Proposal: RoR to Anaheim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
He's a pending RFA so hopefully that brings his value down a little bit.
Not the case at all. Means we are going to want to lock him up long term now.

What are your biggest needs? Seems like defenseman is a need for you guys. How do you guys feel about picks/prospects?
A younger number 1 defenseman. Not interested in picks and prospects in a deal involving ROR. We would need a immediate impact player.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Not the case at all. Means we are going to want to lock him up long term now.

A younger number 1 defenseman. Not interested in picks and prospects in a deal involving ROR. We would need a immediate impact player.

Exactly. This is where Lindholm comes in.

If we trade ROR for some stupid reason, e.g. to the Ducks we need that. And from the Ducks that player is Lindholm. And we'd want something quite significant on top of that.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Exactly. This is where Lindholm comes in.

If we trade ROR for some stupid reason, e.g. to the Ducks we need that. And from the Ducks that player is Lindholm. And we'd want something quite significant on top of that.

Agreed. From the Ducks we'd be looking for Lindholm/Fowler+ as a starting point.

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
No.

I think the Avs absolutely have to keep the core of Varlamov, Johnson, Duchene, Landeskog, O'Reilly, MacKinnon, and Barrie together as long as they possibly can. And Stastny.

I couldn't agree more !! We can't let these guys go anywhere :shakehead !! It took us a good 4 or 5 years to get out of "rebuild mode" ; and this is the group of guys that we got that resulted from this long and painful process.

It might take one or two years of developing d-men prospects and picking up some other good d-men in the early rounds of future drafts to be a regular playoff team and especially a cup contender.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Yikes. I suppose if you want to see an Avs fan at his/her worst, simply suggest a Ryan O'Reilly trade. Dude threw an idea over the wall and got a few nukes sent back in return. LOL. Such a very personal, life-or-death topic to so many Avs fans. :laugh:

Anyway, to the (seemingly reasonable) original poster: Ryan O'Reilly would cost you a young 1st/2nd pairing defenseman who could play immediately, and is not close to UFA eligibility. Lindholm is a good starting point for discussion.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I'm kind of a fan of common sense though.

A fine position to claim to have, though I (respectfully) don't believe it. I have a feeling one is more a fan of Ryan O'Reilly than a fan of common sense. And one isn't alone.

Plus, I would expect said 'common sense' to come along with at least a fair portion of rational discourse, when it comes to these trade discussions. And when it comes to O'R trade proposals, I see an awful lot of it (rational discourse) missing amongst us Avs fans. I see a lot more of personal investment and emotion instead. Way more, in fact. I remember one poster (don't remember who) in one of these O'R trade threads, who claimed that Shea Weber was a bad return for O'R, and he wouldn't do the trade. LOL.

I think O'R is a terrific young player, and wouldn't want to see him leave the team, unless it clearly solved the defense problem. But we as a group have a pretty poor reputation in the trade forum area - particularly due to our O'R trade rebuttals - and we collectively deserve it. Big time. Several responses to the OP in this thread simply fortifies said reputation.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Let's see, the morning of Game 2 to come to OUR forum to discuss the possibility of obtaining our leading goal scorer, soon to be Lady Byng winner and obvious core part of the team isn't exhibiting common sense. Why would any team give up that type of player? The only reason why anyone even thinks he's available is because of the contract issue last time and some incorrect perception that we can't pay his QO if it came down to it. Also the perception that he's a defensive forward. I bet if you created a poll on the main board less than half would select him as our leading goal scorer. That's the reason for the attitude on the main board, because everyone just throws up lazy proposals without ever listening to what Avs fans have to say and just go by the little they've heard on TSN and within their fanbase. I'm MORE than fine for having a reputation for fighting for our fanbase and team that most people have no clue about. We are not the Habs or the TML and we are not going to get pushed around just like our team isn't. It has nothing to do with emotional attachment, it has to do with logic. I understand until he signs that contract then anything can happen but a) any indication that things are not going well hasn't happened yet and b) we are still in the damn playoffs. If someone wants to get into a what if discussion or a value discussion fine but this is neither the time nor the place. I apologize for shooting the messenger, who I believe had pure intentions and I never ever hope to personally offend anyone but the grand point of everything, no I'm not taking it back.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
It looks like this thread has run its course.

A word of caution for everyone who's posted in this thread. I know the numerous "Stastny for Bozak + a 2nd" style proposals from Leafs fans have made a number of us jaded, myself included when I see those types of threads on the Trade Forum, but I would just ask that if an outsider comes in, with seemingly good intentions, just try a straightforward answer first.

But for right now I'm going to close this to prevent anything from getting out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad