrbata (line had chemistry - 15 mins)
Higgins - Sutter - Hansen (your typical checking line - 15 mins)
Baertschi - McCann - Dorsett (not your typical fourth line; skill, speed, and effort - 12 mins)

Extras: Kenins, Prust

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Weber
Hutton - Bartkowski (Sbisa has played the right side before so he can sub in, but we need Hutton)

Extras: Sbisa

Miller
Markstrom

PP1 (since WD & Co. are set on this)

Sedin - Sedin - Sutter
Vrbata - Edler

PP2 (give the kids a chance... they already have 2 pp goals this preseason)

McCann - Horvat - Burrows
Hutton - Weber

PK1

Sutter - Burrows
Edler - Tanev

PK2

Horvat - Higgins
Hamhuis - Bartkowski

- Trade or waive Vey, Corrado. Hopefully they get through waivers for future call-ups.
- Virtanen gets his 9 games in while Higgins is injured and gets sent down afterwards.
- Substitute in the extras on a game-by-game basis because apparently Sbisa and Prust need ice-time.
- Cracknell and Biega as the first call-ups if Vey and Corrado get picked up or traded.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Here's my lineup, and assuming Jim keeps to his word that he would move out veterans if they're outpayed by rookies I hope he sticks to that word:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Burrows-Horvat-Hansen
Gaunce-Sutter-Kenins
Baertschi-McCann-Virtanen
Dorsett-Prust

(Waive Vey, re-insert Higgins for Virtanen or Baertschi if neither are proving to be effective by the time he returns).

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Hutton
Bartkowski-Weber
Corrado

(trade Sbisa if at all possible, or just waive him. Who cares?)

Markstrom
Miller

(not going to happen, but this is a fantasy thread).

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I haven't watched pre season, but has he been that bad?

He just hasn't displayed enough of a work rate to earn his space to utilize his vision, passing, and shot. He has flashed his skill in spurts, and is actually ok defensively... however there is nothing wrong with having him sit for a game here and there to refocus him. But we'll see how he picks it up closer to the real season.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Here's my lineup, and assuming Jim keeps to his word that he would move out veterans if they're outpayed by rookies I hope he sticks to that word:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Burrows-Horvat-Hansen
Gaunce-Sutter-Kenins
Baertschi-McCann-Virtanen
Dorsett-Prust

(Waive Vey, re-insert Higgins for Virtanen or Baertschi if neither are proving to be effective by the time he returns).

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Hutton
Bartkowski-Weber
Corrado

(trade Sbisa if at all possible, or just waive him. Who cares?)

Markstrom
Miller

(not going to happen, but this is a fantasy thread).

where's biega? how can he not be in the lineup, if you are basing it on performance?

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
What the hell is this?

Firstly, any expansion draft is not likely to happen until next year at the absolute earliest. More likely in 2017. Regardless, they will be on our team this year.

Second, Prust is a pending UFA. Why would Las Vegas waste a spot on a guy who they won't even have signed to a contract? :facepalm:

Third. No one, not even an expansion team, is touching Luca Sbisa. At any rate, much as I hate to say it, Prust won't be a healthy scratch. I just can't see them benching him, especially not at the start of the season.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
I'll admit, I'm awaiting the eventual hilarious rise of the Pizza Hutton line.

I was going to say that Hutton would probably be in tough to cover up for Sbisa's mistakes, but then again, so is everyone else. It wouldn't be any different.

Speaking of hilarious defense pairings, has Edler - Sbisa ever been tried? I'm curious what that would look like just for the entertainment.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Hutton, McCann, Gaunce, Virtanen.. even Biega deserve to be in the opening day lineup. Baertschi has been crap but he started off slow last year too. I'd give him the Vey treatment and dump Vey. if McCann needs to be sent back to Junior at some point, Prust can play center or move Gaunce back to center.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata
Gaunce-Sutter-Hansen
Dorsett-McCaan-Virtanen
Prust

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Weber
Hutton-Biega
Bartkowski, Sbisa

Miller
Markstrom

first unit PP
Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Hutton-Weber

2nd unit pp
McCann-Horvat-Burrows/Sutter
Edler-Baertschi

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Here's Big Daddy FB's opening night roster

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Burrows - Horvat - Virtanen
Baertschi - McCann - Kenins
Gaunce - Sutter - Hansen

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Bartowski
Hutton - Weber

Markstrom
Miller

There is such an amalgamation of crap on this team but the youth is looking pretty good.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
If we are going give vets a hard ride for not playing up to standard and mocking lineups as such...
Weber is the dman on the mock lineup hot seat to be bounced by Hutton based on skillsets, role. and performance so far.

What is it about Biega's skating? he looks great 75% and is playing with speed, jumping in the play and looks smooth and fast... and then the other 25% he looks like he's stuck in mud.

What am i looking at.. a slow first few steps, slow acceleration? He looks good once he's moving tho. Despite his strong camp, i would be concerned about him vs the above NHL average skater.. It's what likely has held him back so far in his career, but hopefully his play has earned him some real games again this season. Good story, likable guy.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Biega absolutely should be on the roster, perhaps starting ahead of Weber. This guy has worked his ass off, done all the little things, and looked great in a depth role when we did bring him up for a bit. For all the touting of character and hard work management spews, Biega is someone who epitomizes it. Sadly, it seems both he and Hutton have played Corrado right back down to Utica.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Biega absolutely should be on the roster, perhaps starting ahead of Weber. This guy has worked his ass off, done all the little things, and looked great in a depth role when we did bring him up for a bit. For all the touting of character and hard work management spews, Biega is someone who epitomizes it. Sadly, it seems both he and Hutton have played Corrado right back down to Utica.

Maybe if Corrado watches more video of himself than Sbisa does, he can move up the depth chart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad