Confirmed with Link: ROR traded to STL

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Can I just get a clarification. Is this term a euphemism for saying you think someone is homosexual?

No, from what I've found, it similar to the expression skeleton in the closet, having nothing to hide. Basically he's saying that Berglund is kind of shady, not a straight-shooter, etc.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Can I just get a clarification. Is this term a euphemism for saying you think someone is homosexual?
I'm picking up negative energy here.

And for question about homosexual, No and if you look previous messages there is guy who has cracked my bad google translate try out. Sorry for that you get confused thinking about Berglund and homosexuals.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
I am curious what Ranksu means by " not a straight shooter" then. Look no one that plays for the blows or has played for them presently can't hit the net so if that's what you mean I agree. I suspect that is not the meaning though. Is this a Finish- Swedish thing?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I am curious what Ranksu means by " not a straight shooter" then. Look no one that plays for the blows or has played for them presently can't hit the net so if that's what you mean I agree. I suspect that is not the meaning though. Is this a Finish- Swedish thing?
He just means Berglund is a disingenuous person.

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
Having "clean flour in the bag" comes straight out of swedish and it means "have nothing to hide". A better translation might be "pure flour in the bag".

For those interested it comes from "the old days" when "shady" people mixed stuff in the flour (for example sawdust) they where selling. They did not have pure flour in their bags! ;o) In other words, they where looked upon as someone who deceived others.

Funny that today flour is used to mix some other….stuff.

Last edited:

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
I would like to point out that I meant to call them the Blues not the Blows. LOL! Not trying to be cute just have issues with this keyboard.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
What's crazy is look at the teams.... why the hell would he hate being in Buffalo....they are winning and Stl is a dumpster fire. If I were him I'd view it as a thank god I avoided that....
I mean, I would never want to live in Buffalo regardless of how good their team is. But who knows.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I like snow though, so I'd enjoy it. Doesnt snow much at all in Semo anymore
Ah I see. I don’t know, snow looks cool and is fun when you’re a kid. But when you’re an adult and you have to shovel it, clean your car off, drive in it, etc I think it’s mainly just a pain in the ass.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Ah I see. I don’t know, snow looks cool and is fun when you’re a kid. But when you’re an adult and you have to shovel it, clean your car off, drive in it, etc I think it’s mainly just a pain in the ass.
Boots+remote+4WD truck,/SUVs :laugh:

I hear ya though. Even then...the dude is from Sweden. It has to be a winter wonderland there most of the year...:huh:

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
Looks like Buffalo has released Berglund and will attempt to terminate his contract. Whaaaat? There HAS to be more to this story.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Looks like Buffalo has released Berglund and will attempt to terminate his contract. Whaaaat? There HAS to be more to this story.
There is unquestionably a lot more to it. It's being reported as a mutual termination, but Buffalo don't say mutual and just say there will be no further comment. Maybe I'm reading too much into a single tweet.

If it is mutual? I hope Berglund is okay. Something significant must be going on with him to walk away from over $12m when he's going to get a small fraction of that in Europe. Obviously he's earned good money in his career, but nowhere near enough that $12m isn't an absolutely massive amount to him.

Reactions: cardinalnation

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Would he be taken back to Blues on a league minimum

I don’t think Sabres would care one but if that happened.

This is the craziest thing ever. Please post if there is any info from St Louis media coming out on this.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
It seems like either Berglund just doesn't care that much about the money, or he has some delusions about how much he's worth on the open market. I hope he's not taking bad advice from the same agent that screwed up his no-trade list. I'll be shocked if he can get a contract that doesn't result in a significant loss compared with the guaranteed money he's leaving.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
My guess here is that he is not in the plans for the Blues. My feeling at this moment is he may be home sick and will play in Sweden or maybe not at all. You know things change in Life, Feelings Change. Bergy has made plenty of money and maybe just doesn't want to do it anymore. We have no idea how this man's body feels either. I'm sure there is all types of speculation and we may never know the whole deal. I tend to doubt this is a contract thing.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Why would Berglund play for the Blues again> Doesn't he supposedly feel that Armstrong pulled a fast one on him with the trade list? (I think that's bogus, but still.) But I highly doubt that anyone in the Blues organization views Berglund as a solution for any problem they're dealing with right now.

I don't think there has been a single report about him going to Sweden to play, other than idle speculation from fans. I expect him to negotiate a contract with another NHL team, but not for much money and possibly just for the remainder of this season. He'll go into the off-season as UFA and try to get something as nice as what he had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad