Rosehill vs Lucic

Analyzer*

Great fight. I lol'd at the boxing part, but other than that it was a great fight.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
for what, so that coward can fight with his visor on again...

Keep crying. Why should Phaneuf fight some scrub when his team needs him out on the ice in a crucial game? The only reason he even fought Horton last time is because Horton was being a little chihuahua trying to stir **** up the entire game and the Bruins lost the game anyways. In the end he got what he deserved too.

nathan-horton-dion-phaneuf-2011-3-19-22-21-9.jpg

Lesson learned.

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
Keep crying. Why should Phaneuf fight some scrub when his team needs him out on the ice in a crucial game? The only reason he even fought Horton last time is because Horton was being a little chihuahua trying to stir **** up the entire game and the Bruins lost the game anyways. In the end he got what he deserved too.

Lesson learned.
Horton is a scrub? Gotta love Leaf fans!

Sigh

At half mast
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
www.galenwestonjr.ca

Lesson learned.

Funny post. You act like Dion tuned him or something.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Horton is a scrub? Gotta love Leaf fans!

I was talking about McQuaid, learn some comprehension :facepalm:

LOL, it's ok. The Leafs won't make the playoffs...again. :laugh:

Lol, typical Bruins fan. This is why you guys are starting to garner such a bad rep, because you go around acting like you run the NHL when in reality the fans are constantly ragging on their own team and are always complaining, yet they mask it by vehemently claiming Boston is a "Cup Contender".

Laugh at us all you want, but deep down you guys know yourself you won't go far seeing how the team's flaws are constantly torn apart on the Bruins board and many Bruins fans always giving all the credit to Thomas saying he is the only reason they have that good of a record. :dunno: Besides, we've seen many times this season how teams with speed have dismantled the Bruins with that slow defense core...Leafs and Habs being prime examples with both teams having 4 wins each against the Bruins.

And then there's the Pejorative Slured "USA, USA, USA!" chants, when both the Leafs and Habs have more Americans on their teams.

Last edited:

Hades

Apr 12, 2009
Seems like a draw to me. Freaking Lucic has some good balance. Came real close to falling but still managed to stay on his feet.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI

Lesson learned.

all i see in that pic is someone that fought without a visor and a coward that kept it on

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

Lesson learned.

What lesson? Phaneuf ran away from Horton until the linesmen backed off and he couldn't get behind them anymore, retained his visor, and then went for the takedown and Horton hit his face on the ice. It's not like he actually landed a punch.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
all i see in that pic is someone that fought without a visor and a coward that kept it on

No kidding. That right Horton threw in the beginning would have knocked Homophobic Sluroof out like he did Peckham, but the visor saved him. If there's a lesson to be learned by Horton, it's too knock off that helmet first, or insist the guy flip the lid first.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
What lesson? Phaneuf ran away from Horton until the linesmen backed off and he couldn't get behind them anymore, retained his visor, and then went for the takedown and Horton hit his face on the ice. It's not like he actually landed a punch.

Do you have eyes? Phaneuf is the one who pushed the linesman out of the way because he had enough of Horton and decided to take him. Horton kept trying to unnecessarily start **** even though his team had no chance of winning the game and it was over before it even started.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Do you have eyes? Phaneuf is the one who pushed the linesman out of the way because he had enough of Horton and decided to take him. Horton kept trying to unnecessarily start **** even though his team had no chance of winning the game and it was over before it even started.

I tend to agree with this. I don't remember 100% but didn't Horton basically bother Phaneuf to fight? I mean, why should he take off his visor? If someone was chasing me around the ice so they can throw a punch at my face for no reason, I wouldn't care if I had a full cage on. Horton wanted to fight in what I believe was the final minutes of the game, and phaneuf had no benefit to do so.

BTW, the lucic-rosehill fight was okay. Not sure why it got it's own video on TSN. Two strong guys going at it, no real haymakers or upercuts landed, close jabs and a few close calls IMO.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

Normally I wouldn't care but maybe you should take a look at when Orr fought Lucic and Lucic ran behind the linesmen so they'd stop the fight. The whole Phaneuf/Horton thing was stupid, it was late in the game and the Leafs were killing the Bruins so why the hell would Dion drop em? I swear some people have no idea what they're even talking about. You need to put fights into context and given the situation It would've been incredibly stupid for Dion to fight.

GalacticaActual

Mar 23, 2010
Mississauga, Ontario

Earlier in the season Phaneuf fought Horton and both took their visors off. But youre just focusing on their most recent meeting. Calling Phaneuf a coward because of that incident is ludicrous. Most recent meeting between Phaneuf and Horton? Bad move by Phaneuf to not take his visor off, but I would not call it cowardly. I'd chalk it up to heat of the moment, game was over, Phaneuf incredulous that someone would be stupid enough to get our top defenseman goaded into a fight when the game was over and done, etc... But keep calling Phaneuf a coward.

Last edited:

The Magician

Jan 14, 2011
London
Really good scrap, that's the kind that knots your stomach with excitement, not the 'oh, player X has hit player Y, so players A + B will fight to teach.... someone.... a lesson? maybe' fights that often happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad