Proposal: RoR to Anaheim

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Hey guys, I just really want to gauge what you think it would cost for us to acquire him from you guys. Theres so much talk about kesler to anaheim but who I really want is Ryan O'Reilly. The guy fits in with how we play and is a pretty good 2-way player who would slot in beautifully behind getzlaf.

He's a pending RFA so hopefully that brings his value down a little bit.
What are your biggest needs? Seems like defenseman is a need for you guys. How do you guys feel about picks/prospects?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Being a RFA does not bring down his value. Prospects/picks doesn't get it done since we're not rebuilding.

I don't think he's going anywhere but Fowler might get the Avs to listen.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
Well to answer your question about picks/prospects... how would you feel about trading one of your top, established young players for picks/prospects? Same answer. Like the Ducks, the Avs are no longer in the business of rebuilding, they are in the business of getting better.

An NHL ready top pairing defensemen is the price. If that's not offered, the Avs will be plenty happy to keep ROR.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
No.

I think the Avs absolutely have to keep the core of Varlamov, Johnson, Duchene, Landeskog, O'Reilly, MacKinnon, and Barrie together as long as they possibly can. And Stastny.

They have some defensemen prospects coming up that could still pan out. Duncan Siemens, Stefan Elliott, Chris Bigras. Address the rest of the need at the position through free agency and the draft.

A top four of
EJ-someone
Hejda-Barrie

With Guenin, Benoit, Holden, Bigras, Siemens, Elliott fighting for the bottom pairing sounds alright to me.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
i'd take lindholm as fowler ain't going anywhere. not that lindholm would be going anywhere either. murray would hang up pretty fast.

don't see realistic trade scenario here.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
No, he's not for sale. He's our leading goal scorer and a very very important part of the team. If y'all want to discuss value fine but the idea of trading him is ludicrous.

Can we have Getzlaf or Perry? How does that sound? Maybe I'll make a proposal.

Last edited:

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Yeah Lindholm or Fowler has to be in the deal, don't think Ducks want to do that though.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
No, he's not for sale. He's our leading goal scorer and a very very important part of the team. If y'all want to discuss value fine but the idea of trading him is ludicrous.

Can we have Getzlaf or Perry? How does that sound? Maybe I'll make a proposal.

just asking.. so snarky :(

anyways thanks for the inputs

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Like I said, if the discussion is about value I understand but after having to fight through half a dozen proposals for him on a weekly basis for the entire year on the main board it becomes a bit wearisome.

I understand if you haven't seen all those threads you are just asking an innocent question. My point more is the perception that's he's available is my problem. He lead the team with 28 goals, lead the NHL in takeaways and is going to win the Lady Byng. That's not a player ANY team is going to trade. The Avs can afford him even at 6.5. They have $26 million in cap space remaining to sign 6 players for next year.

Last edited:

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
Put down the pitch forks guys... He's not a GM.. He's just asking a question and lindholm + Ott First seems like a fair deal to me.

Neither side bites on that tbh though.

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
This is the Colorado Avalanche subforum

You came in here asking us to trade one of our best players, a fan favorite

You weren't expecting some snark? It should be obvious that it was going to happen

I'm not sure why though... It was just a question from an outsider. It's not like he can make a trade. We get so defensive over these random proposal threads sometimes without good cause. I get the bozak + 2nd for any and every player we have.. That's just annoying, but he didn't propose anything too ridiculous yet.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I'm not sure why though... It was just a question from an outsider. It's not like he can make a trade. We get so defensive over these random proposal threads sometimes without good cause. I get the bozak + 2nd for any and every player we have.. That's just annoying, but he didn't propose anything too ridiculous yet.

I'm not saying it was right

But to be surprised and offended, I find that silly, you have to have seen it coming lol

Averick*

i'd take lindholm as fowler ain't going anywhere. not that lindholm would be going anywhere either. murray would hang up pretty fast.

don't see realistic trade scenario here.

What's the point of him calling in the first place then?

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
If this was toronto this trade would have been made a few times already.. Bozak + 2nd for RoR + 4th.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
If there is another contact impasse I could see the Avs moving ROR but it is almost impossible for that to happen.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
It's funny reading the Ror comments after watching a fun but silly Trade Day movie. Ok, I want two firsts and something like Captain America for Ror, no wait that's another movie! Oh no
Lol
Ok
I'm high on winning game 2
Ror not 4 sale

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Whatever O'Reilly's realistically trade value is with NHL teams, he's probably worth 2x that much. The little things just don't get factored into trade value as much, and he does pretty much everything outside of pure fancy offense, as well as you can possibly do. And he still has some fancy offensive plays in him.

I don't see anyway they don't lose a trade they make with him. He's not going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad