Proposal: ROR to COL

Jan 21, 2018
How about Zadorov + for ROR?

I don't think ROR has done much since he got traded to offset him getting older. Should be a pretty fair trade right, it's not like ROR's worth a top pick/prospect since he's done nothing to improve his value since leaving the Avs in the first place.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

I don't think ROR has done much since he got traded to offset him getting older. Should be a pretty fair trade right, it's not like ROR's worth a top pick/prospect since he's done nothing to improve his value since leaving the Avs in the first place.

Zadorov is not going anywhere.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Avs would not trade Zadorov for ROR straight up at this point. Zads is going to be a huge, huge piece of this teams success going forward.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I don't see it personally. Right now they are looking to acquire as many young and talented players that they can, not move them in deals yet. All the bad history also makes it that much more unlikely.

They will take runs at JT, Stastny and see what comes from that Ott 1st rounder, after that point they might be in a spot where they would look to solve their issues via trades but I don' think RoR makes enough sense at this time.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
I'd gladly take ROR back with open arms. I have zero issue with him trying to make his money. Players have a short window to earn their dough and I'm not about to criticize him for that at all.

He would be a perfect fit on the Avs and would drastically improve that 2nd line. As for what he's worth. I'd do something around 16th overall, but I certainly wouldn't even come close to including Ottawa's 1st. Not even a little.

16th and Kamenev is a fair start. Unfortunately for Sabres fans a hockey trade just isn't likely here. ROR is hands down going to be the best player in a trade so it'll have to be a futures type package that involves at least one young player ready for the NHL (like a Kamenev).

It's sad to see the guy get bashed, he is a fantastic player that makes any line he's on better. Too many Avs fans forget how good he was and immediately get butt hurt when they see his name pop up. All because the guy didn't want to take pennies on the dollar for his worth.

The negative to ROR isn't even his contract (that's a non factor and isn't bad like people want to think it is). The downside to ROR is his weird dad.

If Sabres fans could live with a package of 16th, Kamenev/Jost, and maybe a d man on the roster that isn't EJ, Z, Girard, Barrie or a d prospect like Meloche that is a near NHL ready prospect who will be an NHLer, a good one at that (guy doesn't get the credit he deserves cos Timmins and Makar are the newest shiny toys). I don't think that's an offensive proposal for either fan base imo.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
ROR is locked in until 22-23. Not like they'd be trading for Skinner who could walk in a year. And the Avalanche need to sign someone for a decent chunk of change. Stastny, JVR, Neal, Perron. Overpaying any of them seems like a much worse idea than ROR depending on what we give up.

We currently have $52m in cap hit next season. Re-sign Nemeth and Nieto for $2m each, replace/re-sign Comeau and Bernier for $2.5m-3m each, and we're over $60m, which should be over the cap floor. So, I disagree that we need to sign someone for a decent chunk of change.

I also think that we should be budgeting for the raises our youngsters will be getting over the next couple of years. Between just Rantanen and Zadorov, I'm expecting to add close to $10m in cap hit (which is about $6.5m each) next off season. Beyond them, we'll need to either re-sign or replace Barrie, Compher, Kerfoot, Kamanev, Andrighetto, Jost, Girard, etc. in the next 2 years. If we trade away our higher end prospects and picks to add $7.5m for the next 5 years, where are we going to get cheap, but still good replacements for the guys we can't afford to keep? Do you really want to go back to signing whatever UFAs we can find, rather than having good young players on ELCs?

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
We currently have $52m in cap hit next season. Re-sign Nemeth and Nieto for $2m each, replace/re-sign Comeau and Bernier for $2.5m-3m each, and we're over $60m, which should be over the cap floor. So, I disagree that we need to sign someone for a decent chunk of change.

I also think that we should be budgeting for the raises our youngsters will be getting over the next couple of years. Between just Rantanen and Zadorov, I'm expecting to add close to $10m in cap hit (which is about $6.5m each) next off season. Beyond them, we'll need to either re-sign or replace Barrie, Compher, Kerfoot, Kamanev, Andrighetto, Jost, Girard, etc. in the next 2 years. If we trade away our higher end prospects and picks to add $7.5m for the next 5 years, where are we going to get cheap, but still good replacements for the guys we can't afford to keep? Do you really want to go back to signing whatever UFAs we can find, rather than having good young players on ELCs?

I can get behind all of that. For some reason I thought we were much further away from the cap floor. Screw Stastny or ROR in that case then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad