ROR arrested for impaired driving; trial date set for July 11-12

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
When your contract negotiations go so far south that it causes the franchise to trade away an ELITE 24 YEAR OLD CENTER (according to everyone), yep, headcase.

Already this idiot isn't worth the trouble.

You're entitled to your opinions but they were and still are absurd. Is Dougie Hamilton also a headcase?

MCDJr244

Oct 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
This is comical, relax people. Dude made a mistake. Don't like you've never gotten behind the wheel when you shouldn't have.

Was this a stupid incident sure, but relax.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I've made mistakes in the past that I'm ashamed of today, so can't say he's a POS; that'd be hypocritical of me. But i will say this was an idiotic move that's going to bring a lot of bad press his way, and will become a distraction for teammates.

Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
FWIW, if Canadian laws are like NY laws, impaired (rather than under the influence) means buzzed, not wasted. 2 beers with dinner could get someone into the "impaired" zone.

That said, driving into a Tim Hortons makes me think it was more than a buzz :laugh:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Getting pulled over for blowing a .08 by a drink or two is "not a big deal."

Crashing into a building and then abandoning the car to flee on foot is actually a pretty big deal.

I didn't know about the fleeing part at first.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
So his contract is getting terminated right?

WAIT

Didn't calculate the double standard of NHL hockey. When you're good, nothing matters!

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Really ****ing stupid. Don't know what the usual range of punishments for this stuff is in Canada, but I'd guess a fine and taking a class or something easy.

Should probably at the very least suspend his license and make him take some sort of alcohol related course(s).
So his contract is getting terminated right?

WAIT

Didn't calculate the double standard of NHL hockey. When you're good, nothing matters!

I assume this is sarcasm, but no.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
This is comical, relax people. Dude made a mistake. Don't like you've never gotten behind the wheel when you shouldn't have.

Was this a stupid incident sure, but relax.

He just signed a $52 million contract. He hasn't played a single game for this franchise yet and he pulls this. How he can be this stupid is way beyond me.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Not a smart move.... but not a big deal either.

Leaving the scene of a crime is a big deal in Canada, and they don't care if you're a politician, athlete or rich

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
FWIW, if Canadian laws are like NY laws, impaired (rather than under the influence) means buzzed, not wasted. 2 beers with dinner could get someone into the "impaired" zone.

That said, driving into a Tim Hortons makes me think it was more than a buzz :laugh:

According to the report, he was booked for blowing "over 80 mgs"

Which is over .08 BAC

And we as of yet don't know just how high over .08 he blew.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
You're entitled to your opinions but they were and still are absurd. Is Dougie Hamilton also a headcase?

So you're attacking me after you say you're not attacking me. Come on Paxon, you're better than that.

Are you saying there's a nexus between drunk driving and contract disputes in professional sports?

No. But it's clear that he is full of himself. And now he's in trouble with the law. What's next for him? Banging a Pegula daughter?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad